Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 04:16:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games
| | |-+  Town Hall (Moderator: Sibboleth)
| | | |-+  Another Resurrection!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another Resurrection!  (Read 1192 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:10:53 pm »

I do like this idea and the fictional city we created is a decent one. This is a game with a degree of potential.
So. Why doesn't this ever get far off the ground? My guess is that it's the elections element; everything else works fine, but as soon as that has loomed, things have always drifted and died.

So the logical solution is to greatly reduce that. Which I will do as I go over the rules and change them. I'll also go over the background and maybe add some things, maybe smooth some others into the setup better. I will also create a lot more NPCs in detail; many based on real people.

Anyway. Participation is always welcome. Smiley

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Frink
Lafayette53
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:35:43 pm »
Ignore

I had a similar idea  once so.. I would love to help with this in any way I could (which, as an American, isn't going to be as much background as implementation). If you want to brainstorm anything or just need an active player just shoot me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:19:48 am by Foster »Logged

"Free speech is not to be regulated like diseased cattle and impure butter. The audience that hissed yesterday may applaud today, even for the same performance." - William O. Douglas
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:35:38 am »

Yeah, I'll do that. The more people interested, the better.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:17:15 pm »
Ignore

I'd be interested in doing this (I was a players briefly the last time this was around.) Wink

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »
Ignore

I never did finish signing up, did I? Oops.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 03:23:01 am »
Ignore

You're right - everything was good about the city we put together. As for the elections... I kept meaning to make a speech to a local chamber of commerce about how the Conservatives knew the pressures of small business, etc. Problem was, it was always going to take a half hour or so to come up with the speech and I kept putting it off. So on my part, it was just a bit of laziness.
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »
Ignore

I'm in.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 09:39:23 am »

Nice to see a decent level of interest Smiley

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 10:11:48 am »
Ignore

I'm keen given my Atlasis days are over. You kept the rules as simple as you could; all it needs is momentum.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:37 pm »

...and this game is officially active again. Some characters have been modified for various reasons, though mostly backstage Smiley

Only a couple are absolute bastards, by the way. The problem your characters may find is working out which ones are.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout