Can Blanche Lincoln win? Or is she roadkill? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:20:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can Blanche Lincoln win? Or is she roadkill? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is Blanche Lincoln's total going to be on election night?
Win, 50-55%
Win, 45-49%
Lose, 42-49%
Lose, 35-41%
Lose, 29-34%
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Can Blanche Lincoln win? Or is she roadkill?  (Read 8787 times)
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« on: October 02, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »

Takes a lost cause to no one, eh?

I will be very happy to see the Senate rid of Menendez and Lincoln both, though I appreciated the free beer I got at the Menendez office.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

I will be very happy to see the Senate rid of Menendez and Lincoln both, though I appreciated the free beer I got at the Menendez office.

I can see why a Green, synonomous with "super-liberal" would be happy to get rid of Lincoln, but Menendez?

My generally liberal positions do not necessarily predispose me to support candidates who disagree with me on most things. For example, I am undecided between Boxer and the Green candidate and am a safe Meg Whitman voter.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »

I can see why a Green, synonomous with "super-liberal" would be happy to get rid of Lincoln, but Menendez?

My generally liberal positions do not necessarily predispose me to support candidates who disagree with me on most things. For example, I am undecided between Boxer and the Green candidate and am a safe Meg Whitman voter.

Okay, then what's the problem with Lincoln and Menendez?

Blanche Lincoln is a pro-corporate tool who wavered on the public option yet supported the mandate that didn't contain cost controls whatsoever. What has Blanche Lincoln down to help bring troops home from Afghanistan or Iraq? Oh, right, she voted to send them there! When has she taken a stand on the environment and pushed to move us to a cleaner and more sustainable economy? Never!

Menendez is a union thug and partisan hack who has done much to help his cronies but little to help New Jersey and Americans. He has been happy to go along with the same old failed Bush-Obama policies.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »

What is wrong with Meg Whitman, might I ask?
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »

I don't find her right-wing, she strikes me as a pragmatist, someone who can solve problems. She has created thousands of green jobs and can use this expertise to help California rebound from the poor economic situation. The budget needs fixed too. The legislature Dems need checked, they are too controlled by special interests, particularly the unions or race advocacy groups. Brown also has a pretty poor record as Governor, as Bill Clinton pointed out to us in 1992. I'm also hoping for Lois Capps' district to get eliminated in redistricting.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »

I don't find her right-wing, she strikes me as a pragmatist, someone who can solve problems. She has created thousands of green jobs and can use this expertise to help California rebound from the poor economic situation. The budget needs fixed too. The legislature Dems need checked, they are too controlled by special interests, particularly the unions or race advocacy groups. Brown also has a pretty poor record as Governor, as Bill Clinton pointed out to us in 1992. I'm also hoping for Lois Capps' district to get eliminated in redistricting.

During this recession, Meg Whitman called for 500,000 new H-1B visas a year. It's pretty clear that she hates American workers.

Something I disagree with, but certainly better than seeing those jobs outsourced too, right?

Whitman will not have much control over immigration policy. Even so, better 500,000 H-1Bs than 20 million farm workers.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »

Poor Blanche. Timing is everything. Had her seat been up 2 years ago she might have won in a walk

If Landrieu did, Lincoln certainly would have. In fact, many thought she'd be untouchable in early 2009.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »

Blanche just 'broke' 39% in the last Ipsos poll.

She must have been really lucky!!

She was indeed.
RainMan05
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

Who let the trolls out?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies