DoFE - Northeast Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE - Northeast Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: DoFE - Northeast Elections  (Read 5419 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »

Oh, so now I get to go to fantasy jail?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »

When you produce fantasy anarchy, you betcha.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »

Given the comments of Chief Justice Spade, I have authorized the SoFE and AG to restore order in the Northeast elections.

Can't fezzyfestoon or Mr. Moderate just open the election booth?

At this point, the Northeast is in such a prolonged state of anarchy that I am entrusting the competent SoFE to sort things out quickly and effectively. The last thing I want is a botched election exacerbating the mess in the region.

This is a regional issue; why is the Secretary of FEDERAL Elections even involved?

Because your region can't even operate according to it's constitution?

What is so scary about the elections, Lib?

These are internal matters for the Northeast region; federal meddling is not required.

The constitution guarrants a little thing called a Democratic form of government. And the federal government, while normally abstaining, will not tolerate the regions failing to conduct an elections. Period.

The constitution guarantees a Democratic-controlled government? First I've heard of this.

The federal government has no business interfering with Northeastern affairs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sounds like a plan.

It's a federal system... the Federal Government has the right to ensure that elections are held in an appropriate manner.

I fully support the SoFA, the AG and the President in this. 
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »

So should we be voting in Rowan's voting booth? Also, didn't he resign, so he's not actually legally eligible to open up the voting booth?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »

Clear message: any political trolling around this case and denying citizens a proper election, as persrcibed by both Northeastern and Federal law, won't go without an action from Government. Period.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

I don't think I can officially resign without an official proclamation, so I think you intervened way too early and frankly, illegally.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »

I don't think I can officially resign without an official proclamation, so I think you intervened way too early and frankly, illegally.

Regardless of whether you resigned, you essentially abdicated your responsibilities for months now.

There are also no rules about how resignations must take place, so a statement of "I resign" will likely be upheld by the Court.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »

Regardless of whether you resigned, you essentially abdicated your responsibilities for months now.

Regardless, that is none of the business of the federal government.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »

You should been acting like a responsible person, none of this would happen.

Blame your trolling.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »

Feel free to challenge that in court. I'm not in the business of allowing institutional failure to endure.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »

Unless Rowan resigned in the "proper place" he is still Governor (NE law would be very informative in this matter). Thus his booth should be legal (albeit late) and the actions of PS, Teddy and the like are completely illegal. Thats my take on the matter as of now. 

Here we go again with Rowan and "did he resign or didn't he?" Wink Well its just about a year so great timing. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »

Lately, you've been really good at screwing people over.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »

Unless Rowan resigned in the "proper place" he is still Governor (NE law would be very informative in this matter). Thus his booth should be legal (albeit late) and the actions of PS, Teddy and the like are completely illegal. Thats my take on the matter as of now. 

Here we go again with Rowan and "did he resign or didn't he?" Wink Well its just about a year so great timing. Tongue

"Proper place" is ill-defined.

His resignation is not as important as the fact that, until he opened the booth, the region was in such a state as it could be determined that the Forum Affairs Reform Act allowed the SoFE to intervene. I will leave this at the discretion of the SoFE now as to how to proceed, as a booth (of questionable legality) is open, and a second booth could create confusion.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »

I wonder if this might help anything.

From Article Four of the New Northeast Constitution
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »

Nothing like a little controversy to break the monotony of this game.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »

To avoid the possibility of a "Atlasia Vs Rowan" civil war, I do hearby endorse his voting booth as valid and encourage all NE citizens to vote in said booth.

On a personal note, I'd have appreciated it if he would have responded to my PM from last night.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »

Nothing like a little controversy to break the monotony of this game.

You're trying really hard to exceed your idol, you're worshiping so hard in your display name, as Atlasia most notorious troll Roll Eyes
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »

To avoid the possibility of a "Atlasia Vs Rowan" civil war, I do hearby endorse his voting booth as valid and encourage all NE citizens to vote in said booth.

On a personal note, I'd have appreciated it if he would have responded to my PM from last night.

Actually, I didn't notice that I had a PM. I would have responded. Don't take it personally.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »

>.<

Regardless, we managed to avoid this without civil war! (see my letter in TPTTAA) Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »

Luckily, Northeast is soon going to elect a competent Governor.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »

PMing Rowan is one of those "faith based intiatives". Wink

You have take it on faith that he will notice and respond. Marokai is the same way or atleast was that way for a long time.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »

Yes, the Populares will soon be taking back the Governor's Mansion after this failed experiment.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »

"Proper place" is ill-defined.

His resignation is not as important as the fact that, until he opened the booth, the region was in such a state as it could be determined that the Forum Affairs Reform Act allowed the SoFE to intervene. I will leave this at the discretion of the SoFE now as to how to proceed, as a booth (of questionable legality) is open, and a second booth could create confusion.

If not in law, then it should be based on precedent (which would likely be a public pronouncement of some kind.). A random statement of frustration or anger in a thread doesn't or atleast shouldn't be recognized as an "official" resignation. I would suggest this be clarified by the NE Assemby except....
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »

Yes, the Populares will soon be taking back the Governor's Mansion after this failed experiment.

This time, I'm very on favor of your candidate.

Under Han such crap would never happen.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

I'm amazed by this. The Northeast Region dithers and does absolutely nothing for a month or more and doesn't even have a functioning legislative assembly for most, if not all, of that time, and when people finally try to run something as basic as a voting booth for them, some of you get all high and mighty and whine about your rights being infringed upon.

As far as my humble opinion can tell, nothing illegal has been done here on the side of the Administration. Hell; we acted according to the Chief Justices' personal opinion.

The CJO did nothing. The Lt. Governor hasn't taken any action (though he shouldn't have to). The Governor didn't take any action until we decided to step in and force his hand, and when he had the ability to do something, he resigned and threw in the towel. The Assembly couldn't do anything. After all that jazz with a state of emergency on top we certainly had every authority to step in.

We hardly jumped the gun here folks. This problem went on for weeks upon weeks and responsibility is shared by several people. We stepped in as a last resort as we should, but we certainly had the right.

I wouldn't trust this region to run a lemonade stand at the moment. And if any of you actually think we overstepped our authority and want to sue our Administration? Then I'll see you in a courtroom myself.

Whether Purple State and Kalwejt decide to sue Rowan, I'll leave up to them. All I care about is getting this region to have a functioning government and voting booth. Is that such a radical request?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies