WI: We The People/WI State Journal: Johnson 49% Feingold 41%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: We The People/WI State Journal: Johnson 49% Feingold 41%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: We The People/WI State Journal: Johnson 49% Feingold 41%  (Read 1196 times)
mypalfish
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »

Johnson 49%
Feingold 41%

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_7fd40386-d26e-11df-93af-001cc4c002e0.html
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »

Well, put a fork in Feingold.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »

You make this proclamation in reaction to a little-known pollster whose name sounds like it's some sort of Republican firm showing a lead comparable to what a half-dozen other pollsters have already shown?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:51:48 AM »

You make this proclamation in reaction to a little-known pollster whose name sounds like it's some sort of Republican firm showing a lead comparable to what a half-dozen other pollsters have already shown?

Just saying. Feingold hasn't been in the lead since August.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:31:48 AM »

Just saying. Feingold hasn't been in the lead since August.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that Feingold will most likely lose. I'm just saying this a rather arbitrary time to make that declaration.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:25:27 AM »

I'm not saying Feingold will win (though if he doesn't Wisconsin will become the biggest FAIL state), but don't count him out.  I know 1998 was a much more Democratic year, but it is significant that he was trailing by as much as 20% in some polls (regardless of the amount, everyone considered him a goner), but ended up winning by about 2%.  Beyond which, Democrats always underpoll in Wisconsin (the reason I also think Tom Barrett shouldn't be counted out). 
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »

I'm not saying Feingold will win (though if he doesn't Wisconsin will become the biggest FAIL state), but don't count him out.  I know 1998 was a much more Democratic year, but it is significant that he was trailing by as much as 20% in some polls (regardless of the amount, everyone considered him a goner), but ended up winning by about 2%.  Beyond which, Democrats always underpoll in Wisconsin (the reason I also think Tom Barrett shouldn't be counted out). 

The environment for Dems in WI is truly toxic this cycle.  Control in the State Assembly and State Senate is likely to switch to the GOP as well as both Feingold and Barrett being in trouble.  Also, back in 98, Feingold was seen as a much more likable "maverick" than he is now.  His votes for the stimulus and Obamacare are a noose around his neck.  People know he's a reliable vote for the Dems when they really need it and that's not what they're looking for this year.  Could he come back to win?  Sure, if Johnson botches the debate tonight or makes some huge gaffe.  But, so far, he's run close to a perfect campaign.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »

The environment for Dems in WI is truly toxic this cycle.  Control in the State Assembly and State Senate is likely to switch to the GOP as well as both Feingold and Barrett being in trouble.  Also, back in 98, Feingold was seen as a much more likable "maverick" than he is now.  His votes for the stimulus and Obamacare are a noose around his neck.  People know he's a reliable vote for the Dems when they really need it and that's not what they're looking for this year.  Could he come back to win?  Sure, if Johnson botches the debate tonight or makes some huge gaffe.  But, so far, he's run close to a perfect campaign.

I'm not saying Feingold and Barrett will win, I'm just saying those races aren't over. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »

Should this be added to the database ?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »

Why shouldn't it?  The Wisconsin State Journal, which commissioned the poll, is Madison's newspaper.  The pollster may be little-known, but it's not an internal.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:39 PM »

Here's something to give the Democrats hope (albeit probably false):

https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2004/polls.php?fips=55
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »

LOL @ poll giving Nader 10%.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2010, 09:00:31 PM by The Vorlon »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length