MA-10/Jeff Perry (R): the victim breaks her silence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:28:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-10/Jeff Perry (R): the victim breaks her silence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-10/Jeff Perry (R): the victim breaks her silence  (Read 1655 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »

This is not the story Jeff Perry wanted in the newspapers two weeks before Election Day. 14 years old, good God!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/10/breaking_silenc.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:04:32 PM »

Funny that among the four competitive races in Massachusetts, the MAGOP nominate their two weakest candidates in the ones thought to be most competitive, and their two strongest in the ones thought to be least competitive.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »

The Democrats must be desperate here if this is the "scandal" they're going to spin.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »

The Democrats must be desperate here if this is the "scandal" they're going to spin.

Well, I find it pretty awful.  If I were in MA-10, I'd probably vote for Jim Sheets (I) at this point.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

This has been an ongoing story with Perry all year, and one reason I'm baffled Republicans chose him to be their nominee. He also lied about having a degree from a diploma mill. He's just a poor quality individual to send to Washington. Aqua Buddha, this isn't.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »

Funny that among the four competitive races in Massachusetts, the MAGOP nominate their two weakest candidates in the ones thought to be most competitive, and their two strongest in the ones thought to be least competitive.

I'm guessing you're calling MA-4 as strong candidate, least competitive seat; are you talking about MA-5 and MA-6 for the others? Is there a strong candidate in MA-5 this year?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »

This one is quite unsettling.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2010, 04:16:55 PM by brittain33 »

Well, I find it pretty awful.  If I were in MA-10, I'd probably vote for Jim Sheets (I) at this point.

From a national Republican point of view, I don't see anything particularly wrong with Perry losing. He'd fall to whatever competent Democrat runs against him in 2012, and with reapportionment, if the Dems win this seat they're going to have to sacrifice an incumbent in the state anyway. Republicans don't need to pass any actual legislation with the House, they just need chairmanships so they can set the agenda and start investigating everything in sight.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »

I'm guessing you're calling MA-4 as strong candidate, least competitive seat; are you talking about MA-5 and MA-6 for the others? Is there a strong candidate in MA-5 this year?

Well, Golnik (MA-5) isn't exactly "strong," he's more generic R, but compared to Hudak and Perry he's strong.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »

Well, Golnik (MA-5) isn't exactly "strong," he's more generic R, but compared to Hudak and Perry he's strong.

Which seat do you see Republicans having the best chance of picking up at this point? Because it seems like the MA-10 is looking more and more likely to be a Dem victory.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 01:36:03 AM »

Which seat do you see Republicans having the best chance of picking up at this point? Because it seems like the MA-10 is looking more and more likely to be a Dem victory.

Funny, considering Cook just moved the race to tossup (from Lean Democrat).  I'd give the Republicans at least a 50/50 shot at winning this district
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 03:26:12 AM »

MA-10 is the only competitive seat in the state. Though R tallies across the state will look reasonable for once, which is a massive improvement.

Funny, considering Cook just moved the race to tossup (from Lean Democrat).  I'd give the Republicans at least a 50/50 shot at winning this district
Cook, CQ etc are all very much lagging indicators.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:44 PM »

MA-04,05,06 are all possible, but very unlikely to say the least.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 04:37:53 AM »

This is almost literally the only thing the Democrat has campaigned on for the whole race. Which should send off a lot of alarm bells to begin with...

But before we get too nostaligic for Malone, if he was any kind of strong challenger here, he wouldn't have lost the primary by 2:1.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »

did something just happen that she decided she needed to speak up at this precise moment as opposed to earlier?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »

did something just happen that she decided she needed to speak up at this precise moment as opposed to earlier?

Maybe she wants to prevent a guy she rightfully hates from going to congress? This one sounds pretty f'in messed up. Much, much worse than Aqua Buddha. Not even comparable really.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

Maybe she wants to prevent a guy she rightfully hates from going to congress? This one sounds pretty f'in messed up. Much, much worse than Aqua Buddha. Not even comparable really.

yeah, but he's been running for congress for a while now.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »

It might be that the race has gotten too close for the Democrats.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »

the possibility of a Republican taking this seat should have been clear since Scott Brown's victory.  assuming this is legitimate I don't want to disparage her finally coming forward, but it would have made sense to do so before the primary.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »

assuming this is legitimate I don't want to disparage her finally coming forward, but it would have made sense to do so before the primary.

This is certainly true. I don't know why she didn't come forward then, but it's not as if most people know who is running in the primaries. She might not have even known this guy was running till a few months ago. So if she didn't take him out in the primaries, I suppose it makes sense to wait till October to speak out since it would be most effective then?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies