The kind of people we are dealing with (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The kind of people we are dealing with (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The kind of people we are dealing with  (Read 6187 times)
Mikem
Rookie

« on: November 11, 2004, 01:52:57 PM »
« edited: November 11, 2004, 02:05:19 PM by Mikem »

Extreme, how about voting not to ban partial-birth.  That is pretty extreme in my book.

The entire concept that someone looses income and it is the presidents fault is absolutely absurd and flawed.  No president has ever got me hired or fired, nor have they gotten me a pay raise or cut.  All those things happened either because of my actions or market forces.  To really believe that someone's income drops $20k and that it was the presidents fault, well that must be a very "special" person to believe such nonsense.  On the other hand, that was what the entire Kerry campaign was pretty much based on, so I guess there are a lot of special people out there.  If you believe that the president controls your employment, 1) you are just looking for a cop out, and way to not blame yourself for lack of marketable skills, or 2) you have absolutely no understanding of the forces at play on the market.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies