MA: Suffolk University: Patrick remains in control of the race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA: Suffolk University: Patrick remains in control of the race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Suffolk University: Patrick remains in control of the race  (Read 522 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:55:45 AM »

New Poll: Massachusetts Governor by Suffolk University on 2010-10-16

Summary: D: 46%, R: 39%, I: 10%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:01:44 AM »

I wouldn't say that he's "in control" with a seven-point lead, but yeah, he's got to be the favorite.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »

Something smells off about this Suffolk poll. Cahill didn't go UP to 10% after the recent news stories suggesting illegal collusion between his campaign and the state lottery.

Anyhooooo... the Baker campaign is about to push back by releasing an internal showing them up 7.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »

This is slightly off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks that if Patrick wins re-election, he will be the Senate nominee against Scott Brown in 2014?  He would have 2 statewide wins under his belt and he's young, charismatic, and term-limited.  Where could they find a better person to put up against Brown?  Vicki Kennedy would be sending exactly the wrong message to the voters and most of the Representatives either have scandals or are old as the hills.

Capuano obviously wants the job, but I don't think he would play well in the suburbs between his Cambridge background and being one of the very most liberal congressmen in the country right now.   Frank, Tsongas, and now Tierney could never beat Brown, Olver is way too old, Markey likes his position in the House leadership, and Lynch wouldn't make it through the primary after voting against HCR.  If they're going to run a congressman/woman against a well-liked incumbent like Brown, then they should look for someone who represents a district that's more moderate than the state as whole. That leaves Neal and McGovern as the only viable congressmen to challenge Brown and I doubt either one would have wider appeal than a two-term governor.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »

This is slightly off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks that if Patrick wins re-election, he will be the Senate nominee against Scott Brown in 2014?  He would have 2 statewide wins under his belt and he's young, charismatic, and term-limited.  Where could they find a better person to put up against Brown?  Vicki Kennedy would be sending exactly the wrong message to the voters and most of the Representatives either have scandals or are old as the hills.

Capuano obviously wants the job, but I don't think he would play well in the suburbs between his Cambridge background and being one of the very most liberal congressmen in the country right now.   Frank, Tsongas, and now Tierney could never beat Brown, Olver is way too old, Markey likes his position in the House leadership, and Lynch wouldn't make it through the primary after voting against HCR.  If they're going to run a congressman/woman against a well-liked incumbent like Brown, then they should look for someone who represents a district that's more moderate than the state as whole. That leaves Neal and McGovern as the only viable congressmen to challenge Brown and I doubt either one would have wider appeal than a two-term governor.

Isn't Brown up for reelection in 2012?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2010, 11:01:13 AM by Mr. Moderate »

2012, yes. His opponent will probably be Capuano (who was mayor of Somerville, not Cambridge).
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 11:31:42 AM »

Deval is toxic (actually somewhat unfairly), so I'm pretty sure this year will be his last race.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »

Patrick is running a pretty smart campaign. I'd be surprised if he lost.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

Something smells off about this Suffolk poll. Cahill didn't go UP to 10% after the recent news stories suggesting illegal collusion between his campaign and the state lottery.

That may have been trumped by continuing fallout over Loscocco's endorsement and Cahill's lawsuit.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies