The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:11:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers  (Read 3062 times)
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »

They are Skousen following John Birchers attempting to rebrand themselves, are probably the most radical right wing movement in our nation's history, and sadly, they've won. We're going back to Laissez-Faire!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »

Yes, this has been clear for at least a few months now. The fascists are taking over, first in November and then in 2012 when they will cement their control.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »

Yes, this has been clear for at least a few months now. The fascists are taking over, first in November and then in 2012 when they will cement their control.

Since when is less restrictions fascist?
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »

They are Skousen following John Birchers attempting to rebrand themselves, are probably the most radical right wing movement in our nation's history, and sadly, they've won. We're going back to Laissez-Faire!

Bless the Invisible Hand
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »

Well, I wish the Tea Party/GOP were just re-branded Birchers, given the John Birch Society's consistent opposition to foreign intervention, but sadly they aren't.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

The majority of them only support "less restrictions" in economic policy. In social policy and foreign policy....well....
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »

The majority of them only support "less restrictions" in economic policy. In social policy and foreign policy....well....

And the "less restrictions" they support in economic policy just means enriching the already rich and impoverishing the rest of us.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »

I love when the country of Hackistan weighs in.   (Maybe an avatar idea for Joe Republic to work on Wink )
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 03:15:45 PM »

They already have, and you have no problem with it. After all, you do love Obama.

Although their herald was Bush. Without doubt.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

And the "less restrictions" they support in economic policy just means enriching the already rich and impoverishing the rest of us.

There are libertarian ones. They are less fascist than even a moderate.

As for economics, I'm pretty sure being against bailing out big companies is very right-wing. It's the Dems that want their buddies to be fat and happy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »

As for economics, I'm pretty sure being against bailing out big companies is very right-wing. It's the Dems that want their buddies to be fat and happy.

Both parties supported the bailout (as they should have, because it saved the world economy). But the Democrats at least want low-to-moderate taxes on the rich; the Republicans want as little as possible. In that regard, I'd argue it's the GOP that wants their buddies (the ones spending millions in independent expenditures on behalf of their candidates this cycle) to be fat and happy.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »

Huh
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »

Both parties supported the bailout (as they should have, because it saved the world economy). But the Democrats at least want low-to-moderate taxes on the rich; the Republicans want as little as possible. In that regard, I'd argue it's the GOP that wants their buddies (the ones spending millions in independent expenditures on behalf of their candidates this cycle) to be fat and happy.

Tea Partiers did NOT support the bailout.

Yes, there are libertarian tea-partiers. How is that confusing?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

Tea Partiers did NOT support the bailout.

Yes, there are libertarian tea-partiers. How is that confusing?

Lief has become one of the most hackish posters here (not that he ever wasn't). In fact, the way he talks, he's almost like a left-wing Libertas.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »

A motivated fiscally conservative movement comes about after a decade of fiscal irresponsibility and suddenly they are extremists, Birchers, fringees, militia movement types, Klansmen, racists, nativists, Tim McVeigh wannabe's and on and on and on.

You know I actually hoped and beleive the Democrats were sincere when they promised to "drain the swamp" in Washington. I realized I was dead wrong when I saw Democrats like Steve Isreal labeling the RSC as "fringe" on the house floor in 2007, when the RSC members were the only ones holding the porkers of both parties accountable and fighting for real reform. Suddenly stopping and preventing and reducing the fiscal irresponsbilities under Bush took a back seat to destroying the biggest threat to their big gov't ideology, the voices within the GOP who had been demanding more restraint and lower spending.

The reason Dems and liberals and progressives are so afraid of the Tea Party is becuase they fear that if fiscal conservatism becomes popular, they have the most to lose. So whenever I hear these leftwing nuts throwing out the extremist label, I just see a power hungry beast engaging in C.Y.A. out of desperation. God forbid if smaller gov't became in vogue again, for that would ruin them.

Quit trying to label them in a way to marginalize them, listen to them and address their concerns.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 01:52:33 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

- New York Times
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 01:55:27 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

- New York Times

Hack.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 02:01:47 AM »

Me, the New York Times, Kelly Khuri or some combination thereof?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05:08 AM »

You, clearly. By posting quotes from Tea Party group founds such as her reinforcing the thread subject, you're nothing but a left-wing Libertas!
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 02:08:59 AM »

You, clearly. By posting quotes from Tea Party group founds such as her reinforcing the thread subject, you're nothing but a left-wing Libertas!

That's called stereotyping.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 02:12:45 AM »

This poll shows that a majority of Teabaggers have a favorable opinion of libertarian heroes such as George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002534-503544.html
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 03:33:27 AM »

This poll shows that a majority of Teabaggers have a favorable opinion of libertarian heroes such as George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck.

Another post trying to alter my point, in order to win on the internet... I was just trying to inform people that the stereotyping is not a sufficient tool to do anything but smear.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 03:44:42 AM »

A motivated fiscally conservative movement comes about after a decade of fiscal irresponsibility and suddenly they are extremists, Birchers, fringees, militia movement types, Klansmen, racists, nativists, Tim McVeigh wannabe's and on and on and on.

There has been no fiscal irresponsibility, other than an inadequate taxation of the rich, and of course inadequate social spending, Yanke.

Quit trying to label them in a way to marginalize them, listen to them and address their concerns.

'Addressing their concerns' will simply require killing millions of poors, Yankee.  Of course, this will happen, but I don't think it is seemly to let it go without a few squeaks of protest.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 06:05:49 AM »

I think their sentiment is something like this:

He may have been a glorified big-spender, but hey, at least he wasn't Obama
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 07:43:07 AM »

Haha, yeah, this is an entirely grassroots organisation with the common, and noble, cause of reducing fiscal irresponsibility, regardless of the party, or race, of the incumbent President. Please.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies