Anyone planning on voting tactically, not for favorite candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:24:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Anyone planning on voting tactically, not for favorite candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone planning on voting tactically, not for favorite candidate?  (Read 747 times)
rob in cal
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

There are a few Governor and US Senate elections in which there are three main candidates (polling in double figures) in states as diverse as Maine, Florida, Minnesota, Colorado, Alaska, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.  I'm wondering if people on this board are grappling with the issue of whether to vote for their favorite candidate, or the one most likely to defeat their least favored candidate.  In UK elections this happens all the time, as three way election battles between Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems is the rule.
    Personally, I'm probably closer to the Libertarian candidate for US senate in California than to either Boxer or Fiorina, but will most likely vote for Fiorina as she is within striking distance of victory (though I'm not expecting her to win).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies