CO Senate race: Possible October Surprise (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:09:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO Senate race: Possible October Surprise (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO Senate race: Possible October Surprise  (Read 4210 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
« edited: October 12, 2010, 12:41:57 PM by Vepres »

It's the "buyer's remorse" comment that is that problem, for him to say that makes it look like he was blaming the woman and that was not right. It's one thing to believe he didn't have a case, it's another to pass judgment like that. He needed to choose his words better.

It seems that she invited him into her apartment and never verbally protested his advances. Poor word choice, but he (Buck) was basically arguing that she could not win the case.

I should also note that this story isn't even on the Denver Post website.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »

If Bennet pushes this, and then it turns out to be a non-story, does that potentially backfire on him? I could see that happening, similar to Grayson's "submit to me" ad.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »

It seems that she invited him into her apartment and never verbally protested his advances.

and, she was drunk and the man was her former lover.  Probably 95% of adults would agree with the DA's decision not press charges.  It would be a total waste of taxpayer money.

Exactly, hence why I think this will backfire if Bennet tries to make an issue out of it. Besides, Buck is good at handling these things. The "I don't wear high heals" comment blew over, after all.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

none of those constitute rape, otherwise I could have pressed charges against several girls in my past....also she had willingly put out for him before

http://www.lawinfoboulder.com/colorado_statutes/sexual_unlawful_contact.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At the very least, this would definitely be classified as Unlawful Sexual Contact. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if they engaged in sexual intercourse without her direct consent, then he committed a very serious crime (high misdemeanor or felony).

But as Buck said, a jury would never side with her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies