New York: Newsday Endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York: Newsday Endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York: Newsday Endorsements  (Read 778 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »

Hey all. Since I am in college now, I am unable to access Newsday's newspaper in its full extent, it will not take my ISP because I am now in DC.

Can someone post me Newsday's 2010 endorsements? I'd really appreciate it.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:58:48 PM »

Their crap is behind a paywall, the only one that actually states the endorsement in the headline is Cuomo for Governor.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 05:46:40 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 07:03:39 PM by cinyc »

Their crap is behind a paywall, the only one that actually states the endorsement in the headline is Cuomo for Governor.

You'd think the brain surgeons at Newsday would want their in-house editorials known to the whole world and not stick them behind a pay wall.  But that's exactly what you expect from a newspaper owned by one of the worst-run cable systems in the US.  As one of Newsday's reporters said after the paper was sold, Newsday is the free newsletter that comes with subscribing to Cablevision.

Sorry, I can't help you much either.  I'm pretty sure they endorsed Bishop in NY-01.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »

You'd think the brain surgeons at Newsday would want their in-house editorials known to the whole world and not stick them behind a pay wall.  But that's exactly what you expect from a newspaper owned by the worst-run cable systems in the US.  As one of Newsday's reporters said after the paper was sold, Newsday is the free newsletter that comes with subscribing to Cablevision.

Sorry, I can't help you much either.  I'm pretty sure they endorsed Bishop in NY-01.

If you do a google search, you can find a few of the endorsements.   Bishop did get the endorsement from Newsday

Here is part of the article on the endorsement (Bishop's website has the full article)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bishopforcongress.com/news.cfm

In doing a little search they did endorse all five Incumbent Congressman.

Can't find the link now, but I did see something that newsday  endorsed Lee Zeldin over Brian Foley in the State Senate
xavier110
United States
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 09:06:18 PM by xavier110 »

They nearly always endorse the incumbents. This year is no exception. They did endorse a few Republicans running against Democratic incumbents for the state assembly.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

They nearly always endorse the incumbents. This year is no exception. They did endorse a few Republicans running against Democratic incumbents for the state assembly.

Not that its remotely competitive anyway, but I know they have been critical (and deservingly so) about my Assemblyman, Republican Joe Saladino, do you know if they endorsed him or did they endorse Democrat, Kevin Gorman?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »

Not that its remotely competitive anyway, but I know they have been critical (and deservingly so) about my Assemblyman, Republican Joe Saladino, do you know if they endorsed him or did they endorse Democrat, Kevin Gorman?

Saladino.

"Gorman seems to know the issues, but he didn't make a compelling case for expanding an already too-large Democratic majority in the Assembly."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies