How to stop the revival of Laissez-Faire? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:54:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How to stop the revival of Laissez-Faire? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to stop the revival of Laissez-Faire?  (Read 3428 times)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« on: October 14, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

Well you know, if those programs did go away, you could always set up similar ones in your areas. But nah, we can't have economic diversity in a nation of 300 million, we must conform to one standard that ultimately only benefits the corporations instead.

Only when people fully embrace decentralized economics will we see any real progress.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »

Well you know, if those programs did go away, you could always set up similar ones in your areas. But nah, we can't have economic diversity in a nation of 300 million, we must conform to one standard that ultimately only benefits the corporations instead.

Only when people fully embrace decentralized economics will we see any real progress.

Well, yeah, that's sort of doable. But it would, probably, require imposing residence permits, at least on the elderly. Florida, would, probably, require Arizonans over 65 visas to come  w/ their grandchildren to Disney World Smiley) I can just see the line at a Floridan consulate in Phoenix Smiley)

Anyway, I am going to bet on the following: if you made participation in these programs voluntary, not even the Utah legislature would vote to withdraw.

I am not talking about making federal ones voluntary though. I'm talking about scrapping federal ones and then letting individual communities set up local ones. So no federal social security, but Los Angeles could have a social security system if they wanted.

I don't support say a single payer health plan federally, but I'd support one being set up in my community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies