John McCain/Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:15:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  John McCain/Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain/Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 2008  (Read 1331 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »

Let's say Clinton is angry enough after the Democrats' ugly nomination battle that she agrees to become McCain's running mate.  What do you think the results would be?

My guess:

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »

Let's say Clinton is angry enough after the Democrats' ugly nomination battle that she agrees to become McCain's running mate.  What do you think the results would be?

My guess:

I agree with your map, except I think Delaware would vote Democratic (it would be close, though).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »

You think that many Democrats would break with Obama to vote for McCain just because of Hillary?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2010, 05:18:56 PM by wormyguy »

You think that many Democrats would break with Obama to vote for McCain just because of Hillary?

Yes.

A lot of Hillary voters initially changed their mind because of McCain's female running mate.  If Hillary herself was on McCain's ticket, it would have been a blowout.  Especially since Hillary is a much more polished figure than Palin and can't possibly be accused of being any sort of "right-wing extremist."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »

Yes.

A lot of Hillary voters initially changed their mind because of McCain's female running mate.  If Hillary herself was on McCain's ticket, it would have been a blowout.  Especially since Hillary is a much more polished figure than Palin and can't possibly be accused of being any sort of "right-wing extremist."

Ok, what about the Republican Party? Wouldn't they have been about as angry about John McCain choosing Hillary, as they were about the possibility of McCain choosing Lieberman? I would expect some sort of Independent candidacy that might be able to get 5% of the vote or more.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies