PPP: Lieberman in third in hypothetical race v. Murphy and either Rell or Schiff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:07:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP: Lieberman in third in hypothetical race v. Murphy and either Rell or Schiff
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Lieberman in third in hypothetical race v. Murphy and either Rell or Schiff  (Read 1657 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/10/connecticut-down-on-lieberman.html

Chris Murphy (D): 37%
Jodi Rell (R): 29%
Joe Lieberman (ID): 17%

Chris Murphy (D): 39%
Peter Schiff (R): 25%
Joe Lieberman (ID): 19%

Good.  Anyone but Lieberman.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »

Joe is done.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »

Can we reschedule this election for Nov. 2nd 2010 plz?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »

Bah, don't worry.  He's cooked.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »

Bah, don't worry.  He's cooked.

I know but I want him out as soon as possible... espcially since he may officially switch sides after this election.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/10/connecticut-down-on-lieberman.html

Chris Murphy (D): 37%
Jodi Rell (R): 29%
Joe Lieberman (ID): 17%

Chris Murphy (D): 39%
Peter Schiff (R): 25%
Joe Lieberman (ID): 19%

Good.  Anyone but Lieberman.

So you can have a hardcore Democrat instead?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »

Can't wait! I just hope he doesn't decide to not run again, spoiling the fun of seeing him lose pathetically for everyone.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »

If Osama bin Laden were the only candidate running against Lieberman, and I were living in CT, I would vote for him.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »

And in the most likely scenario of "Known Statewide Democrat who hasn't lost his most recent Congressional run" vs. Lieberman vs. "Some underfunded Republican nobody has heard of"?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »

And in the most likely scenario of "Known Statewide Democrat who hasn't lost his most recent Congressional run" vs. Lieberman vs. "Some underfunded Republican nobody has heard of"?

You don't think Rell will go for it in 2012?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

If Osama bin Laden were the only candidate running against Lieberman, and I were living in CT, I would vote for him.
I just lost a lot of respect for you, given that you would support a terrorist who was responsible for one of the worst events on American soil over a crooked politician.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

If Lieberman switches to caucus with Republicans, Republicans will run a placeholder nobody - or endorse Lieberman.  Even if Lieberman doesn't switch, CT Republicans are better off with Lieberman in office than a so-called "progressive" Democrat - so they still might run a placeholder nobody.

If Lieberman retires, Rell might run.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »

I just lost a lot of respect for you, given that you would support a terrorist who was responsible for one of the worst events on American soil over a crooked politician.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »

If Lieberman switches to caucus with Republicans, Republicans will run a placeholder nobody - or endorse Lieberman.  Even if Lieberman doesn't switch, CT Republicans are better off with Lieberman in office than a so-called "progressive" Democrat - so they still might run a placeholder nobody.

Rell couldn't win the primary.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »

You do realize that putting progressive in quotes and putting "so-called" before it every time you use the word just makes you look like a douchebag, right?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »

You think a party-switching Lieberman can get past the Tea Partiers in the primary?  He was #60 for Obamacare after all.  We all know how well that goes over in the Tea Party. 
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2010, 04:01:35 PM by cinyc »

You think a party-switching Lieberman can get past the Tea Partiers in the primary?  He was #60 for Obamacare after all.  We all know how well that goes over in the Tea Party.  

There's a tea party in Connecticut that can actually influence Republican primaries?  And even assuming there is, the Tea Party will be as active in 2012 as it is in 2010?  That's news to me.  
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2010, 04:07:46 PM by Skill and Chance »

I actually think Lieberman would be worse off in a two way race.

Strong Progressive (D) vs. Token Candidate (R) vs. Lieberman (i) = lean D
Lieberman (R) vs. Strong Progressive (D) = likely D (especially if Lieberman is #51 for the GOP)
Rell or Simmons (R) vs. Strong Progressive (D) = lean R

The GOP's best chance is if Lieberman retires and they nominate a moderate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »

You think a party-switching Lieberman can get past the Tea Partiers in the primary?  He was #60 for Obamacare after all.  We all know how well that goes over in the Tea Party.  

There's a tea party in Connecticut that can actually influence Republican primaries?  And even assuming there is, the Tea Party will be as active in 2012 as it is in 2010?  That's news to me.  

Did anyone think there was a Tea Party in Delaware that could actually influence their Senate primary this year?

Who knows if the Tea Party will be as active in 2012 as it is now? Let's not say or imply one way or the other two years in advance.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »

My hunch for more than two years now has been that Lieberman isn't going to run again anyway.  His enthusiastic endorsement of McCain in 2008 and RNC convention speech killed any chance he had of getting the Dem. nomination, and it's unlikely he would be able to make an Indy bid work again.

I think he'll just retire from the Senate, and hope that some future GOP president makes him a Middle East envoy or something.
Semaphore
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 06:17:40 PM »

Joe Lieberman will probably run again anyway. Even if his chances of winning re-election are slim, the man still has an incredible ego, much like most of his fellow politicians. I hope that he goes away for good this time, but don't count on him retiring instead of running again.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »

Which party would Lieberman run on? It turned out that he was a CFLINO (Connecticut For Lieberman in Name only), so they won't be nominating him again.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 03:29:13 AM »

Which party would Lieberman run on? It turned out that he was a CFLINO (Connecticut For Lieberman in Name only), so they won't be nominating him again.

I think he only formed it because it was too late for him to declare as an independent. Given more forewarning, he could run as an independent in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies