DoFE Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:58:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: DoFE Tracker  (Read 24215 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »

Precedent only comes from court rulings, and court rulings that pertain to existing law.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 01:12:10 AM »

I am confidant that my decision here is as close to the law as I can get it, despite the fact that it goes against my personal common sense.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 03:45:33 AM »

I hate to be the one to say this, but I'll feel guilty if I don't: Meeker didn't vote for us.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 03:56:08 AM »

Jas, John Dibble and Texasgurl voted for Naso ? Huh

There is no candidate for the reformist left, which certainly explains the first name on the list.

Oh yeah, I see. There's no candidate for the reformist left so let's vote for the brainless right ? Makes perfect sense. Wink

How dare you sir. I'm proud to cast my ballot for Mike Naso - an Atlasian hero and an example to us all!

I would have been very happy to support President Purple State had he sought re-election. Equally I would have been very happy to vote for Vice President Marokai had he sought the Presidency. While I don't agree with all their decisions and appointments, they demonstrated a strong willingness to work hard to improve Atlasia.

RG Fritz has done a fine job in his current portfolio, as has the AG - however, it struck me that this ticket was put together for the sake of running a JCP ticket - rather than presenting a vision for a better Atlasia. The ticket lacks a distinct agenda - absent the one major proposal Fritz has presented, i.e. the recuitment drive outside Atlasia. I simply disagree with that strategy. I don't believe Atlasia's problems are about the number of participants, and I believe that that exact strategy has been detrimental to Atlasia in recent times leading to the dominance of mailing list elections in recent years. I appreciate though that others feel differently, including leaderships on right and left.

ilv is quite right, the reformist left is not well served by the ballot. Fritz may be on the left, but he and I have very different views on Forum Affairs, and always have had. I respect him, but I simply disagree with him on how best to move forward. Had a more comprehensive Presidential vision been set out I may have voted a higher preference for the ticket - but it hasn't. If anything the second major focus has simply been on attacking the other major ticket - something I find unappealing. I'm sure Fritz will make a competent President, and I wish him every sucess should he be elected.

AndrewCT is a reasonable, personable long-standing Atlasian who has at the very least presented an agenda for his proposed Presidency that he can be judged by. I don't agree with him on quite a few issues, but I don't doubt his sincerely of effort and honest intentions to do a good job in office.

At any rate, not sure why my vote attracts any attention - the JCP are the only game in town. Only once in the last 2 and a half years has the JCP lost a Presidential election - and I doubt they lose this one either.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 04:34:59 AM »

I hate to be the one to say this, but I'll feel guilty if I don't: Meeker didn't vote for us.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=126485.msg2692975#msg2692975
He did.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2010, 07:47:51 AM »

Updated.

Next update will be in a few hours.

The update after that will likely be at around 8pm or so tonight.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2010, 10:10:58 AM »

NORTHEAST SENATE

[X] Dallasfan65
POP - Populares
RPP - Regional Protection Party

[X] Eraserhead
JCP - Jesus Christ Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

This ballot, which has been up for over 20 minutes, sadly, is invalid for either candidate.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »

Update

Also, Zacoftheaxes presidential vote also does not count as he does not have 15 posts in 8 weeks.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

Blegh, this election has been terrible. You have a bunch of liberals bitching that they have no chance of winning (Kalwejt for VP, HappyWarrior for Senate) ever since the campaign season started, and now they all pull through and win.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:07 PM »

Blegh, this election has been terrible. You have a bunch of liberals bitching that they have no chance of winning (Kalwejt for VP, HappyWarrior for Senate) ever since the campaign season started, and now they all pull through and win.

Election have (hopefully) a consequences, Tmth Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »

I still remain pessimistic. It's in my blood.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

It's nothing personal against you. It's just extremely frustrating when we knew we'd have a tough fight while you guys blabbed about how you had no chance of winning. And where are we at tonight? A liberal victory.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »

It's nothing personal against you. It's just extremely frustrating when we knew we'd have a tough fight while you guys blabbed about how you had no chance of winning. And where are we at tonight? A liberal victory.

Truth is, we were an underdogs and that's why we put so much efforts. Perhaps you guys felt little to safe and took too much for granted.

Of course, elections aren't over yet.

Being honest: when I accepted Fritz invitation to join him, I was convinced we have no chance, and decided to do my best to win the best performance. Vice Presidency would be out of the blue for me, but if elected, I'll do my best again, this time to help President.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

I'm about to call this one. It looks like the right will be walking into the woods for a while. The dynamics just don't favor any chance at a victory until some things change. Perhaps it's for the better.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »

I'm about to call this one. It looks like the right will be walking into the woods for a while. The dynamics just don't favor any chance at a victory until some things change. Perhaps it's for the better.

My biggest regret of this election is that we ended up without debates, Duke Sad
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »

My biggest regret of this election is that we ended up without debates, Duke Sad

That is sad.

Debates are always talked about, but, for some reason, rarely materialize.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 08:17:00 PM by Mideast Senatorial Candidate HappyWarrior »

Well I certainly was an underdog considering the partisan makeup of the region but I decided complaining wasn't going to do anything so I chose to work as hard as I could to get elected and at the moment it looks like it has paid off however we'll see for sure in a couple of hours. Also its not like I'm some hardcore far left liberal.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »

I am, too!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

Debates are fun, but ultimately rarely change people's minds. When was the last time a JCPer strayed from the party line? Tongue

The way I see it is, you guys win this one regardless of what happens. As usual, the JCP's turnout machine was far superior to the RPP/POP combination, though the RPP had nearly 80% turnout. Furthermore, with the apparent collapse of the POP zombie machine, which is essentially what they were built on, the right's influence will wane even further, numbers wise, which is what was bound to happen considering the shaky foundation the POPs were started on.

It's a shame too. I bought all this whiskey to celebrate with my friend AndrewCT, but now it will all go to waste. Wink

Do you have any good vodka, Kal?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2010, 08:21:38 PM »

Debates are fun, but ultimately rarely change people's minds. When was the last time a JCPer strayed from the party line? Tongue

The way I see it is, you guys win this one regardless of what happens. As usual, the JCP's turnout machine was far superior to the RPP/POP combination, though the RPP had nearly 80% turnout. Furthermore, with the apparent collapse of the POP zombie machine, which is essentially what they were built on, the right's influence will wane even further, numbers wise, which is what was bound to happen considering the shaky foundation the POPs were started on.

It's a shame too. I bought all this whiskey to celebrate with my friend AndrewCT, but now it will all go to waste. Wink

If I do indeed pull it out Duke we can get hammered in my office Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »

I think the right certainly underperformed... And you can't blame the JCP for that!

Still, it's what, Fritz +4 right now? Out of 100+ votes? That's certainly no landslide. It's pretty close, and close Presidential elections are always interesting.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »

I think the right certainly underperformed... And you can't blame the JCP for that!

Still, it's what, Fritz +4 right now? Out of 100+ votes? That's certainly no landslide. It's pretty close, and close Presidential elections are always interesting.

I kinda want to see a repeat of June '09, just for the hell of it. Grin
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

That'll be a hell of a way to break in your new tenure in the senate, HW. Tongue
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »

Those were good days, of me running for VP with the RPP lol

That'll be a hell of a way to break in your new tenure in the senate, HW. Tongue

Just bring your whiskey, I honestly thought I had no chance so if I win I will still be in shock lol.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

Those were good days, of me running for VP with the RPP lol

I actually voted for that ticket. My vote was one of the ones thrown out, of course. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies