Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Special Election Tracker (as of Sunday, 10:25 PM EDT)  (Read 4628 times)
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.77, S: -4.52

« on: October 10, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »

I believe my vote should be on there, under the Roy Barnes 2010 category.

This race is a lot closer than I expected.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 01:10:19 PM by albaleman »

From the rules Teddy posted:

"You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 15 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election."

Those are the rules, and there is nothing about 7 days in them. Thus, I am an eligible voter. I have 478 posts, and was a registered voter when I cast my ballot.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:45:18 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 01:50:51 PM by albaleman »

I'll be pretty p*ssed if my vote is thrown out because of a rule that was never properly displayed where it should have been.

My opinion is that if you're not going to properly display a rule, you shouldn't punish people because they didn't follow it.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 02:02:53 PM by albaleman »

I'll be pretty p*ssed if my vote is thrown out because of a rule that was never properly displayed where it should have been.

My opinion is that if you're not going to properly display a rule, you shouldn't punish people because they didn't follow it.
You have to be registered a week in advance to vote in the election, if I remember correctly. If anything, I know for a fact you have to be registered before the vote begins. It's an excellent rule we have in place.

Yes, though many people have told me of the one week rule (since I voted), my case is that it was not properly displayed where it should have been and thus I should not be punished for not following it.

And yes, I was registered before I voted.

But furthermore, you shouldn't have to "remember" it Tmthforu94, it should be printed there along with all the other rules.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2010, 05:12:20 PM by albaleman »

You have to be registered a week in advance to vote in the election, if I remember correctly. If anything, I know for a fact you have to be registered before the vote begins. It's an excellent rule we have in place.

Yes, though many people have told me of the one week rule (since I voted), my case is that it was not properly displayed where it should have been and thus I should not be punished for not following it.

But furthermore, you shouldn't have to "remember" it Tmthforu94, it should be printed there along with all the other rules.

You have a responsibility to know what the law is, though.

If Teddy expects me to follow that law, the least he can do is list it where it should be.

It's like not putting up a speed limit sign and then ticketing somebody for going over the speed limit.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 05:19:58 PM »

You have a responsibility to know what the law is, though.

If Teddy expects me to follow that law, the least he can do is list it where it should be.

You're reasoning doesn't make sense. If it had been posted, would you have registered earlier? I doubt it.

My opinion is that if you're not going to make a reasonable effort to inform people of the law, then you have forfeited the right to rigorously enforce the law.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »

This:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Tenth_Amendment_to_the_Second_Constitution
Is actually pretty clear.

You must be registered ten days before the election. Since Special Elections are to be held "Within" ten days, that means anyone not registered at the time of Badger's resignation is ineligible to vote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Twenty_sixth_Amendment_to_the_Second_Constitution It has been updated by this, which does confirm the 7 days thing.

And yes, I will be adding this information to the Guidebook.

OK.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies