Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:31:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT)  (Read 4621 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: October 09, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »

The left has no real bench, & must hit 50% or come close to it to win. Imagine Barnes as UMP, Vepres as PS, & wormyguy as PCF & this could be a French election. Nevermind that the parties don't make sense for the candidates at all.

Yeah, I was about to say. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »

Well look at that Social Democratic status-quo landslide. Atlasia sure is overran with 'em.

You know as well as I that the closeness of this race is a big surprise. I honestly thought I'd be a sacrificial lamb. I guess I'm just that awesome Tongue

My message is resonating! People are finally realizing that the social democracy status quo is not working! Change is coming! [/self promotion]

Its not a surprise to me.  It was pretty obvious to anyone tht this would be just what would happen.

Not really. Everybody on the RPP forums was predicting a landslide.

Well apparently the RPP just doesn't believe in you.  No one else was predicting that.

We thought anybody would lose, not just me individually.

Of course, the Atlasian right is very demoralized and pessimistic about things...
Correct. Barnes got started extremely early, and seemed to have a lot of momentum. Both Wormguy and Vepres got in the race, and didn't have the time to campaign and release a quality platform like Barnes did. I think I can speak for the entire RPP that while we didn't think this would be a landslide, we didn't expect to be this close to victory either.

Regardless of what happens, at least both sides ran good candidates, so we won't have to worry about someone crappy getting in there. Wink

Yeah, "landslide" was probably excessive hyperbole Tongue

We did expect Barnes to win comfortably though.

Well, perhaps a year ago I would have. But the Atlasian right has grown very much since then and seems perfectly comfortable referencing both you and wormyguy.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »

Can you make a quick edit and put Lief in? He voted right after you updated. Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »

Can you make a quick edit and put Lief in? He voted right after you updated. Grin

Sigh, fine

Well, you certainly deserve your accolades for putting together this vote tracker in the first place! Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »

Why am I always at the middle of some kind of controversy? Tongue Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 09:23:48 PM »

Why am I always at the middle of some kind of controversy? Tongue Wink

Because of where you are. Tongue

Portrait of Roy Barnes is ready for mailing as congratualory gift. Wink

Why thank you! But you can wait until January when they have to paint another one for his second term. Wink

Note: I do realize that will most likely not happen
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies