2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Poll
Question: Concerning This TL
Keep going at all costs!!!
It's decent; continue if you wish
Stop now!!!
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration  (Read 34720 times)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »

January 23, 2013: The U.S. Congress passes a wave of tax cuts, much like the Bush Tax Cuts of 2001 and 2003. President Romney signs them into law and calls them a "victory for America's middle class."

Presidential Approval Rating:
Approve - 51.3%
Disapprove - 42.6%

January 26, 2013: The American Economic Recovery Act of 2013 passes the U.S. House. The act ends many programs that the 2009 stimulus started. It also gives tax cuts and grants to small businesses. The cornerstone of the bill is the sharp reduction in spending on social programs such as welfare. It gains all Republican and independent votes, as well as votes from many Blue Dog Democrats who were threatened in 2010 and 2012.

During an interview, former President Obama alludes to his future in the political arena: "At this point, who knows? I might write a book, I might start a PAC of some sort, but right now I'm just taking it on the down-low and reviewing my options. All I can say now is that I wish President Romney all the best."

The former President's approval/disapproval ratings have not improved, sitting at 33/60. Former President Jimmy Carter's are 50/31 and former President George W. Bush's are 43/45. This makes him America's least popular former U.S. President.

February 1, 2013: President Romney's economic bill passes the Senate in a resounding 61-39 vote. President Romney signs it just as unemployment hits 11.7% - its highest point since the 1970s.

Approval - 51.4%
Disapproval - 43.1%

Also, President Romney nominates 5th Circuit Appeals Judge Priscilla Owen (a 2005 appointee from George W. Bush) to replace Justice Kennedy on the bench. She is considered rigidly conservative, and was on President Bush's shortlist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor in 2006.

February 3, 2013: President Romney states that healthcare reform will be his Administration's next top priority. He states that ObamaCare will be repealed and replaced with "common sense reform" such as buying across state lines and private savings accounts. When polled, 55% of Americans would like to repeal ObamaCare, while 37% wish for it to remain in place.

Pleeeeeeease review Smiley
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2011, 11:58:06 AM by feeblepizza »

February 4, 2013: President Romney signs an Executive Order creating a Special Partnership Force (SPF), made up of Army Delta and Navy SEAL resources, to help battle terrorism.

February 16, 2013: The U.S. Senate confirms Priscilla Owen. She resigns later that day and is sworn onto the U.S. Supreme Court on the next day.

February 20, 2013: President Romney outlines his plans for healthcare reform at a speech in home town of Bristol, Massachusetts. He proposes a total repeal of the March 2010 healthcare law, which would be replaced with health savings accounts.

Do You Support the President's Plan for Healthcare Reform?
Yes 53%
No 32%%

February 24, 2013: Iran announces that it intends to starts its first nuclear weapons test at the beginning of March. President Romney immediately calls upon the United Nations to take action against the rogue nation: "Iran is a major threat to America and her allies. We cannot live forever in fear of this rogue dictatorship: instead, we must act to disable it and prevent it from causing anymore harm. Iran's nuclear program must stop now."

February 26, 2013: The United Nations Security Council says that it refuses to take action against Iran due to the incredibly short time frame within which to act. It also urges the United States not to take any military action yet.

State Secretary John Bolton says, "The United Nations is once again standing in the way of our progress in the defense of a nation. I cannot believe this. It is an atrocity."

Others, both in and outside of the Romney Administration, condemn the UNSC decision. Former President George W. Bush calls the UNSC's actions, "purely idiotic." His brother (Florida Senator Jeb Bush) says: "If I were President, this would not be happening." Many think that this a thinly veiled criticism of President Romney, whom he and his father endorsed in the 2012 primaries.

February 29, 2013: President Romney meets with Israel Prime-Minister Benjamin Netenyahu. The two state that neither nation will take military action against Iran unless absolutely necessary.

March 1, 2013: Iran tests it nuclear weapons program and deems it fully operational. President Romney holds a press conference immediately afterward: "Americans are at risk. Our security is at peril. We cannot let the Republic of Iran advance any further. If we do so, then we as a nation may falter. I am begging the United Nations Security Council to give up its cowardly ways, end the madness, and take action against the menace in Iran."

Approve - 59%
Disapprove - 34%

President Romney's passionate opposition to the Iranian government has boosted his approval rating by eight points.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »

Another good update. I'm hoping for a successful Romney Administration.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »

Great update! Go Mitt!
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

I was reading through this and realized that it was an utterly awesome TL, and probably my best (out of the 5 or so I've done - or at least attempted). Do any of you think I should continue it?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »

I was reading through this and realized that it was an utterly awesome TL, and probably my best (out of the 5 or so I've done - or at least attempted). Do any of you think I should continue it?

Yes, even though you hate Mitt Romney.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

Yes, even though you hate Mitt Romney.

Meh, he's what I've got to work with Tongue.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2011, 11:02:08 AM by Buddy Roemer in 2012 »

March 4, 2013: Israel launches a surprise bombing on Iranian nuclear power plants, government facilities, and military bases. This is a direct break of the previous resolution that they would not take action against Iran unless absolutely necessary.

President Romney is caught in a very tricky situation: the United States also promised that they would take no unnecessary action against Iran, but Romney was very pro-Israel during his hard-won 2012 presidential campaign. While the war rages in the Middle-East, President Romney meets with his national security advisers to develop a course of action.

He and his team finally emerge and announce their plan: "Today, Israel made a very risky move and attacked the Islamic Republic of Iran. They did so without permission from their allies, or from the United Nations. They did so in the simply belief that if they did not take action soon, very bad things would occur.

While the United States does not exactly endorse this type of behavior, my national security team and I have come to a unanimous decision: they can't do it all alone. We are going to withdraw our remaining 10,000 American troops from Afghanistan by the end of the month in order to aide the fight against Iran.

Israel is a strong ally. Iran is a rogue dictatorship that must be stopped in its tracks before things get any worse. While we would prefer civil behavior, and while we would like to continue the fight in Afghanistan as laid out in our timeline for withdraw, we must turn to the urgent matter of Iran.

I'd like to ask Americans for their support in the coming months - and, if it takes that long, years. I'll be praying, and I'm asking you to do so as well. Thank you.
"

Do you approve of President Romney?
Yes 71%
No 26%

Do you approve of taking United States military action in Iran?
Yes 66%
No 31%

March 5, 2013: About 3,000 American troops land in Iran to aide the efforts of the Israeli Defense Force (IDF). They search through the rubble of Iranian government buildings and find two very powerful people dead:

Most members of the Iranian Parliament are dead as well. This essentially means that Iran's government is nonexistent. When news of the deaths of Iran's Supreme Leader and President, celebrations hit the streets of Iran. The people are relieved that Ahmadinejad and and Ali Khamenei are dead, and that freedom's reign begins.

However, the Iranian military refuses to surrender. They're bases are damaged (and some are under American or Israeli control) and their government is no longer there. However, they are still attempting to ward of American and IDF forces.

Next post to come tomorrow, probably. Please review Smiley.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2011, 05:46:35 PM »

March 23, 2013: The United States and Israel have gained support from several other nations in the fight against Iran's military in the past three or so weeks: Iraq, Afghanistan, the UK, Australia, Germany, and South Korea have all lent their support. With Coalition forces holding onto a firm upper hand, President Romney and Prime-Minister Netenyahu ask the UN for support in the battle.

March 30, 2013: All American troops have vacated Afghanistan and are now in Afghanistan. Without a single word in response from the UN, Iran's military is overwhelmed, and finally announces a formal surrender.

In a prime-time address, President Romney lays out his plans for the future of postwar Iran: "Starting on the first of April, Coalition forces will be scaled back by half - that means that there will be only 7,500 troops in the entire nation. This way, we can have a small, lean military force that can easily control vital checkpoints throughout the nation.

After the withdraw, we will ask the UN to aide Coalition forces in the establishment of a fully functional democratic government. While 90% of Iranians are Shia Muslims, the people of Iran are indeed tired of the radical Islamic regime that has controlled their nation since for the past thirty years, and more. That fact was evidenced by the celebrations in the streets after the people learned of the deaths of Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

We have learned from past mistakes and are now experiencing progress into the future. Iran has gone from one of the most unforgiving, brutal, theocratic dictatorships in all of history to, with the proper guidance, one of the newest and most able democracies in the modern world. And all of that progress in, if things go according to plan, less than three months.

God bless you, and God bless the principles of freedom and democracy which we must implant in Iran. Thank you all for your support.
"

Do you approve of President Romney's job performance so far?
Yes 70%
No 29%

Do you approve of the plan for progress in Iran as laid out by President Romney?
Yes 59%
No 38%

Liberals across the nation give President Romney's plan mixed reviews:

"I supported the invasion of Iraq in 2003, but I also supported a phased withdraw and reapportionment of troops. I think that President Romney's plan, while by no means perfect, provides for a nice safety net against the event that we have too many troops and too little results, as in 2006." - Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.)

"So we're going to nation-build, aye? Isn't that what got us into the messes with Iraq and Afghanistan? This is what happens when Republicans control the affairs of a nation, alright." - Howard Dean, former Gov. (D-VT) and former DNC Chair

"It's not a perfect strategy, no, but I guess I'm optimistic for it." - Former President Barack Obama

Please revieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Smiley
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »

Is anybody reading this or did I waste my time bringing it back?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »

I'm reading.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix