Novice tests out map technology
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Novice tests out map technology
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Novice tests out map technology  (Read 1687 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:24:51 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2011, 12:49:22 PM by William F Buckley Revivalist »

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »

Interesting. I see the second map as America run by third parties. Hawaii, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania seceded.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »

Interesting. I see the second map as America run by third parties. Hawaii, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania seceded.

As the title says, it's just me testing out the map technologies. In this, I changed a bunch of stuff by messing with the numbers on the map. I'm just testing the technology out, and hopefully I'll use this technology sometime in the future to make a map where Green, Yellow, and Orange are the main colors, but right now, I'm jsut ffiguring out how to do it.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »

As the title says, it's just me testing out the map technologies. In this, I changed a bunch of stuff by messing with the numbers on the map. I'm just testing the technology out, and hopefully I'll use this technology sometime in the future to make a map where Green, Yellow, and Orange are the main colors, but right now, I'm jsut ffiguring out how to do it.

I know, but I'm running scenarios around in my head. It's fun Tongue.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »

What scenario did you come up with that has Utah have 399 electoral votes? I'm rather curious.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »

What scenario did you come up with that has Utah have 399 electoral votes? I'm rather curious.

As I explained earlier, I'm just testing out map technology. I'm testing out changing colors, margins, and electoral vote numbers using the map code. Nothing more. Hopefully, I'll be using this technology in the future, in a timeline where the older parties no longer exist. As for now, I'm just fiddling.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »

As I explained earlier, I'm just testing out map technology. I'm testing out changing colors, margins, and electoral vote numbers using the map code. Nothing more. Hopefully, I'll be using this technology in the future, in a timeline where the older parties no longer exist. As for now, I'm just fiddling.

I know, I was addressing feeblepizza, who said he was running scenarios around in his head. I was curious to know what he came up with.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »

I know, I was addressing feeblepizza, who said he was running scenarios around in his head. I was curious to know what he came up with.

Honestly I didn't see that.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »

Those Mormons do have lots of kids Tongue
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »

Those Mormons do have lots of kids Tongue

Yes. "The Great Mormon Conversion of 2030" or something of the like. A whole lot of people become Mormons, move to Utah, and have LOTS of children. Thus, by 2048, Utah has hundreds of millions of solidly conservative Mormon votes. Nobody campaigns anymore because they know who Utah will vote for (Constitution Party? That's the brown, isn't it?)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:03 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2010, 03:25:05 PM by Cathcon »

You'll also notice that Georgia had 157 electoral votes. What caused that? A Sudden interest in peach farming?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 09:58:43 AM »

You'll also notice that Georgis had 159 electoral votes. What caused that? A Sudden interest in peach farming?

Baptists don't believe in birth control, do they?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »

You'll also notice that Georgis had 159 electoral votes. What caused that? A Sudden interest in peach farming?

Baptists don't believe in birth control, do they?

HA! Pretty funny.

It seems like all the major religions are havinglots of kids in this scenario. Did Minnesota get really upset about that and secede?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »

If you read either of my two timelines, which are located in my signature, you;ll be glad to see I put the technology to good use. (Yeah, I know I'm shamelessly promoting myself)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 07:30:47 PM by Cathcon »

Newest test of map technology (this is based on something I'm trying to do in "America and Onward":

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies