Opinion of jmfcst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmfcst
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of jmfcst  (Read 4898 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »

Go.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »

FF.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »

I give him credit. He may have horribly misguided views, but he'll stick to them, no matter how much facts disprove them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »

He'll always be an Atlas legend for breaking the news on Sarah Palin being McCain's running mate hours before the MSM reported it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »

He has my respect.  If I were ever charged with a crime, and was allowed to pick my jury from among the regular members of this forum, he'd be one that I'd choose.  He strikes as intelligent, impartial, sober, and a man of great integrity who would judge me only on the facts of the case. 
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »

Another one of those "he's been around for a long time so we let him get away with anything" users.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »

Clueless, in more ways than one.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »

Gets a lot more flak than he deserves. I've never minded him despite never agreeing with him on anything.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »

I give him credit. He may have horribly misguided views, but he'll stick to them, no matter how much facts disprove them.

I don't see stubborness as a virtue.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »

Brainwashed by religion. I'm not voting either way because we don't know what his real views are.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »

Suprisingly immature for his age and life experience, often doesn't read or disregards other peoples opinions in an argument so that it can't be advanced often resulting in doing this to catch his attention. Displays bi-polar tendencies and mood swings, often posts attacks/insults people then promptly deletes them. Often resorts to blatant trolling and gets away with it because he's one of the oldest members here (but has managed to rack up points of late)

And so on.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

FF!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »

A fruitcake.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

Please stop insulting fruit cakes!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »

Like everyone, he has has good and bad attributes.  I find him at times to be engaging and humorous.  However, on the bad side there are instances where he has used his religious beliefs as cover to demean people- which coincidentally I find contrary to those very religious beliefs.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »

He has a rather one track mind, but he's hardly a sociopath - just insecure. That is my little take on it all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »

Part of the fixtures and fittings of this place. Of course were he a new poster, we'd call him a borderline troll and that's that. He's recent started moving towards problem-poster status, which is a little strange after eight (or is it nine?) years here.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »

One of the true exemplars of the vileness which is 'America'. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »

Part of the fixtures and fittings of this place. Of course were he a new poster, we'd call him a borderline troll and that's that. He's recent started moving towards problem-poster status, which is a little strange after eight (or is it nine?) years here.

Yeah he's doing it deliberately and trying to prove a point, although I can't figure out exactly what it is.......
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »

Well, I don’t like the fact something as subjective as “trolling” can be grounds for banning.  Sometimes, trolling can be an effective method to stir debate, like a teacher throwing out a controversial subject for the class to chew on.  Also, many of my cryptic threads, which ended up being accurate predictions, would have been considered “trolling” by many mods under the current rules.  And my threads featuring music videos to express a point or feeling would also violate the current rules.

To me, Leip as taken an effort to make the site family friendly and turned it into a system that doesn’t allow artistic forms of debate – the  mods are determining what can and cannot be discussed and what form the argument must take.  Posters should be given a chance to allow a statement or idea to “hang in the air” and then to expound upon it in their follow up statements.  As it is now, in order not to be considered a troll, one must spell out everything up front – mods are not allowing single statements to be used as a foundation for discussion .  The rules should allow someone to broadly sketch an idea on canvas and then to flesh out the picture as others join in the discussion.

Posting has become too ritualize, as if we have to fill out a standardized form in order to post. 

In other words – “Where’s my motivation?!”

(Of course, there are ways around the “trolling” infractions, but doing so actually makes trolling more interruptive.  Example – instead of a single trollish statement, a whole paragraph has to be written in order to show “thoughtful intent” to avoid an infraction.   My “Texas as a country” thread is a typical case – instead of me being able to yank someone’s chain by making a single “arrogant Texan" comment, I had to act as if I actually cared by making an entire thread on the subject, which only served to waste my time as well as the time of others. But, I digress.)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 02:00:56 PM »

Smart guy.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »

An intresting poster in many ways. His views are terrible, many of his interpertations of the Bible kind of strange, and his ability to post tl;dr arguments which are based completly on the idea that the Bible is always right is annoying, but now and then he actually makes quite insightful remarks that make a lot of sense and I've gotten the impression that overall he's a nice guy on the inside.

FF... err no. HP... nah not that either. I'll have to abstain on this one.   
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2010, 03:06:18 PM by Joe Republic »

I often bring him up whenever I get into a real-life conversation about how awful Texas is.  He's the perfect representative for his state.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »

My “Texas as a country” thread is a typical case – instead of me being able to yank someone’s chain by making a single “arrogant Texan" comment, I had to act as if I actually cared by making an entire thread on the subject, which only served to waste my time as well as the time of others. But, I digress.)

Why would you feel the need to post an "arrogant Texan" comment just to "yank somebody's chain"?  Can you see how that would be considered trollspam no matter how much effort you put into writing it?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »

Complex. Most of what I might have said if I'd taken the time is here in some form or other.

But I voted FF. If maybe just for old times' sake Kiss
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies