Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT)  (Read 4645 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »

Just to give people an idea, since Fezzy's vote, which was the last vote in the updated count Vepres made, the first preferencing has gone like this:

Vepres - 3
Barnes - 1
Wormguy - 2

That would put the above numbers in Round 2 at:
Barnes: 29
Vepres: 19
Wormguy: 13

Tmthforu94 Research and Communications is stating that this race is too close to call, and that the winner will be decided by how the final day of voting goes.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »

The election is still going, so yeah.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »

I'll be pretty p*ssed if my vote is thrown out because of a rule that was never properly displayed where it should have been.

My opinion is that if you're not going to properly display a rule, you shouldn't punish people because they didn't follow it.
You have to be registered a week in advance to vote in the election, if I remember correctly. If anything, I know for a fact you have to be registered before the vote begins. It's an excellent rule we have in place.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »

Well look at that Social Democratic status-quo landslide. Atlasia sure is overran with 'em.

You know as well as I that the closeness of this race is a big surprise. I honestly thought I'd be a sacrificial lamb. I guess I'm just that awesome Tongue

My message is resonating! People are finally realizing that the social democracy status quo is not working! Change is coming! [/self promotion]

Its not a surprise to me.  It was pretty obvious to anyone tht this would be just what would happen.

Not really. Everybody on the RPP forums was predicting a landslide.

Well apparently the RPP just doesn't believe in you.  No one else was predicting that.

We thought anybody would lose, not just me individually.

Of course, the Atlasian right is very demoralized and pessimistic about things...
Correct. Barnes got started extremely early, and seemed to have a lot of momentum. Both Wormguy and Vepres got in the race, and didn't have the time to campaign and release a quality platform like Barnes did. I think I can speak for the entire RPP that while we didn't think this would be a landslide, we didn't expect to be this close to victory either.

Regardless of what happens, at least both sides ran good candidates, so we won't have to worry about someone crappy getting in there. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies