Office of IDS Emperor PiT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Emperor PiT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 36105 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

In light of the tragic demise of former IDS Legislator Darth Svensson, I hereby order that all buildings & offices of the Imperial government fly their flags at half-staff for the next 24 hours.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »

Is there going to be a state memorial service? Like they did with Andrew Ct?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

Is there going to be a state memorial service? Like they did with Andrew Ct?

I think that such a service should be held on the regular board. After all, this is not the only region that he had ever been a citizen of, so I don't think we should monopolize the proceedings.

To answer your question, I don't know. I don't think that I am the person best suited to conduct such a service. Rather, it should be somebody like FallenMorgan or wormyguy, who had associated more closely with Svensson.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »

What happened to Sven?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 01:10:10 AM »

He flew off the handle & got banned. Granted he requested that he be banned, but it was all so sudden & unexpected. It was the Atlas equivalent of suicide-by-cop.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »

He flew off the handle & got banned. Granted he requested that he be banned, but it was all so sudden & unexpected. It was the Atlas equivalent of suicide-by-cop.
Wow, I totally missed that.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »

Just so you all know, you're really lucky to have PiT as Emperor. The updates he's made to the Wiki has simply been phenomenal, go look for yourself if you don't believe me. He's really moving this region in the right direction.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2011, 06:12:34 PM »

Just so you all know, you're really lucky to have PiT as Emperor. The updates he's made to the Wiki has simply been phenomenal, go look for yourself if you don't believe me. He's really moving this region in the right direction.

Thanks for the voice of confidence, Mr. President. I really appreciate it.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »

True! I have a wiki page now! Thanks PiT!
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »

True! I have a wiki page now! Thanks PiT!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2011, 04:32:05 AM »

On the subject of the idea that was pitched to involve the Legislature in the amendment process, I think this should take care of it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thoughts?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2011, 08:47:29 AM »

I don't see a problem with it; I'll put in the legislature.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 09:16:15 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2011, 10:24:52 AM by Emperor PiT »

Someone please propose:

Southern Symbols Omnibus Bill

1. To serve as representative icons of the Imperial Dominion of the South, shall the Imperial Dominion of the South adopt:

(a) the mockingbird as the Regional bird;
(b) the longleaf pine as the Regional tree;
(c) the magnolia blossom as the Regional flower;
(d) the quartz crystal as the Regional gemstone.;
(e) “Dixie” as the Regional Song;
(f) The Deer as the Regional Mammal; 
(g) Milk as the Regional Beverage;
(h) The Bowie Knife as the Regional Historic Artifact;
(i) Alvin York as the Regional Historic Figure;
(j) Gone With the Wind as the Regional Historic Novel;
(k) The Space Shuttle as the Regional Historic Spacecraft;
(l) Graniteville as the Regional Historic Textile Manufacturer;
(m) Kitty Hawk as the Regional Historic Town;
(n) Kings Mountain, North Carolina as the Regional Historic site of the American Revolution;
(o) The Battle of Chalmette, (aka) the Battle of New Orleans, as the Regional Historic site of the War of 1812;
(p) The Alamo as the Regional Historic site of the Texas Revolution;
(q) The Vicksburg National Military Park as the Regional Historic site of the Civil War;
(r) Fort Texas as the Regional Historic site of the Mexican-American War; and
(s) The Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama as the Regional Historic site of WWII.

2. The following initiatives are hereby repealed:

(a) 3. Southeast Symbols Initiative
(b) 34. Southeast Historic Symbols Initiative
(c) 36. Southeast Military History Symbols Initiative
(d) 51. Southeast Symbols III Initiative

Private School Administration Rights Bill

1. The Drug-Testing Free Region Initiative shall only apply to secondary schools and colleges that receive funding from any level of government, except through financial aid to students.

Abortion Rights for Minors Bill

1. The Parental Consent Initiative is hereby repealed.

Sexual Rights Bill

1. The Necrophilia (Penetration of a Corpse) Criminalization Initiative is hereby repealed.

To round it off with something slightly radical...credit for the bill goes to Speaker wormyguy of the Northeast Assembly:

Self-Ownership Bill

1. All persons are defined as the sole owners of their bodily organs.

2. Any non-minor person who has not been deemed mentally incompetent by a judge shall be allowed to sell their non-essential organs (such as the kidneys, skin, and spleen) to others.

3. Any organ removal surgery must be performed under standard levels of anesthesia and cleanliness by a licensed surgeon.

4. The surgeon must inform the donor of the potential risks of organ removal surgery.

5. All donors must be blood-tested for diseases transmittable through organ donation surgery.

6. A surgeon may, at his or her own discretion, declare a person mentally incompetent for the purposes of selling his or her bodily organs.

7. Unlawfully coercing a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 60 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $50,000.  Attempting to unlawfully coerce a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 30 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $25,000.

8. Persons with valid organ donor cards shall be eligible for a $500 yearly tax credit.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »

Wow!  Those all came out of nowhere.  I will propose the Southern Symbols Omnibus Bill and then make some amendments to it in a minute.  I also don't have a problem with the Private School Administration Rights Bill and will propose it.

However, I am not touching the Abortion Rights for Minors Bill or the Sexual Rights Bill.  Unless GPORTER or tb75 want minors to be able to get abortions without the knowledge of their parents and/or want citizen to be able to sexually defile dead bodies, neither of those bills will be going anywhere this session. 

The Self-Ownership bill is unnecessary and opens up a whole new can of worms.  If people want to give someone else an organ they will donate it.  This sets up a precedent for human clones as organ donors and opens up a whole new field of human trafficking.  No, no, NO!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »

Oh yeah, you need to sign the last bill we passed into law (unless of course you want it to become law by default, assuming our Constitution has that provision).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »

Human cloning is already illegal in the IDS, though. Tongue At any rate I did not really expect all of the bills to be picked up, though I think it's good to put them out there.

You're talking about the Legislative Powers Amendment, right? I put it up to a vote in the regional elections. The vote in the Legislature was strictly symbolic, as the purpose of the amendment is to involve the Legislature in the amendment process in the first place.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »

Human cloning is already illegal in the IDS, though. Tongue At any rate I did not really expect all of the bills to be picked up, though I think it's good to put them out there.

You're talking about the Legislative Powers Amendment, right? I put it up to a vote in the regional elections. The vote in the Legislature was strictly symbolic, as the purpose of the amendment is to involve the Legislature in the amendment process in the first place.
Oh yeah, right. 

As it happens, I liked everything in the symbols omnibus so, if all of the Sith agree, we can move through that quickly.

On another note, would you check the budget thread?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2011, 04:36:25 AM »

Congratulations to all those elected to the 8th Legislature & condolences to those defeated, including Darth Gporter. While we still have a long way to go, this was the most competitive election the Imperial Legislature has seen yet.

As an issue that AG Brandon H brought up to me late last month, the Constitution was actually amended so that the date that the new Emperor & Viceroy swear in coincides with the date that federal officers swear in. The Constitution is however mum on the date of swearing in for other offices.

Since regular federal elections never coincide with elections to the regional Legislature, I am of the opinion that we should maintain the tradition of newly elected Darths swearing in immediately after the election. I would like to know the opinions of my subjects, however. Thoughts?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal.  I'll go swear in....
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »

I'll go ahead and swear in too
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »

The regional statute is now officially up-to-date.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »

The regional statute is now officially up-to-date.
Cheesy:D:D
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2011, 12:24:53 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2011, 12:27:38 AM by Emperor PiT »

Whereas; the Dirty South Wiki Update Act was passed into law on November 1, 2008 calling for a commission to be appointed to maintain the Wiki;

Whereas; no Governor of the Southeast nor Emperor of the Imperial Dominion of the South has appointed any citizen to serve on this commission pursuant to this act;

Whereas; any law passed by the citizens or by the Legislature of this region should have purpose, should be respected, and should be treated as bearing its due force of law;

Therefore; I hereby appoint myself to this commission, to serve thereupon until such a time that I or any future holder of this office shall see fit to revoke the granted commission.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »

Omnibus Maintenance Bill

1. The Emperor of the Imperial Dominion of the South shall have the authority to, by executive order, grant Omnibus status to or remove Omnibus status from any bill or initiative passed into law in the Imperial Dominion of the South.

2. Any bill or initiative that is passed into law amending a law accorded Omnibus status (hereinafter Omnibus law) shall, in addition to being recorded in a Wiki article of its own, be incorporated into the text of the Wiki article of the amended Omnibus law.
   a. The Emperor shall have the authority to, by executive order, declare any bill or initiative passed into law to be an amendment to an Omnibus law or, likewise, declare any bill or initiative passed into law to be unrelated to an Omnibus law.
   b. Any citizen of the region shall have the right to appeal any order issued by the Emperor pursuant to Section 2, Clause a of this bill to the regional Magistrate for judicial review.

3. In the Wiki article of any Omnibus law, there shall exist a link to a forum post or Wiki article including the original version of the law.

4. Should any Omnibus law have its Omnibus status removed pursuant to Section 1 of this bill, the original text of the law, as linked to pursuant to Section 3 of this bill, shall supplant the amended text, if any difference between the two versions should exist, in the Wiki article of the formerly Omnibus law in question.

Amendment Repealing Useless or Superseded Amendments to the Southeast Constitution, mk. II

The following Initiatives/Amendments to the Southeast Constitution are hereby repealed:
  • Amendment to the Southeast Constitution on Amendment Procedure (54)
  • Amendment to the Southeast Constitution on Amendment Process (94)
  • Amendment of Article I Section 9 (178)
  • Why The Need For Special Election Act? (206)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies