Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:54:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT)  (Read 4637 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 09, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

tb75 should be colored darkkhaki!!!

unless there has been some change that I missed he is an RPPer and has been since February. Don't be hatin, Vepres. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »

I'll be pretty p*ssed if my vote is thrown out because of a rule that was never properly displayed where it should have been.

My opinion is that if you're not going to properly display a rule, you shouldn't punish people because they didn't follow it.
You have to be registered a week in advance to vote in the election, if I remember correctly. If anything, I know for a fact you have to be registered before the vote begins. It's an excellent rule we have in place.

Yes, though many people have told me of the one week rule (since I voted), my case is that it was not properly displayed where it should have been and thus I should not be punished for not following it.

And yes, I was registered before I voted.

But furthermore, you shouldn't have to "remember" it Tmthforu94, it should be printed there along with all the other rules.

You have a responsibility to know what the law is, though.

If Teddy expects me to follow that law, the least he can do is list it where it should be.

You're reasoning doesn't make sense. If it had been posted, would you have registered earlier? I doubt it.

My opinion is that if you're not going to make a reasonable effort to inform people of the law, then you have forfeited the right to rigorously enforce the law.

There is no case here whatsoever. Reaganfan was also thrown out from Vepres' votes. Mine was thrown out back in December 2008. There is no reason to get all upset over it. It happens, my suggestion would be to move on otherwise you might make a lot of bad first impressions over this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=95897.msg1993242#msg1993242

Under the headline "Registration"

Underneath Marokai Blue's example in bold the seventh day rule can be found.

The Introduction to Atlasia thread is intended for newbies to read through to get a better understanding of Altasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »

How much pressure were you under before you finally buckled, Duke?

This is going to far. You are insinuating that I pressure and arm twist people to vote a certain way. I strongly encourage them to vote a certain way, but I never threaten or force people to do so. At most I will let them know the possible implications of their vote from others but I always let them make the decision. I insist you cease slandering with these libelous bs against my party, immediately. Your poor attitude is detracting from the game.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »

No, the only thing I'm insinuating about you, Yankee, is that you're a juvenile and downright erratic and unpredictable party leader. Oversensitive and entirely untrustworthy. Someone who actually changes his mind about endorsing a candidate, in this case Barnes, because I hurt your precious feelings, doesn't exactly have the moral high-ground to play around with "how dareth thou"s.

1) I never was supporting Barnes. That was 1) entirely strategic and hypothethical to get you to realize just how stupid you were being before.

2). My party always comes first, I am the most loyal and effective chairman the RPP has ever had. My proof is that it still f**king exists. Who did that, Duke and I. He is my most trusted confident and ally. I would not have been able to get anywhere without him. Nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes but I have taken every measure to turn the RPP around while cleaning up the sh**t that had plagued it for years. The problem here is not a problem in the RPP but a problem with you loving confrontationalism. You loved it when Hamilton was here because you had someone to beat up on. If you can't have someone to destroy you will invent it. I trust Duke, if he has a problem or anything wrong, he will come to me and I would help him. If that hasn't occured here then we need to talk about a few things. I think my swift reaction to you attacking Duke, proves both my loyalty and my effectiveness as a party chair.

Could you have saved the RPP from where it was, would you have even bothered.

Now, I will say this. If you attack someone and say something that ain't true like you have here, oftentime it is an attempt ot deflect from those flaws existing in the attacker. You should know that mroe then anyone. So now woh is the juvenile here. I grew up a long time ago, my friend. Its your turn.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

I have had you on ignore for several days and now I am just sick of your childish crap for today, so I am going to do a disservice to my party by not clicking the show botton. I realize you can take the time to say some nasty crap abotu my people, but its a risk I have to take to avoid this going any further.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »

Why am I always at the middle of some kind of controversy? Tongue Wink

Because of where you are. Tongue

Portrait of Roy Barnes is ready for mailing as congratualory gift. Wink

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies