DoFE Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:54:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: DoFE Tracker  (Read 24312 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

I'm about to call this one. It looks like the right will be walking into the woods for a while. The dynamics just don't favor any chance at a victory until some things change. Perhaps it's for the better.

My biggest regret of this election is that we ended up without debates, Duke Sad

Debates are fun, but ultimately rarely change people's minds. When was the last time a JCPer strayed from the party line? Tongue

The way I see it is, you guys win this one regardless of what happens. As usual, the JCP's turnout machine was far superior to the RPP/POP combination, though the RPP had nearly 80% turnout. Furthermore, with the apparent collapse of the POP zombie machine, which is essentially what they were built on, the right's influence will wane even further, numbers wise, which is what was bound to happen considering the shaky foundation the POPs were started on.

It's a shame too. I bought all this whiskey to celebrate with my friend AndrewCT, but now it will all go to waste. Wink

Do you have any good vodka, Kal?

The great choice of vodka Grin

Well, regardless of the outcome, we're all staying at offices and I'm looking forward to work with you guys after the election, no matter if as Vice President or Senator Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »

I think the right certainly underperformed... And you can't blame the JCP for that!

Still, it's what, Fritz +4 right now? Out of 100+ votes? That's certainly no landslide. It's pretty close, and close Presidential elections are always interesting.

I didn't intend to blame the JCP in my post, bgwah. It's all on us. Your party had a vastly superior turnout machine this time around, especially given most expected my ticket to win. Kudos to you.

My point is, the writing for yet-another-collapse of the right has been on the wall for a bit, starting when Barnes won his race. I remember warning people behind the scenes that event was a sign of things to come. I was right.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »

I think the right certainly underperformed... And you can't blame the JCP for that!

Still, it's what, Fritz +4 right now? Out of 100+ votes? That's certainly no landslide. It's pretty close, and close Presidential elections are always interesting.
My point is, the writing for yet-another-collapse of the right has been on the wall for a bit, starting when Barnes won his race. I remember warning people behind the scenes that event was a sign of things to come. I was right.

OMG, I'm a sign of the Apocalypse! Grin
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »

I didn't intend to blame the JCP in my post, bgwah. It's all on us. Your party had a vastly superior turnout machine this time around, especially given most expected my ticket to win. Kudos to you.

The JCP has a great turnout machine. It's mainly better because all of their zombies are active members of the site, while the right has to depend on less-active members getting online during election periods.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »

The JCP has a great turnout machine. It's mainly better because all of their zombies are active members of the site, while the right has to depend on less-active members getting online during election periods.

Absolutely. The zombie machine on the right was built on people who came from God knows where, and after a few months, they stop checking this site for orders to vote, while the zombies on the left are well known members, for the most part, and come on here daily. Tongue This problem will undoubtedly affect the Populares, as was seen in the NE Senate race, where it is clear the once stronghold for the POP party is no longer theirs.

I am pleased to see RPP turnout was 80% this election. Well done, regardless of the outcome. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »

I believe I have 14 votes not 13.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »

How is the Midwest Senate race going to be dealt with?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »

I will investigate this along with the update.

meeker: Much of that will depend on the actions of the winner.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »

I'm going to hold Vice Presidency, Senate seat and post of AG at one time, and with such power, nobody can stop me!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »

Absolutely. The zombie machine on the right was built on people who came from God knows where, and after a few months, they stop checking this site for orders to vote, while the zombies on the left are well known members, for the most part, and come on here daily. Tongue This problem will undoubtedly affect the Populares, as was seen in the NE Senate race, where it is clear the once stronghold for the POP party is no longer theirs.

I am pleased to see RPP turnout was 80% this election. Well done, regardless of the outcome. Tongue

Due to attrition, the influx of the DAers and the increased activity of some like A-bob, and others since early this year, the RPP has in some ways become a smaller version of the JCP in terms of most of our people being active on the forum, hence do to smaller size and that factor, its not hard to get to 80% turnout. What we need to do going forward is to encourage or try to spark a regeneration of activity amongst some of our strongest talents in the RPP pool (Jedi, Smid, Afleitch, Fezzy, Rowan, etc). But really there isn't much we can do if they are tied up with personal issues and such, have RL priorities that are far more important, or are just plain bored as hell. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:10 PM »

Updated

also,

President

1. Alexander Hamilton

Senate

1. DallasFan

There is only one user with a name similar to DallasFan, and that is Dallasfan65, who is one of the registered Candidates. Hence the vote is counted towards him.

The vote for President is towards an ineligible person.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 09:08:02 PM by Eraserhead »

You never know. It's my understanding that "DallasFan" is a common misspelling of "Eraserhead". Tongue
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »

I get to appoint someone.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »

FTR

Of Kal senate voters...
10 votes preference no one else next to him.
1 next goes to Sewer, then to ILV
1 goes to ILV
1 goes to Sven
1 goes to Vepres, who is not accepting write-ins.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

I'm going to hold Vice Presidency, Senate seat and post of AG at one time, and with such power, nobody can stop me!

...and you probably shouldnt hold all three offices at once... just saying Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »

...and you probably shouldnt hold all three offices at once... just saying Tongue

I tried to change that so you could, but, alas! Sad
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »

I get to appoint someone.

Assuming he resigns the senate seat and not the vice presidency. Wink
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »

So who expects a right-wing surge at the midterms? Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »

Preliminary list of people who did not vote:

afleitch 
agooj
albaleman 
Arescan 
azmagic 
CalebR 
ColinW 
Cosmo Kramer 
CultureKing 
Daniel Adams 
Devilman88 
Earth 
electoraljew2 
Ernest 
Gren 
hcallega 
Holmes 
Iosif 
James Rivington 
Joe Republic 
justW353 
KyleGordon2016 
Lahbas 
Liberalkid 
Lunar 
MagneticFree 
Mart 
Mechaman 
Mike Keller 
Mquinn 
mrk 
Mr. Moderate 
olawakandi 
Peter 
phknrocket1k 
Progressive Realist 
rebel_libertarian 
Republican95 
Republitarian 
Rochambeau 
senseiofj324 
sg0508 
silent_spade07 
StatesRights 
tuckerbanks 
useful idiot 
Vosem 
Warren_E_Dodge 
wdecker1 
Xahar 
xavier110 
xfactor99 
yougo1000 
Zarn 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

So who expects a right-wing surge at the midterms? Smiley

Only JCPers gaming expectations.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 11:03:34 PM »

This election result and specifically the last few hours is very much like the end of Chrono Crusade, the clock ticks down and the two main characters die when the time runs out (which runs exactly concurrent with the sun setting completely in the horizon). 

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 11:07:25 PM »

Afleitch voted.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »

I fully expected a landslide loss. Right-wing seriously under-performed.

Exhibit A of the aforementioned gaming of expectations.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »

My race came down to literally one vote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »

I fully expected a landslide loss. Right-wing seriously under-performed.

Exhibit A of the aforementioned gaming of expectations.

I'm not gaming anything, actually. I seriously believed it. Half the reason I decided not to run myself was because I didn't want the time I ran for President to result in a loss. I didn't have high hopes for this. Color me very very pleasantly surprised.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies