Office of IDS Emperor PiT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Emperor PiT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 35845 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »

Sweet, the Duke is here!

And I'm pretty sure the legislature is full, though PiT will need to appoint another Judicial Overlord.

That's what I was talking about, but are there any active citizens of the IDS who aren't currently in another office who could become said Overlord?
I'm sure PiT will think of something.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »

I hereby appoint Pingvin to fill the office of Judicial Overlord.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2012, 03:56:42 AM »

Yay!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »

Congratulations!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »

I didn't know I was already appointed! Sorry for my delinquent performance so far.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

I didn't know I was already appointed! Sorry for my delinquent performance so far.

S'all cool. Early or late, we're glad you made it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2012, 08:07:19 PM by IDS Co-Speaker SJoyceFla »

It is with great regret that I must say goodbye to the IDS Legislature.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

I hereby appoint HagridOfTheDeep to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »

Thanks PiT! Smiley I'll try to keep the GOP talking points to a minimum.

Look forward to working with everyone and hopefully learning a thing or two.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:44 AM »

Thanks PiT! Smiley I'll try to keep the GOP talking points to a minimum.

Look forward to working with everyone and hopefully learning a thing or two.

Congrats!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »

In light of the recent attack by federal agents on the Imperial Capital of Memphis, I hereby order that the appartuses of the Imperial government be temporarily relocated to currently free cities elsewhere in the South. For the sake of maintaining the continuance of order in the region against further interruption, I also order that the appartuses government be split among the different cities according to branch and organized by a relevant chief official

Executive, to Houston, as organized by Emperor PiT
Legislative, to Charleston, as organized by Imperial Speaker Yelnoc
Judicial, to New Orleans, as organized by Judicial Overlord Pingvin

At such a time that the federal agents shall withdraw from the Imperial Capital of Memphis, all apparatuses of the Imperial government shall return there with all due haste.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »

Coming off of the phone with our suppliers, I am pleased to announce that a supply of dibbles worth 25 billion Atlasian dollars has arrived safely at a secret location. I would like to thank my trusted sources for advance notice of today's invasion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:29 PM »

Emperor PiT addresses a crowd of over 30,000 citizens on the steps of Houston City Hall, flanked by the top brass of the Texas State Police branch of the IDS Regional Police

My new office has been set up here in the city of Houston, TX - home of the great Emperor who presided over the rebirth of our region. This is my vow to the people of the region, to maintain an air of normalcy, in these trying times.

While our capitals are still under the thumb of occupation, I will not suffer the suffering of our citizens there too. Some hours ago, the Attorney General notified us of his men seizing our region's assets. Such actions exist outside of the bounds of proper conduct, and the federal agents are ultimately tantamount to robbers.

As such, I direct the Regional Police across the regions to travel to their closest Capital and place the federal agents there located under arrest, for the crimes of armed robbery, breach of the peace, and trespassing. Furthermore, I plan to launch an investigation into the actions of these agents, with the intent of prosecuting any wrong committed against any citizen of this region to the fullest extent of the law.

With that said, let there be no mistake; the IDS Regional Police should avoid initiating bloody altercations with federal agents, for war is not my purpose. However, justice and self-governance by the people of this great region is.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »

In light of the notice that the Attorney General intends to file suit against this region, I am authorized by the Abolishment of Pointless Offices Bill to appoint a Special Prosecutor to defend the region in these proceedings.

As such, I hereby appoint Jbrase as Special Prosecutor for the Imperial Dominion of the South.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

As Governor of the neighbouring Mideast region I would like to express my solidarity with the government of the IDS in this matter. Show the federal government its place! Wink
If you need logistical support (e.g. a safe place to store your Dibbles) or anything else, let me know.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »

As Governor of the neighbouring Mideast region I would like to express my solidarity with the government of the IDS in this matter. Show the federal government its place! Wink
If you need logistical support (e.g. a safe place to store your Dibbles) or anything else, let me know.

I appreciate the gesture of support, fellow regional executive. Fortunately, it appears that the federal government will allow us to return to work with minimal disruption. Now, we await the court case.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

A question: What is the purpose of appointing a Special Prosecutor if we are the defendant in a case?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »

A question: What is the purpose of appointing a Special Prosecutor if we are the defendant in a case?

It's just what we decided to call it. The Special Prosecutor's only duty is to defend us in the case he is appointed for.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »

It's just what we decided to call it. The Special Prosecutor's only duty is to defend us in the case he is appointed for.
We'll have to amend the What's in a Name bill.  I'll go introduce something to the que.  In the mean time, I should probably figure out what is going on in the legislature...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40:22 PM »

We'll have to amend the What's in a Name bill.  I'll go introduce something to the que.  In the mean time, I should probably figure out what is going on in the legislature...

It should be the Abolishment of Pointless Offices Bill, actually.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2012, 04:47:58 AM »

I hereby appoint BritishDixie to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2012, 12:29:57 AM »

I hereby appoint SJoyceFla to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2012, 06:56:21 PM by Emperor PiT »

Emperor PiT greets the citizens of the South on the steps of the Imperial Capitol Building in Memphis, Tennessee.

Greetings, fellow Southerners. Today marks one year since the passage of the Trojan Act, establishing the existence of the dibble. As we have been made tragically aware, the Supreme Court has recently struck down the provisions of the Trojan Act providing for the existence of the dibble. They tell us that the dibble is a competing currency, illegal under the Constitution.

We may have lost this battle, but our resolve will see victory in this long and bitter war. We all remember the invasion by the agents of the federal government, forcing us from our capital. They thought they could cow us with their show of force, but they were wrong. Our people have already examined the Supreme Court's ruling and prepared a new law to account for the problems that the court identified with the Trojan Act. As I speak, the Imperial Legislature is voting on a bill to assure the continued existence of the dibble.

When we began with the dixie over three years ago, the competing currency was a controversial project of a strongly libertarian government. However, anyone can see that the existence of the dibble has treated our region well. After a year of its use, the regional economy still thrives, intact and strong. It is this senseless act of federal aggression against a peaceful exercise of regional authority that has united the Imperial Dominion of the South in solidarity. Today, the dibble is no longer a competing currency; it is now a symbol of the pride of every citizen in their region; the Dirty South.

Dave bless the Imperial Dominion of the South, and good night!

Emperor PiT leaves the podium and enters the Imperial Capitol Building to the enthusiastic applause of the crowd.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »

In over two years and 200 pages of discussion, our regional Legislature has seen many topics be discussed at length. Many of them have ended in the passage of well-written, fully-formed bills. Others have ended on the cutting room floor, due to burnout from an excessively lengthy debate or the presence of other pressing matters.

I have taken the time to resurrect and retool three recent bills so that we can begin discussing them anew, and hopefully mark our previous discussions as fruitful. Time is precious, and let none say that any chapter of our region's great history has been wasted.
---
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »

For some reason I'd be entirely happy to sponsor this one Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies