Whatever happened to Little Green Footballs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:54:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Whatever happened to Little Green Footballs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Little Green Footballs?  (Read 865 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog

What? It's all attacks on Republicans now.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2010, 01:35:52 PM by px75 »

I remember reading almost a year ago at Andrew Sullivan's blog about how Johnson had been denounced by the rest of the conservative blogosphere because of his harsh criticism against the Tea Party.

Apparently they succeeded into turning him in John Cole No 2.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »

They attacked birtherism, and that made them outcasts in the Republican blogosphere, and then they began to attack cultural conservatism generally, which completed their transition away from being a Republican hack blog. They were always more of the htmldon-style neocons rather than conservatives, anyway.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

They had declining viewership due to the decline of neoconism, so they decided to become liberals to get attention.  99% chance they decide they're conservatives again to get attention within a year.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »

Johnson became a partisan Liberal, and his readership fell off as a result.  The biggest event on his blog in the last year was when he confused the Tennessee State flag with Neo-Nazis
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »

They attacked birtherism, and that made them outcasts in the Republican blogosphere, and then they began to attack cultural conservatism generally, which completed their transition away from being a Republican hack blog. They were always more of the htmldon-style neocons rather than conservatives, anyway.

Not really a good comparison, they were far more rabid and vile than don. Though it's true they don't have much in common with the Tea Party today and all that. However it appears that they have done a bit of a 180 even on the issues where their previous stance would be obvious, I've seen entries on it attacking opponents of the Ground Zero mosque, something which it is quite obviously would've be vigorously opposed by the old LGF. So basically Charles Johnson is another Josh22/Winston Disraeli I guess.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »

Not really a good comparison, they were far more rabid and vile than don. Though it's true they don't have much in common with the Tea Party today and all that. However it appears that they have done a bit of a 180 even on the issues where their previous stance would be obvious, I've seen entries on it attacking opponents of the Ground Zero mosque, something which it is quite obviously would've be vigorously opposed by the old LGF. So basically Charles Johnson is another Josh22/Winston Disraeli I guess.

Well, this site doesn't seem that far off from htmldon. Do they support Maes for Colorado governor?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:02:14 PM »

They got mugged by reality.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »

I am honored that you would associate me with my very favorite blog Smiley

It's one of the last remaining outposts for sane Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies