NJ-03: Adler had knowledge of his campaigns' recruitment of a spoiler candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-03: Adler had knowledge of his campaigns' recruitment of a spoiler candidate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ-03: Adler had knowledge of his campaigns' recruitment of a spoiler candidate  (Read 2412 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »

In yesterday's Courier Post: We now have confirmation that Rep. Adler's campaign was directly responsible for the recruitment of a Tea Party candidate with the sole purpose of costing his GOP opponent votes.

Sloppy, sloppy work John. With two polls showing this to be a two-to-three point race, I think this may be enough to sink the incumbent:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20101007/NEWS01/101007081/Democrats-Adler-campaign-backed-Tea-Party-candidate
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »

faceplant.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »

This is horrible.  Hopefully, the election results in NJ-3 will be another step away from corruption for the great state of New Jersey!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »

Full article here:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20101008/NEWS01/10080330/Dems-picked-spoiler-candidate

In an attempt to cause MAS confusion at the polls, a certain someone signed the tea party candidate's petition - which the newspaper claims partially caused this whole thing to unravel.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »

Full article here:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20101008/NEWS01/10080330/Dems-picked-spoiler-candidate

In an attempt to cause MAS confusion at the polls, a certain someone signed the tea party candidate's petition - which the newspaper claims partially caused this whole thing to unravel.

Hahahahahahaha. That's the best part of all this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »

Full article here:

Oh wow.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »

Full article here:

Oh wow.

Wait, you don't mean . . .

Wow.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 05:35:42 PM »

Runyan needs to spin this hard. I really think he can win this now.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »

He was one of the dumber people to post here, and yet due to a miracle his candidate will probably win and he could find himself with a cozy job in DC. Isn't life wonderful? Smiley
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »

what?  i don't understand what is going on...who signed it?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 05:44:13 PM »

He was one of the dumber people to post here, and yet due to a miracle his candidate will probably win and he could find himself with a cozy job in DC. Isn't life wonderful? Smiley

Just for the record, this will hurt his candidate in this race. Unless you're talking about his other candidate who will win thanks to a miracle.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »

How do some of these newer posters know who MAS117 was?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »

How do some of these newer posters know who MAS117 was?

His name came up before, when this story initially broke a few months ago without a direct tie to the Adler campaign.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Just for the record, this will hurt his candidate in this race. Unless you're talking about his other candidate who will win thanks to a miracle.

The other one, of course.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »

The article says he's working for Coons. Who will win. It's Adler who's screwed here -- he'd probably have won had he not done this stupid garbage. (Not that he's lost yet, of course.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »

The article says he's working for Coons. Who will win. It's Adler who's screwed here -- he'd probably have won had he not done this stupid garbage. (Not that he's lost yet, of course.)

That was my point. I wasn't sure if bgwah knew he worked for Coons though.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

Wouldn't it be ironic if O'Donnell makes an issue out of it, at least to assist in fundraising from Tea Party members?  My opponent hires dirty tricksters who put fake Tea Party candidates on the ballot to hurt Republicans.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 03:31:04 AM »

That was my point. I wasn't sure if bgwah knew he worked for Coons though.
Oh. On reading your comment I thought you were making a funny, and were talking of the tea partier.

Wouldn't it be ironic if O'Donnell makes an issue out of it, at least to assist in fundraising from Tea Party members?  My opponent hires dirty tricksters who put fake Tea Party candidates on the ballot to hurt Republicans.
Wouldn't that provoke awkward questions about how she herself got on the Republican primary ballot? Tongue
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »

I said it before. Adler is corrupt to the bone... wolf in sheep's clothing.

I guess I need to spread the word. Wink
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »

I said it before. Adler is corrupt to the bone... wolf in sheep's clothing.

Setting up a fake third party candidacy is a dirty trick... we've seen it done with Greens all the time, and a Dem rep in Minnesota tried to do it in 2002... but "corrupt to the bone"?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »

This is not the only thing. The whole moderate Dem ploy is a big thing of his.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »

This is not the only thing. The whole moderate Dem ploy is a big thing of his.

What sort of corruption has he done?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »

Trickery... hence the 'wolf in sheep's clothing' line.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:36 AM »

Trickery... hence the 'wolf in sheep's clothing' line.

Well, that makes him a garden variety effective politician in my mind, not actually corrupt. Corrupt politicians are Don Young, Duke Cunningham, or Charlie Rangel, people who sell legislative favors for their own advantage, who flout the law, or who write legislation based solely on what the highest bidder wants.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »

Funny you mention that...

http://www.teamchristine2010.com/forum/topics/can-someone-get-this-to-the
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies