Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:55:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia  (Read 20899 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »

I'm always happy to see continued support for the Constitutional Convention among respected Atlasians. The effort is nearing completion and hopefully will be in place come November.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »

Reporter from ASD:

Being endorsed by our publication, we would like to ask for your specific plans that could lead Atlasia in a Social Democratic light?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 02:01:37 AM »

Barnes and I share very similar ideas. Strange considering our avatars are opposites.. Tongue

Great minds...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:54 AM »

I can't avoid an impression that AndrewCT is qualified indeed... but not for the office of President. With his activity problem, he'll fit very well the Vice Presidency. Yes, a traditional Atlasian inactive Vice Presidency, where being disengaged won't hurt anything. While Duke, my favorite non-JCP Senator, a man who is all but inactive, is running for a low-key job.

Something is wrong with your match-up, like Dukakis/Bentsen.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »

Fritz, how do you respond to possible news that your Vice Presidential Candidate has been taken ill and may need to drop out of the race?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »

Fritz, how do you respond to possible news that your Vice Presidential Candidate has been taken ill and may need to drop out of the race?

Umm, he is?  When and where did he say this?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 05:10:57 PM »

A friend of a friend of mine has a brother who said this was true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »

Well, Teddy, I thought you were all right but you turned to be a total ass.

I thought when we're speaking on AIM we're speaking as a friends, and you used my words, that I'm frustrated (which I'm not hidding, as you may all noticed) with the direction Atlasia is going, and that resigning from being as involved or involved at all may be a good idea.

And now you used it to make a leak, even before I could even make any decision, which was a true ass move.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »

In all fairness you told me you were as good as gone, and wanted to give you a simple out. I'm sorry that you cannot see that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »

In all fairness you told me you were as good as gone, and wanted to give you a simple out. I'm sorry that you cannot see that.

So I got a lesson to never speak with Teddy again. I considered this strictly private conversation. Looks like I was wrong. What you did was unacceatable. If I decide to resign/drop out, I'll do it myself without your doubious "help".

Now you all see, that troll Teddy is the last person you can tell anything.

And your action only convinced me to stay here, at least to try to prevent a trolls like you from doing any more harm.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »

So I got a lesson to never speak with Teddy again. I considered this strictly private conversation. Looks like I was wrong. What you did was unacceatable. If I decide to resign/drop out, I'll do it myself without your doubious "help".

You have already made up your mind that I am a terrible person and I am not going to waste any time debating this here. If anyone has issue with anything I've done, they can contact me privately.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »

You have already made up your mind that I am a terrible person and I am not going to waste any time debating this here. If anyone has issue with anything I've done, they can contact me privately.

You have betrayed a confidence of a private conversation. There's no excuse for that, Teddy.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »

And your action only convinced me to stay here

I will admit that was my entire intention of posting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »

And your action only convinced me to stay here

I will admit that was my entire intention of posting.

I don't care. There are some principles.

There are a lot of things various Atlasians, both political allies or opponents, ever told me in private on AIM or via PM, and I never shared this, when asked to keep quiet or not asked. Because I assume if I have no clear premission to speak about something someone is telling me in private, this is not right to do so.

Whenever I'd drop out or not, that was up to me to decide and then inform others and you had no right, regardless of intentions, to do it.

I strongly discourage every Atlasian to talk with that double-faced, irresponsible troll.

Now, I said recently some things about other Atlasians, I really don't agree on and don't support, and some of them were an overreaction. But your action, Teddy, showed me, who is the real threat for a game: an untrustworthy trolls like you.

And yes, I'm staying and I'll do everything I can, whether as Vice President or Senator, to fight with trolls like you.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »

Fritz will be away until Sunday.  If you have any questions before then, ask Kalwejt.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »

Sorry, guys, I won't have regular access until tomorrow Sad
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

It seems to me that the largest problem facing Atlasia right now is stagnation.  The game is simply not that interesting any more.  If I may quote the President:

Of course, this is all because those issues have all been "solved" in Atlasia at the present moment. The game's status quo is a social democracy, most of us accept the role of strong regions and we have focused almost exclusively on non-controversial issues or game reform for a while. In the place of real issues, the game has become a test of personalities.

President Purple State has put some admirable effort into game reform, but the results have not reformed the game.  The new constitution, soon to be voted upon, is a simpler, more manageable document to work with, and that was sorely needed.  But it does nothing to inject enthusiasm or excitement into the game.

That is why, as President, NEW MEMBER RECRUITMENT will be the primary goal of my administration.  We have become such a tight-knit community where we all know each other, we know who our friends are and who they aren't, and as Purple State said, our elections have become a test of personalities.  We need new people to breathe new life into the game.  But more importantly, we need greater numbers of voters to make our elections more exciting and fun, both at the federal and regional levels.  I am pleased to see that four new people have registered over the weekend.

When I am elected, I will appoint a Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment, whose task will be to develop, coordinate, and implement strategies for increasing our numbers of registered voters.  All major parties will be represented on the Task Force.

I also believe the Game Moderator needs to play a larger role in creating excitement in the game.  As President, I will work with the GM to accomplish this.

My strengths lie in being an Administrator- I get the job done.  I think this is evident from my work as Registrar General.  My strengths do not lie in writing bills, or platforms.  This is the main reason I retired from the Senate.  Andrew and Duke's platform is well written, I actually agree with portions of it, and I am not going to attempt writing one of my own.  I think that my stance on the issues of the day is pretty clear, and I am happy to answer any specific questions.  In real life I am a strong Obama supporter, and I think that his work on health care was a major achievement.  As was my work on health care in the Atlasian Senate.

Vote for Fritz- he gets the job done.

Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »

Your plan is certainly interesting...

The thing is, I think anytime there's a new member on the site, the parties closest to that person politically are recruiting them. And all of the older members who aren't part of Atlasia know very well about it, but chose not to. Would you be suggesting that we recruit members from other fantasy government boards?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »

Your plan is certainly interesting...

The thing is, I think anytime there's a new member on the site, the parties closest to that person politically are recruiting them. And all of the older members who aren't part of Atlasia know very well about it, but chose not to. Would you be suggesting that we recruit members from other fantasy government boards?

Perhaps...also Facebook, Twitter, etc.  It will be the Task Force who will decide the best ways to accomplish these goals.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

Would you consider expanding, drastically, the role of the Game Master to the point of having multiple Game Masters?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »

Would you consider expanding, drastically, the role of the Game Master to the point of having multiple Game Masters?

Hmmm, multiple Game Masters?  Interesting idea.  Did you mean to say "Game Moderators"?

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on the subject, Teddy...but really, I think we need a larger population before the game can support multiple GM's.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »

The idea is that they would become the driving force of the game, generating multiple news stories each day that the government would need to react to. You'd have multiple people so that no one person can become "too busy" to do it for a particular stretch of a few days, and as well, to provide balance politically so that stories do not become too biased towards one or the other side.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »

The idea is that they would become the driving force of the game, generating multiple news stories each day that the government would need to react to. You'd have multiple people so that no one person can become "too busy" to do it for a particular stretch of a few days, and as well, to provide balance politically so that stories do not become too biased towards one or the other side.
That's one of the most intelligent idea's you've ever had, Teddy. Smiley We'd have to have people committed to it, of course, for it to be a success though.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »

This is a link to my (now dead) old polsim, where you can see it in action:

http://rxr.ridingbyriding.ca/
http://rxr.ridingbyriding.ca/viewforum.php?f=10 News
http://rxr.ridingbyriding.ca/viewforum.php?f=14 Reactions To
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 01:20:08 AM »

It's been tried before and was, IIRC, rather short lived.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies