Either the father or the son, but not both
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:00:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Either the father or the son, but not both
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Either the father or the son, but not both  (Read 427 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »

I speak of course, about Nevada, where Harry and Rory Reid are running simultaneous campaigns for Senator and Governor. I'm curious at who exactly the people are who are voting (H)Reid/Sandoval, or Angle/(R)Reid. Any takers? Since Sandoval is up big in the Governor's race, I'd assume that he will draw a significant portion of the father's support. But I guess my question is whether there will be a number of (R)Reid/Angle voters, and if so, who are these people? If you are voting for the son, then why are you not votig for the father?

Anybody have any ideas on who these people may be?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »

I can understand someone voting for H. Reid and Sandoval, and in fact it's those 2 people who I expect to win. I don't get anyone voting for Angle and R. Reid, however, and I'm sure that such voters are very small in number indeed.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »

A Harry Reid/Sandoval voter is probably fairly common - a Republican who thinks Angle is a weirdo or a Democrat who doesn't want a father-son combo or dislikes Rory Reid for any number of reasons.

An Angle/Rory Reid voter is a rare and bizarre breed though.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »

A weirder thing, methinks, is the large number of people who will evidently be Brown/Patrick voters.  That's fairly bizarre.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »

A weirder thing, methinks, is the large number of people who will evidently be Brown/Patrick voters.  That's fairly bizarre.

Well, Brown is hardly that conservative.  Is Patrick more liberal than Brown is conservative?  Moreover, there were probably a substantial number left-leaning independents who like universal healthcare but voted for Brown because they already have it at the state level and didn't want to pay for national Obamacare. 
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »

Well, Brown is hardly that conservative.  Is Patrick more liberal than Brown is conservative?  Moreover, there were probably a substantial number left-leaning independents who like universal healthcare but voted for Brown because they already have it at the state level and didn't want to pay for national Obamacare. 

Plus turnout is different and Brown is charismatic and a skilled politician, it seems.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »

Is Patrick more liberal than Brown is conservative?

He's relatively moderate for an MA Democrat, but yes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies