ME-01/PTP-Maine Center for Public Opinion: Pingree (D) ahead by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:19:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  ME-01/PTP-Maine Center for Public Opinion: Pingree (D) ahead by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-01/PTP-Maine Center for Public Opinion: Pingree (D) ahead by 8  (Read 687 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:42:52 AM »

46% Chellie Pingree (D)
38% Dean Scontras (R)
16% Undecided

The poll was conducted by the Maine Center for Public Opinion, a Portland-based firm. The sample size was 346 in the 1st Congressional District and 679 statewide, with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.76 percent, according to the Pine Tree Politics. The poll used human callers and took place over four days, from Oct. 4-7.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/new-statewide-poll-shows-tighter-races_2010-10-09.html
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 07:33:16 AM »

Looks like a Republican-sponspored poll:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »

Maine polling has been all over the place.  You see a poll like this with Pingree and Michaud only ahead by single digits, then two weeks later you see them ahead by double digits, then two weeks later, back to this again.

I have a hard time imagining that Pingree will lose, although ME-01 did go Republican in 1994, so I suppose it's possible.  Michaud, on the other hand, I think is far more vulnerable and while I still would put my money on him to win, I wouldn't be surprised if Levesque ended up defeating him on election night.

Could you imagine though if both Pingree and Michaud lost and LePage got elected governor?  You'd have the entire Maine congressional delegation Republican along with the governor's seat.  That would be quite a strange site to see.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies