The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear  (Read 32843 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: November 10, 2004, 04:52:23 PM »

I concede that I overestimated the intelligence of the American people. 

Wakie, excellent post.. and the line above completely sums up the whole election.

It also, oddly enough, reveals that Kerry is a somewhat decent man, if that is possible in politics.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 01:00:51 PM »

I don't see why Barney Frank or other gay marriage advocates are any less qualified to fight for monagamy and traditional families than anyone else. Is there other evidence, other than his sexuality which doesn't prove anything that I can see, that Barney Frank opposes monogamy and strong families?

Maybe because his boyfriend, who was about half his age, was running a prostitution ring from his house?  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I agree with your basic point, that it's theoretically possible for homosexuals to have family values, but I don't think Barney Frank is the best example to use to make it.  And I do think the reality is that homosexuals are, in general, more promiscuous and socially liberal than heterosexuals.

Promiscuity is cool, family values are boring.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 02:43:40 AM »

opebo, you do know there is an explosion of aids in thailand?

In fact, there is not - the rate is declining.  But all such statistical information is rather dubious.

But taking that line of reasoning - the rate of hiv is lowest in places like Saudi Arabia.  Should we therefore emulate them?  Seems safest to me, from an epidemiological perspective, to imprison women within Burkhas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies