Feds Order NYC To Change Every Single Street Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Feds Order NYC To Change Every Single Street Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feds Order NYC To Change Every Single Street Sign  (Read 3247 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« on: October 02, 2010, 05:39:47 AM »

Uh, why should the lifespan of a roadsign be only ten years? Unless they're really, really shoddily manufactured?

It could be that the printing of the name on the background takes a beating and the letters either darken or peel off.

Or the supports start to rust; remember they're out in all weathers.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

This, of course, has a profound impact on interstate commerce, and is therefor within the purview of Congress.

Huh

New York City spans two different states (New York and Connecticut), and roads are the transportation network that bring things from one state to the next.  Honestly, I can't think of a more cut-and-dried case of interstate commerce than this.

Make that three states; you forgot New Jersey as part of the Greater NYC area.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

This, of course, has a profound impact on interstate commerce, and is therefor within the purview of Congress.

Huh

New York City spans two different states (New York and Connecticut), and roads are the transportation network that bring things from one state to the next.  Honestly, I can't think of a more cut-and-dried case of interstate commerce than this.

I didn't forget, but this order only applies to New York City, not to its metropolitan area.

Of course, although people from Jersey will also be coming to NYC on a daily basis to work. And from the older Jersey for holidays.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »

Huh

I didn't forget, but this order only applies to New York City, not to its metropolitan area.

New York City is located entirely in the state of New York.

Yes, but the fact is NYC has a vast metropolitan area; 19 million people live in commuting distance.

I like the altered sign design. It's more friendly and less stark.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies