AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ  (Read 10610 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 01:51:40 AM »

I'm going to list the platform here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A word of note: this campaign is not out to unilaterally end the ConCon. If the people want to continue it, we certainly will. I don't believe it was ever stated we wanted to shut it down against the overwhelming wishes of the people.

Also, I will be sparsely active between now and next Saturday due to the LSAT's, which I am severely unprepared for. I know I will be unable to participate in any debates until after that date.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »

A gift from a semi-retired Atlasian that wishes you the best of luck. You will have my support, and my first preference. I have no doubts that you both will make excellent administrators, and will choose a splendid cabinet. Really, this is one of the best tickets to come along in years, and I am very eager to vote for you both. Hopefully, you can revive Atlasia, and stop the membership and activity decline that has been taking place for quite some time.

Also availabile in small form:

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »

I know I haven't been active recently but I would like to of course endorse my two old friends, Andrew and Duke Smiley

And thus do I once again disappear into the night.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

Thank you NiK, that is awesome. I'll try and add that in as soon as possible!

Also, thank you to my friend HW. Your kind words and support are greatly apprecited!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »

A word of note: this campaign is not out to unilaterally end the ConCon. If the people want to continue it, we certainly will. I don't believe it was ever stated we wanted to shut it down against the overwhelming wishes of the people.

I just think it is inappropriate and premature to call it a failure and claim that it has been poorly run. The process is straightforward and the delegates are getting the job done. The Convention has remained within its mandate, making sure that we are crafting a consolidated and simpler document for current and future Atlasians.

The process, contrary to your claims, has been very transparent and directed almost completely through the regions, from the initial request for a Convention to the makeup of the delegates (five out of six of the delegates were selected by the regions). The final ratification of the Convention's new Constitution will also need to go to a vote of the regions.

While you may have not called for the unilateral disbandment of the Convention, your rhetoric appeared as an attempt to find some way to leverage the issue to your political advantage, something I felt was inappropriate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »

I just think it is inappropriate and premature to call it a failure and claim that it has been poorly run. The process is straightforward and the delegates are getting the job done. The Convention has remained within its mandate, making sure that we are crafting a consolidated and simpler document for current and future Atlasians.

The process, contrary to your claims, has been very transparent and directed almost completely through the regions, from the initial request for a Convention to the makeup of the delegates (five out of six of the delegates were selected by the regions). The final ratification of the Convention's new Constitution will also need to go to a vote of the regions.

While you may have not called for the unilateral disbandment of the Convention, your rhetoric appeared as an attempt to find some way to leverage the issue to your political advantage, something I felt was inappropriate.

I have to agree with this, though I'm more mystified than anything about the motives to consider ending the Convention now. Really, has there been any hue and cry among Atlasians to terminate the Constitutional Convention? Has there been notable complaints about the manner in which the CC has been run or what it has thus far accomplished? For that matter have either of you (Andrew and Duke) ever previously commented publically on ways you believe the Constitutional Convention could be improved, let alone calling for ending it?

Your suggestion of considering an abrupt end to the Convention is a real surprise out of the blue in an otherwise reasonable sounding platform. It begs the simple question: Why? The secondary question being: Why now?

FTR, if a referendum was held on terminating the Convention, how would each of you vote and why?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:12 PM »

No, Andrew showed no interest in any reform efforts and now he was just looking for an issue to criticize the administration to make political points on that.

Which only show us his possible "quality" as President. No interest in anything but sign the bill, veto the bill, "I'm out of here for some time".
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »

No, Andrew showed no interest in any reform efforts and now he was just looking for an issue to criticize the administration to make political points on that.

Which only show us his possible "quality" as President. No interest in anything but sign the bill, veto the bill, "I'm out of here for some time".

That couldnt be further from the truth. Although I wasnt a part of this one, I have participated in the past. If I am elected, and the people still want it to continue, than it will, and I will be participating in it. I would greatly appreciate it if you didnt falsify my charcacter, and deicide any of my future actions for the sake of your own campaign.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

That couldnt be further from the truth. Although I wasnt a part of this one, I have participated in the past. If I am elected, and the people still want it to continue, than it will, and I will be participating in it. I would greatly appreciate it if you didnt falsify my charcacter, and deicide any of my future actions for the sake of your own campaign.

Threats, Andrew?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2010, 04:45:14 PM »

Threats, Andrew?
How is that a threat? He's merely suggesting that the aggressive and mean-spirited campaign you are running, filled with terrible assumptions, will only hurt you in the end.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »

Threats, Andrew?
How is that a threat? He's merely suggesting that the aggressive and mean-spirited campaign you are running, filled with terrible assumptions, will only hurt you in the end.
'

It is my view that Andrew have no slightest vision for his potential presidency and is not offering anything valuable beside an ignorant criticism.

We have a clear choice between a candidate, who deals with Atlasia mechanism every day and can sacrifice his time for a very ungrateful and comsuming job in game, and a candidate, who has yet to show what he can do. Andrew did nothing yet.

Yes, I'm waiting for Andrew to outline his vision for a potential Presidency.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »

Agreed. You forget we are running as a team, and my record on energy reform, ethical cleanup and infrastructure improvement in the Senate =/ a do-nothing administration. In fact, I think it's refreshing to see the right finally has a ticket that presents reforms instead of the usual "do-nothing/attack the left" routine we've seen recently. All I have seen so far are baseless attacks coming out of your camp full of unsupported attacks on Andrew's character. I tell you what - I won't let him become a do-nothing President. How about that? Tongue

Also, I fail to see how you would find Andrew's statement as a threat considering what has already been flung from your camp.

@Badger: I voted for the ConCon the first time despite my reservations following the failure of the first because I felt like it wouldn't hurt anything by doing it again. I'll be honest, I have been busy recently with midterms, projects and LSAT preparations, so I, myself, have not been following the progress on the actual accomplishments of the ConCon recently. If it is a successful venture, and the delegates remain committed, enthused and optimistic, I see no reason why I would vote to dismantle it and I don't foresee AndrewCT voting to dismantle it either.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »

Agreed. You forget we are running as a team, and my record on energy reform, ethical cleanup and infrastructure improvement in the Senate =/ a do-nothing administration. In fact, I think it's refreshing to see the right finally has a ticket that presents reforms instead of the usual "do-nothing/attack the left" routine we've seen recently. All I have seen so far are baseless attacks coming out of your camp full of unsupported attacks on Andrew's character. I tell you what - I won't let him become a do-nothing President. How about that? Tongue

Also, I fail to see how you would find Andrew's statement as a threat considering what has already been flung from your camp.

@Badger: I voted for the ConCon the first time despite my reservations following the failure of the first because I felt like it wouldn't hurt anything by doing it again. I'll be honest, I have been busy recently with midterms, projects and LSAT preparations, so I, myself, have not been following the progress on the actual accomplishments of the ConCon recently. If it is a successful venture, and the delegates remain committed, enthused and optimistic, I see no reason why I would vote to dismantle it and I don't foresee AndrewCT voting to dismantle it either.

Well, Duke, if you were looking for active President, you rather should be on the top.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »

Threats, Andrew?
'

It is my view that Andrew have no slightest vision for his potential presidency and is not offering anything valuable beside an ignorant criticism.

We have a clear choice between a candidate, who deals with Atlasia mechanism every day and can sacrifice his time for a very ungrateful and comsuming job in game, and a candidate, who has yet to show what he can do. Andrew did nothing yet.

First of all, dont even start saying anything about my activity, because if you are, you certainly arent going to like the answer.  And second, I will be announcing more about our plan for Atlasia later this week with Duke.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »

Threats, Andrew?
'

An elegant post, but you failed to answer the question I asked that prompted you to post. Once again, how was AndrewCT's post a threat?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »

Threats, Andrew?
'

First of all, dont even start saying anything about my activity, because if you are, you certainly arent going to like the answer.  And second, I will be announcing more about our plan for Atlasia later this week with Duke.

Very good. We're waiting.

@ Tmth, I'm voiving my opinion of Andrews ability to serve as President. I guess that's something understandable, as candidates aren't holy cows, and since they're not holy cows, as a voter I can expect something better than "don't attack me" stuff.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »

Kalwejt, for the third time now, how was AndrewCT's comments a "threat", as you suggested?

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »

Kalwejt, for the third time now, how was AndrewCT's comments a "threat", as you suggested?

K, I miread this. Happy now, Isaac?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »

K, I miread this. Happy now, Isaac?

I simply wanted some clarification, as I found nothing "threat-like" in his comment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2010, 06:32:17 PM by Senator Duke »

I wonder whether we should take all this attention as a conpliment or an insult? Tongue

Also, has anyone noticed that, with all the attacks tossed at us, Kal's ticket has yet to introduce a platform?

Listen, Kal, I don't want to fight with you because you have been an asset to Atlasia in updating the Wiki and with your job as AG and I respect you, but I gotta defend the ticket my name is on Tongue . To attack us when your own ticket has yet to issue party planks or ideas on the same topic is a bit silly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »

I wonder whether we should take all this attention as a conpliment or an insult? Tongue

Also, has anyone noticed that, with all the attacks tossed at us, Kal's ticket has yet to introduce a platform?

Listen, Kal, I don't want to fight with you because you have been an asset to Atlasia in updating the Wiki and with your job as AG and I respect you, but I gotta defend the ticket my name is on Tongue . To attack us when your own ticket has yet to issue party planks or ideas on the same topic is a bit silly.

We're working on it carefully, but ok, since it's yet to be published in a day or two, you had a point.

Btw, I hope you'll be avaviable for VP debate when times come. Strange, but I never had one before.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »

Regarding my ticket's lack of a platform, I explained this in my speech on Monday evening.  The decision to run with this ticket was made very last minute.  Thus, I have not had weeks to prepare a platform before announcing candidacy.  I think we all assumed that Purple State would run for re-election, and that the JCP would not be running any other candidates.  We learned of Purple States and Morakai's decision not to run at the same time the rest of Atlasia learned this.  We entered this race because we oppose the Andrew/Duke ticket, and we believe we are a better choice.

Personal attacks are not my campaign style, and personally I will refrain from them.  As I also discussed two nights ago, Andrew has a reputation of inactivity.  I have not personally witnessed this, as I was not involved in the Northeast's regional government.  I think my running mate was trying to make a point about this.  
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »

Fritz,

I'm merely defending my ticket. I'm not trying to engage in dirty politics. I have respect for you and your running mate, but I do have the right to defend myself in this race (or my ticket rather). I'm also not blaming you for the lack of platform so much as I feel it's silly for Kal to attack us for being do-nothings when his side hasn't produced anything yet. I know you will..Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »

@Kal: I can debate anytime after Sunday. My LSATs are Saturday morning and I have a project Sunday morning to do. I should have some breathing room to debate then.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2010, 07:22:48 PM »

Just for the record, it is my hope (and likely the hope of the other Convention delegates) that this debate over the Convention is rather moot, as we should be presenting a final proposal within 10 days.

For Duke and anyone else that hasn't been following our progress as closely as they would like, I encourage you to visit our Completed Documents page on the Wiki.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies