Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:09:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.  (Read 5063 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

I'm very impressed with Joe Miller.  He's one of my favorite candidates this cycle.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »

Miller is an arrogant prick. We already have enough of them in Washington.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »

HuffPost is phrasing it in a slightly misleading way.  The email from Todd is here:

http://mudflats.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/palinemail.pdf

As GOP12 explains here, Mudflats is a bit confused:

http://www.gop12.com/2010/10/email-todd-palin-hits-joe-miller-over.html

The email says:

That's not a response to Miller refusing to endorse Palin for president on Cavuto's show.  It's a response to Miller refusing to say whether Palin was even qualified to be president on Fox News Sunday.  We know that because the email was sent on the same day that Miller appeared on Fox News Sunday.  From the transcript:

tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »

"Face book"

"Shoe's"

Well, I guess we know who the brains of the operation is.

Also, Palin writes her own Facebook posts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »

Dear Todd -

STFU.  Absolutely no one cares what you think.

Love,

Grumps.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »

Miller must win
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »

lol
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

Ooh, man, I enjoyed that.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »

lmfao....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »

I consider this terrible news, because it indicates the witch helper(woman who helps witches) may run. Sad
xavier110
United States
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »

I consider this terrible news, because it indicates the witch helper(woman who helps witches) may run. Sad

I don't understand this. I know you all think Palin is terrible. And you all seem to agree she's a narcissist. Why wouldn't she run?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »

Again, Todd is mad because Miller refused to comment on whether Sarah was qualified to be president.  Regardless of whether she intends to run or not, they would obviously consider people saying she's not qualified to be an insult.  Thus, I don't see how this is evidence that she's going to run.  There are other pieces of evidence suggesting that she intends to run, but this isn't one of them.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »

she's running, but she wont win the nomination
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

Miller just did an interview on Fox News in which he was asked about this, and he still seems to be dodging the substance of whether he thinks Palin is qualified to be prez, beyond just the minimalist answer that she meets the "constitutional requirement":

http://www.gop12.com/2010/10/joe-miller-palin-is-constitutionally.html

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »

Holy cow!  This guy knows how to needle better than levi!  Do you think Lisa murkowski is watching and thinking this is worth it?  Cannot wait to see the email response.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »

"Face book"

"Shoe's"

Well, I guess we know who the brains of the operation is.

Also, Palin writes her own Facebook posts.

Todd

U are a dumb as's

Learn a proper inglish, u dumb

Thank u
Teh internets
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »

Christine O'Donnell also dodges the question on whether Palin is qualified to be prez in an interview with Jim Acosta from CNN:

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/christine-odonnell-breaks-short-lived-national-media-blackout-21559

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

I hope Palin is learning something from this. That even her own picks aren't down with supporting her. If CHRISTINE O'DONNELL finds reason to dodge the question for some reason or another, indicating she might not be willing to support her, then there is something about Palin that Miller and Christine O'Donnell have picked up on. I am thinking its the same thing that was said at the Values Voters convention. They just don't see her as a serious Presidential contender. If tea party candidates feel the same way, where is Palin going to go to win the nomination?

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 12:24:28 AM »

Joe Miller kills two political dynasties with one campaign, hard not to like him.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »

I hope Palin is learning something from this. That even her own picks aren't down with supporting her. If CHRISTINE O'DONNELL finds reason to dodge the question for some reason or another, indicating she might not be willing to support her, then there is something about Palin that Miller and Christine O'Donnell have picked up on. I am thinking its the same thing that was said at the Values Voters convention. They just don't see her as a serious Presidential contender. If tea party candidates feel the same way, where is Palin going to go to win the nomination?

mmmmm....  I'd have to watch the clip to know what her tone is, but that's not as harsh a dodge as Miller's.  It reads like it begins as an appropriate calling out of the question as unfair and maybe even and attempt to retroactively buffer her from the Miller insult/beginning of a defense of her from this, as Palin might say, full court press.  And then it looks like the reporter cuts her off when she may answer yes and instead changes the subject to Palin's role in O'Donnell's campaign.  And in fact, O'Donnell, who is struggling, does Palin a favor by downplaying Palin's role in her campaign.  And whether it was deliberate or more likely not, she does Palin a favor since O'Donnell saying Palin is qualified to be president is a headline that doesn't particularly help Palin anyway.

Obviously, Palin's questionable credibility as a presidential candidate is something she'd have to change to succeed, or maybe even decide to run.  But, even as someone who doesn't respect or like Palin, it strikes me as pretty doable.  The expectations for her are so low that exceeding those are easier and she could create (with conservative media help) the meme that she's smarter than you think, or better yet for the Tea set and GOP primary voters, smarter than the "lamesteam" media wants you to think.  Of course, it's a fine line from then building those expectations to where it becomes apparent, oh wait, no she's not.  But who knows?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 05:14:17 AM »

Yet another Senate candidate was asked this question.  Carly Fiorina says she thinks that Palin is in fact qualified to be prez:

link
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 05:40:59 AM »

Palin is headlining a rally for Miller tomorrow, so I guess she's not holding too much of a grudge over this (or at least isn't showing it):

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44217.html
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:58:54 AM »

If Miller wasn't prepared to endorse Palin, he should've made that clear to Palin when he accepted Palin's support. Either way, at this point, it's bad for Joe. Either he betrays his main supporter, or he says someone is qualified for the Presidency, when they're one of the least experienced possible candidates out there (Romney: full term; Huck: Like ten years; T-Paw: two full terms; Johnson: two full terms; Daniels: Going on two full terms).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »

If Miller wasn't prepared to endorse Palin, he should've made that clear to Palin when he accepted Palin's support.

Why?  Palin isn't a declared candidate for anything at the moment.  Lots of Senate candidates are receiving endorsements from many different presidential candidates.  For example, I believe Huckabee was the first potential 2012 presidential candidate to endorse Rubio for Senate.  Should Rubio have automatically endorsed Huck for president when he received the endorsement?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies