CO: Rasmussen: With Maes collapsing further, Tancredo right behind Hickenlooper
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO: Rasmussen: With Maes collapsing further, Tancredo right behind Hickenlooper
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CO: Rasmussen: With Maes collapsing further, Tancredo right behind Hickenlooper  (Read 3587 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »

He did pretty well in the debates. He kept his rhetoric moderate, and didn't mention immigration much.

I'm actually half-rooting for him mostly because Democrats will almost surely hold the Colorado Senate.

I'm with you on immigration. However I think he's preformed terrible at the debates. He sits back in his chair and acts bored. He covers his face with his hand. He doesn't stop talking and eventually it's just words coming out meaning nothing.

Though this isn't anything new for him. Imagine what the polling would be if Tancredo actually preformed well and wasn't immigration crazy
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »

He actually came out against the Arizona immigration law awhile ago, fwiw.

He's also in favor of legalizing all drugs.

Disgusting. I think Colorado is smarter than to elect a fascist

Apparently it's not.

LOL
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »

Disgusting. I think Colorado is smarter than to elect a fascist, but I could be proven wrong. In which case Colorado would automatically join Alabama and Oklahoma on my black list.

Yes, Tancredo believes in undying devotion to the state above all else, militarism and conquest of sovereign nations Roll Eyes

Didn't he say that the US should bomb Mecca?

And you think he really meant it? I find it rather depressing that many candidates are judged based on only a handful of gaffes.

Besides, he's running for Governor, not President, so foreign policy views are irrelevant.

He's such a reasonable fellow that he supports literacy tests before voting. Not like those have a disgustingly racist history, or anything.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »

Disgusting. I think Colorado is smarter than to elect a fascist, but I could be proven wrong. In which case Colorado would automatically join Alabama and Oklahoma on my black list.

Yes, Tancredo believes in undying devotion to the state above all else, militarism and conquest of sovereign nations Roll Eyes

And you think he really meant it? I find it rather depressing that many candidates are judged based on only a handful of gaffes.

Besides, he's running for Governor, not President, so foreign policy views are irrelevant.

He's such a reasonable fellow that he supports literacy tests before voting. Not like those have a disgustingly racist history, or anything.
Where did you read that?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »

Where did you read that?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/80005-tancredo-tells-tea-partiers-literacy-test-would-have-stopped-obama

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-denver/tancredo-states-civics-literacy-test-not-racially-biased
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 10:52:41 PM »

Where did you read that?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/80005-tancredo-tells-tea-partiers-literacy-test-would-have-stopped-obama

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-denver/tancredo-states-civics-literacy-test-not-racially-biased

Theoretically speaking, if all people were equally or all the races were equally educated, would it be discriminatory?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »

Where did you read that?

Theoretically speaking, if all people were equally or all the races were equally educated, would it be discriminatory?

Don't make stupid comments.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »

Where did you read that?

Don't make stupid comments.

That wasn't a comment. It was a question, you should know the difference. I think Tancredo was having a pie in the sky moment about a perfect society, you and Marokai thinks he is a racist. Either prove you and marokai are right or don't waste me time.

Its a dumb comment from a politician I hold little regard for, but I am sick of accepting standard assumptions about things. I am not going to beleive he is racist because that fits best with your incorrect view of the world.

You say he is racist, prove it beyond this trash. So far you have only proven that Tancredo is stupid and has a big mouth, not that he is a racist.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »

Suppose it is enacted with an Australian style mandatory voting law, is it still racist?

They have to pass the test to vote and they have to vote.

Sure would increase a lot of people's IQs and that would be fun to watch though nearly impossible to do, but we are talking theoretically.

Let me put like this, if you are Theodore Bilbo and you want a Civics test to keep blacks from voting, that is racist.

If you are Tom Tancredo and you want a civics test to increase the knowledge of the founding documents and reduce ignorance in voting. He isn't racist, but he is an ignorancist and unrealistic.

There are a million ways to make it an equal opportunity thing to remove a racist element.

Unless you can show me a comment with Tancredo specifically saying "insert race" needs to be prevented from voting, we need civics tests before voting, you haven't proven he is racist. Stop the political grandstanding and politically biased assumptions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:39 AM »

Apparently it's not.

Since when Svensson became such a mindless hack?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:54 AM »

Apparently it's not.

Why would you even care? You know, what with the whole "Let's break up a friendship over a political game" deal...
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »

Damn, and I thought I would get credit for destroying this thread. Tongue

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

Yeah, this is Tancredo's ceiling folks, and it seems like a rather high estimate

You hope it is...

but Maes still has 12 more points to drop.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »

Apparently it's not.

Why would you even care? You know, what with the whole "Let's break up a friendship over a political game" deal...

Crybaby.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies