TPTTAA Poll - Why would anyone opposed the ConCon results? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:20:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA Poll - Why would anyone opposed the ConCon results? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Why?!
Cause

Yea, Cause

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: TPTTAA Poll - Why would anyone opposed the ConCon results?  (Read 1471 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 17, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »

I'm confused as well. People who didn't comment whatsoever in the process, didn't speak up or voice any dissent before now, are voting against a pretty non-controversial step forward for the game, without explaining their votes.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:23 PM »

I'm going to say that they just assumed it was bad since it was supported strongly by liberals.

Perhaps, but Jbrase, Yelnoc and Dibble all voted for it, and Dallasfan was a delegate and voted to approve of the final document.

It is more likely just an anti-PS thing, though I'm not sure what I've done to alienate people like MilesC56 or Cinyc.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:58:03 PM »

So far I have been more surprised (and pleased) by some of the names voting (and voting in favor) than by those opposing the draft Constitution. The involvement in the process is always welcome.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »

I'm confused as well. People who didn't comment whatsoever in the process, didn't speak up or voice any dissent before now, are voting against a pretty non-controversial step forward for the game, without explaining their votes.

where was the place to comment in the process? was there a general invitation to the constitutional convention? if so, i didn't receive it. compared to senate and presidential campaigns, this was pretty much beneath the radar.
i voted on the constitution as presented. there were many problems with the constitution as it existed already, and i didn't see any improvement. if there was a marked improvement, no one made that case to me. the change i saw that i did not like was a move to remove citizens from Atlasia within a shorter frame of time. why that would be considered non-controversial i do not know.

should i have voted for it in spite of my reservations? perhaps. but to suggest it is a no-brainer is absurd.

Okay, I'm just going to say it: this is the epitome of a zombie voter. For a member of this game to not notice something that's been going on for months, and that was a key pillar in my campaign, despite open threads in both Atlasia boards, and to rely on a PM to learn about such a thing is pretty ridiculous.

It's one thing in the real world, where the issues are many and participation has an impact on your life, but where time is scarce; however, to willingly join a game and then not participate except when beckoned... what is the purpose of remaining remotely active?

And this isn't targeting any party or group; the draft Constitution has received support from active members across party, ideology and region. But the above response is a serious flaw in this game. Just sayin'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies