TPTTAA Poll - Would you support a united Conservative party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:28:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA Poll - Would you support a united Conservative party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support a merged Conservative party?
I am in the RPP, and Yes

I am in the RPP, and No

I am in the POP, and Yes

I am in the POP, and No

I am in neither party listed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: TPTTAA Poll - Would you support a united Conservative party?  (Read 1154 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:32 AM »
« edited: October 10, 2010, 05:35:01 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

My Proposal:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/User_talk:Nickjbor
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:08:58 AM »

In what sense? If such a party existed I would wholeheartedly support it, but I would be strongly opposed to the RPP & POP merging. IRV & STV mean that the division has no real electoral effect & this division is the main thing (as slight as it may be) that is currently saving Atlasia from duopolistic hell.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »

In what sense? If such a party existed I would wholeheartedly support it, but I would be strongly opposed to the RPP & POP merging. IRV & STV mean that the division has no real electoral effect & this division is the main thing (as slight as it may be) that is currently saving Atlasia from duopolistic hell.

IRV/STV regardless, I think a united party would allow conservatives to take control of Atlasia for the first time since it's creation, and to start to implement changes that have never been thought of before and thus, get the game moving once more.

I don't know if the parties should "merge" per se, but if we cannot get the support of the clear majority from both parties, creating a new party will only serve to divide us, not unite us. If you understand what I'm saying.
Also, I've edited the first post to include my basic proposal.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 05:32:59 AM »

IRV/STV regardless, I think a united party would allow conservatives to take control of Atlasia for the first time since it's creation, and to start to implement changes that have never been thought of before and thus, get the game moving once more.

I don't know if the parties should "merge" per se, but if we cannot get the support of the clear majority from both parties, creating a new party will only serve to divide us, not unite us. If you understand what I'm saying.

One capital idea to get Atlasia moving would be to contest every Senatorial & Gubernatorial race. The RPP once attempted that, but it was ultimately derailed for reasons that I do not recall.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »

If the Regional Protection Party still adhered to regionalism rather than conservatism, I would be willing to join again. Otherwise, it would be an unsustainable "Opposition" Party
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »

Logo proposal:

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 02:57:39 PM by Assemblyman Barnes »

Eh, not really, and I don't mean that form a political standpoint.

I just think that the more parties the better. Grin And besides, our electoral system doesn't really hurt any party.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »

As a political moderate, I would support a radical restructuring that involved the merging of the conservative elements amongst the Populares and Regional Protection Party while the moderates of those two parties and the JCP formed a third party.  In practice, keep it as is.  Three parties are more interesting as two and neither party is hurt by the existence of a second conservative party so long as they agree to always second preference the other party's candidate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

No
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 03:02:58 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 03:05:01 PM by Darth PiT, Imperial Speaker »

As a political moderate, I would support a radical restructuring that involved the merging of the conservative elements amongst the Populares and Regional Protection Party while the moderates of those two parties and the JCP formed a third party.  In practice, keep it as is.  Three parties are more interesting as two and neither party is hurt by the existence of a second conservative party so long as they agree to always second preference the other party's candidate.

Though liberal vs. moderate vs. conservative is a pretty thoroughly tried breakdown that has consistently led to really boring elections, since the liberals & conservatives will both clearly prefer the moderates to each other & a moderate declaring for any office usually managed to avoid having any opponents. One party breakdown that could be very interesting would be liberals vs. populists vs. conservatives vs. libertarians.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »

Though liberal vs. moderate vs. conservative is a pretty thoroughly tried breakdown that has consistently led to really boring elections, since the liberals & conservatives will both clearly prefer the moderates to each other & a moderate declaring for any office usually managed to avoid having any opponents. One party breakdown that could be very interesting would be liberals vs. populists vs. conservatives vs. libertarians.

The problem is we only have a handful of social cons that would want to run for office.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »

The problem is we only have a handful of social cons that would want to run for office.

Yeah, that's the issue. There isn't really enough populists to sustain a remotely competitive party on their own.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »

Nope, the new party would lose members from both the former ones.

1+1 is unfortunately < 2...

Real France is exactly facing this for some years now !

Let's have electoral alliances if need be and it's fine like that.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »

If the Regional Protection Party still adhered to regionalism rather than conservatism, I would be willing to join again. Otherwise, it would be an unsustainable "Opposition" Party

What does this mean?

I think that your misinterpretation of the party is significantly due to the reason that you have not been in it since late 2009 and thus you missed what I and others have done since then. I have betrayed nothing of what this party was initially formed for. One of those who wanted us to abandon Regions and become a Euro-style conservative party is actually the founder of your current party. Tongue

This idea is not a very wise one in my opinion. Atleast at this time.  The strength of the Right is best preserved under the current setup. A united party would lose about 1/3 of the RPP's current members would a unified party occur tomorrow.

Essentially what my French friend, BBF said.

There is nothing about the current setup that is preventing us from winning. These election results prove that. In fact I think it maximizes them more then a united party would.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »

What does this mean?

I think that your misinterpretation of the party is significantly due to the reason that you have not been in it since late 2009 and thus you missed what I and others have done since then. I have betrayed nothing of what this party was initially formed for. One of those who wanted us to abandon Regions and become a Euro-style conservative party is actually the founder of your current party. Tongue
Yes, but that founder has been banned, and the overwhelming majority of the Populares favors political libertarianism. The last time I recall the Regional Protection Party actually doing something to directly promote regions' rights was when the Dirty South passed the Currency bill. The party was initially founded for the abolition of at-large senate seats and the regional assumption of powers currently held by the feds. Aside from the development of regional assemblies, there hasn't been much progress toward that goal.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »

There does not seem to be enough of a consensus towards this goal, therefore TPTTAA is closing this poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies