The State Funeral of the Rt. Hon. K.L. Jackson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:45:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The State Funeral of the Rt. Hon. K.L. Jackson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The State Funeral of the Rt. Hon. K.L. Jackson  (Read 3451 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »

Remind me to never go to that article again. Since when do they have pictures of half-eaten corpses on wikipedia?

I'm glad Opera has a "no images" setting.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »

The Rt. Hon. K.L. Jackson, CBE, POS, OBN, NAMBLA, BA Hons (3rd) is dead. As a Moderator of this forum, I declare that he shall have a State Funeral here. And here it is. Members who knew Mr Jackson may share their memories and so on.

My Mentor!!?? Dead!!?? I'll find the killer! I'll find the killer!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »

Hey Guys, I found the killer...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »

How was Sir Jackson killed by a man who was already dead?  Besides, we all know it was just our wrathful god Dave Leip working in his strange and mysterious ways who took him.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

It's okay now, guys. Take a look at what I hired a guy to do to the killer:

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »

How was Sir Jackson killed by a man who was already dead?  Besides, we all know it was just our wrathful god Dave Leip working in his strange and mysterious ways who took him.

The man was already dead, you say? Well obviously, Dave Liep works in more mysterious ways than anticipated...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 05:16:25 PM »

It's okay now, guys. Take a look at what I hired a guy to do to the killer:

Cathcon, please respect the dead or excuse yourself from the service.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »

The Rt. Hon. K.L. Jackson, CBE, POS, OBN, NAMBLA, BA Hons (3rd) is dead. As a Moderator of this forum, I declare that he shall have a State Funeral here. And here it is. Members who knew Mr Jackson may share their memories and so on.

Kyle Mercado
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »

Kyle Mercado

Kyle Mercado = Ronaldo Lessa. Two dangerous sociopaths conspiring against the Great Heroes of Alagoas!

Collor Governador is responsible for the contents of this advertising
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »

Kyle Mercado

Kyle Mercado = Ronaldo Lessa. Two dangerous sociopaths conspiring against the Great Heroes of Alagoas!

Collor Governador is responsible for the contents of this advertising

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 06:23:48 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2010, 06:25:32 AM by Platypus city limits »

I shall now present a brief eulogy.

It seems like only yesterday that Kenneth Lowpriceseveryday Jackson came into my life and touched my heart.

Few who knew him would deny that his words, when they came, were piercing. I have never met a better judge of character; a better wordsmith, or a better friend. Kenneth and I used to go fishing at this little river up in the hills. There, he'd bring out his special bait - maggots he farmed himself - and bet me that the first fish he'd catch would be bigger than my first three combined. He was only wrong once, but only because I caught an eel.

Kenneth grew up in a struggling home, but was loved. His mother, Larleina, died when he was 10 and his father John suffered a stroke two years later. His elder sister, Grace, was too busy being the town bicycle to raise her young brother and so Kenneth left school to run his father's grocery, up before dawn and down only after the books had been kept and the store cleaned late into the night. I saw a lot less of Kenneth after that, until at 17 he changed his middle name to Lowpriceseveryday and took out a loan for local television ad's. I know everyone in this room will remember the ad's... "Hi I'm Kenneth from Jackson's Grocery on Drover Street. I'm so serious about having the best prices in town, I decided to make a pledge that my prices will be low every day of the week, no matter what! Heck, I'm so serious about my pledge, I'd do anything to prove it's worth...even change me name!".

Turnover went up 620% in one year and the Jackson's Supermarkets chain was born. Kenneth stepped back from running the business at 25, and we recommenced our friendship. It was like not a day had passed.

That was the kind of guy Kenneth was. He was the hardest worker I've ever known, but as well as the toughest hands in town, he had the biggest heart and the memory of an elephant. Just a month ago, he described in perfect detail the stray cat we used to chase back when we were little - a cat I had forgotten.

Kenneth would never forget anyone or anything he met, and would always have a smile for a friend, old or new. So, I say to honour his memory, we each take time to smile and think of a time we shared with Kenneth.

Also, if his bitch sister Grace is here, I would like my virginity back, you skanky, skanky ho.

Thank you.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »

I shall now present a brief eulogy.

It seems like only yesterday that Kenneth Lowpriceseveryday Jackson came into my life and touched my heart.

Few who knew him would deny that his words, when they came, were piercing. I have never met a better judge of character; a better wordsmith, or a better friend. Kenneth and I used to go fishing at this little river up in the hills. There, he'd bring out his special bait - maggots he farmed himself - and bet me that the first fish he'd catch would be bigger than my first three combined. He was only wrong once, but only because I caught an eel.

Kenneth grew up in a struggling home, but was loved. His mother, Larleina, died when he was 10 and his father John suffered a stroke two years later. His elder sister, Grace, was too busy being the town bicycle to raise her young brother and so Kenneth left school to run his father's grocery, up before dawn and down only after the books had been kept and the store cleaned late into the night. I saw a lot less of Kenneth after that, until at 17 he changed his middle name to Lowpriceseveryday and took out a loan for local television ad's. I know everyone in this room will remember the ad's... "Hi I'm Kenneth from Jackson's Grocery on Drover Street. I'm so serious about having the best prices in town, I decided to make a pledge that my prices will be low every day of the week, no matter what! Heck, I'm so serious about my pledge, I'd do anything to prove it's worth...even change me name!".

Turnover went up 620% in one year and the Jackson's Supermarkets chain was born. Kenneth stepped back from running the business at 25, and we recommenced our friendship. It was like not a day had passed.

That was the kind of guy Kenneth was. He was the hardest worker I've ever known, but as well as the toughest hands in town, he had the biggest heart and the memory of an elephant. Just a month ago, he described in perfect detail the stray cat we used to chase back when we were little - a cat I had forgotten.

Kenneth would never forget anyone or anything he met, and would always have a smile for a friend, old or new. So, I say to honour his memory, we each take time to smile and think of a time we shared with Kenneth.

Also, if his bitch sister Grace is here, I would like my virginity back, you skanky, skanky ho.

Thank you.

*polite, reverent applause*
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »

Interesting you even know anyting about Al's inside joke after registering only 19 days ago.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:34 AM »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »

Ah, shouldn't there be a PC, or peerage in the post nominals?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »

GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 04:41:46 AM »

No - he's a right honorable because he was the Lord Provost of Nyman.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 08:04:58 AM »

No - he's a right honorable because he was the Lord Provost of Nyman.

Lord Provost Nyman wouldn't grant him the title, and it would be listed in his title.

OMG, Jackson is a fraud!

He must have been murdered in a scam!!!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 08:07:47 AM »

Lord Provost Nyman wouldn't grant him the title, and it would have been listed in his title
How would you know? Wikipedia's list of countries that also use the title is incomplete - as is evident from the fact that Atlasia and the position of Lord Provost of Nyman were not listed.
The lack of a mention of the title was a regrettable oversight on Mr Widdershins' part.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

Lord Provost Nyman wouldn't grant him the title, and it would have been listed in his title
How would you know? Wikipedia's list of countries that also use the title is incomplete - as is evident from the fact that Atlasia and the position of Lord Provost of Nyman were not listed.
The lack of a mention of the title was a regrettable oversight on Mr Widdershins' part.

The obituary obviously would have listed the title.  Jackson is a fraud, I fraud I say.  That's what got him murdered!

Dun, Dun, Daaa!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »

Interesting you even know anyting about Al's inside joke after registering only 19 days ago.

I don't know anyting about him except what I've read on this thread. Most of it was just guess work and acting.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »

Kalwejt, cut it out. It's not funny.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: