Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 09:47:02 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Office of IDS Emperor PiT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Print
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 16854 times)
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2012, 09:28:17 pm »
Ignore

Sweet, the Duke is here!

And I'm pretty sure the legislature is full, though PiT will need to appoint another Judicial Overlord.

That's what I was talking about, but are there any active citizens of the IDS who aren't currently in another office who could become said Overlord?
I'm sure PiT will think of something.

You're Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:04 am »
Ignore

I hereby appoint Pingvin to fill the office of Judicial Overlord.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT

IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2012, 03:56:42 am »
Ignore

Yay!

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2012, 08:28:03 am »
Ignore

Congratulations!

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »
Ignore

I didn't know I was already appointed! Sorry for my delinquent performance so far.
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:00 am »
Ignore

I didn't know I was already appointed! Sorry for my delinquent performance so far.

S'all cool. Early or late, we're glad you made it.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »
Ignore

It is with great regret that I must say goodbye to the IDS Legislature.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:07:19 pm by IDS Co-Speaker SJoyceFla »Logged

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2012, 12:37:10 am »
Ignore

I hereby appoint HagridOfTheDeep to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:53 am »
Ignore

Thanks PiT! Smiley I'll try to keep the GOP talking points to a minimum.

Look forward to working with everyone and hopefully learning a thing or two.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:44 am »
Ignore

Thanks PiT! Smiley I'll try to keep the GOP talking points to a minimum.

Look forward to working with everyone and hopefully learning a thing or two.

Congrats!

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »
Ignore

In light of the recent attack by federal agents on the Imperial Capital of Memphis, I hereby order that the appartuses of the Imperial government be temporarily relocated to currently free cities elsewhere in the South. For the sake of maintaining the continuance of order in the region against further interruption, I also order that the appartuses government be split among the different cities according to branch and organized by a relevant chief official

Executive, to Houston, as organized by Emperor PiT
Legislative, to Charleston, as organized by Imperial Speaker Yelnoc
Judicial, to New Orleans, as organized by Judicial Overlord Pingvin

At such a time that the federal agents shall withdraw from the Imperial Capital of Memphis, all apparatuses of the Imperial government shall return there with all due haste.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »
Ignore

Coming off of the phone with our suppliers, I am pleased to announce that a supply of dibbles worth 25 billion Atlasian dollars has arrived safely at a secret location. I would like to thank my trusted sources for advance notice of today's invasion.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »
Ignore

Emperor PiT addresses a crowd of over 30,000 citizens on the steps of Houston City Hall, flanked by the top brass of the Texas State Police branch of the IDS Regional Police

My new office has been set up here in the city of Houston, TX - home of the great Emperor who presided over the rebirth of our region. This is my vow to the people of the region, to maintain an air of normalcy, in these trying times.

While our capitals are still under the thumb of occupation, I will not suffer the suffering of our citizens there too. Some hours ago, the Attorney General notified us of his men seizing our region's assets. Such actions exist outside of the bounds of proper conduct, and the federal agents are ultimately tantamount to robbers.

As such, I direct the Regional Police across the regions to travel to their closest Capital and place the federal agents there located under arrest, for the crimes of armed robbery, breach of the peace, and trespassing. Furthermore, I plan to launch an investigation into the actions of these agents, with the intent of prosecuting any wrong committed against any citizen of this region to the fullest extent of the law.

With that said, let there be no mistake; the IDS Regional Police should avoid initiating bloody altercations with federal agents, for war is not my purpose. However, justice and self-governance by the people of this great region is.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2012, 12:05:50 am »
Ignore

In light of the notice that the Attorney General intends to file suit against this region, I am authorized by the Abolishment of Pointless Offices Bill to appoint a Special Prosecutor to defend the region in these proceedings.

As such, I hereby appoint Jbrase as Special Prosecutor for the Imperial Dominion of the South.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:48 am »
Ignore

As Governor of the neighbouring Mideast region I would like to express my solidarity with the government of the IDS in this matter. Show the federal government its place! Wink
If you need logistical support (e.g. a safe place to store your Dibbles) or anything else, let me know.
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »
Ignore

As Governor of the neighbouring Mideast region I would like to express my solidarity with the government of the IDS in this matter. Show the federal government its place! Wink
If you need logistical support (e.g. a safe place to store your Dibbles) or anything else, let me know.

I appreciate the gesture of support, fellow regional executive. Fortunately, it appears that the federal government will allow us to return to work with minimal disruption. Now, we await the court case.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »
Ignore

A question: What is the purpose of appointing a Special Prosecutor if we are the defendant in a case?

You're Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2012, 12:34:19 am »
Ignore

A question: What is the purpose of appointing a Special Prosecutor if we are the defendant in a case?

It's just what we decided to call it. The Special Prosecutor's only duty is to defend us in the case he is appointed for.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2012, 06:51:07 pm »
Ignore

It's just what we decided to call it. The Special Prosecutor's only duty is to defend us in the case he is appointed for.
We'll have to amend the What's in a Name bill.  I'll go introduce something to the que.  In the mean time, I should probably figure out what is going on in the legislature...

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40:22 pm »
Ignore

We'll have to amend the What's in a Name bill.  I'll go introduce something to the que.  In the mean time, I should probably figure out what is going on in the legislature...

It should be the Abolishment of Pointless Offices Bill, actually.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2012, 04:47:58 am »
Ignore

I hereby appoint BritishDixie to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2012, 12:29:57 am »
Ignore

I hereby appoint SJoyceFla to fill the vacant seat in the Imperial Legislature.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:46 pm »
Ignore

Emperor PiT greets the citizens of the South on the steps of the Imperial Capitol Building in Memphis, Tennessee.

Greetings, fellow Southerners. Today marks one year since the passage of the Trojan Act, establishing the existence of the dibble. As we have been made tragically aware, the Supreme Court has recently struck down the provisions of the Trojan Act providing for the existence of the dibble. They tell us that the dibble is a competing currency, illegal under the Constitution.

We may have lost this battle, but our resolve will see victory in this long and bitter war. We all remember the invasion by the agents of the federal government, forcing us from our capital. They thought they could cow us with their show of force, but they were wrong. Our people have already examined the Supreme Court's ruling and prepared a new law to account for the problems that the court identified with the Trojan Act. As I speak, the Imperial Legislature is voting on a bill to assure the continued existence of the dibble.

When we began with the dixie over three years ago, the competing currency was a controversial project of a strongly libertarian government. However, anyone can see that the existence of the dibble has treated our region well. After a year of its use, the regional economy still thrives, intact and strong. It is this senseless act of federal aggression against a peaceful exercise of regional authority that has united the Imperial Dominion of the South in solidarity. Today, the dibble is no longer a competing currency; it is now a symbol of the pride of every citizen in their region; the Dirty South.

Dave bless the Imperial Dominion of the South, and good night!

Emperor PiT leaves the podium and enters the Imperial Capitol Building to the enthusiastic applause of the crowd.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:56:21 pm by Emperor PiT »Logged

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2012, 12:55:01 am »
Ignore

In over two years and 200 pages of discussion, our regional Legislature has seen many topics be discussed at length. Many of them have ended in the passage of well-written, fully-formed bills. Others have ended on the cutting room floor, due to burnout from an excessively lengthy debate or the presence of other pressing matters.

I have taken the time to resurrect and retool three recent bills so that we can begin discussing them anew, and hopefully mark our previous discussions as fruitful. Time is precious, and let none say that any chapter of our region's great history has been wasted.
---

Revolutionary Bill No.1

1. The official motto of the Imperial Dominion of The South shall be Carpe Aquilonem.

2. The Imperial Standard of the IDS is:

3. The coat of arms of the Imperial House that controls the seat of the Emperor shall be placed in the upper left corner of the official IDS Imperial Standard, outlined in gold.

4. The Imperial Standard shall be hung in a prominent position on the walls of all offices, work areas, and barracks of the Imperial Guard.

Revolutionary Bill No.2
1. The militia of each state shall henceforth be known as the Southern Praetorum.

1a. Every state Militia shall receive an eagle standard which shall be made of steel and plated in silver, mounted upon a 5 foot wooden poll with a plaque under each eagle stating: "Deinceps viri meridiem!". (Forward men of the South!)

1b. The official colors of the Southern Praetorum shall be black and gold.

2. The IDS regional police shall henceforth be known as the Imperial Police

2a. The Imperial Police shall be responsible for enforcing the laws of the IDS at the regional level.

2b. Every state shall submit a number of State Police officers recognized for their skill and dedication, not less than 50 and not more than 300 per state, for the formation of the Imperial Peacekeepers.

2c. The Imperial Peacekeepers shall be recognized as the elite members of the Imperial Police.

2d. The Imperial Peacekeepers shall be trained to, when needed, form S.W.A.T. units of up to 15 Guardsmen to assist where needed.

Are Our Children Learning Bill
1.) TBA (Teacher Pay)

2.) In an attempt to minimize time spent away from education, and in recognition of the climate of the IDS, summer vacation shall be shortened to ten weeks, with an addition week off in November for Thanksgiving, two weeks off for Christmas and New Year's, two weeks off in March or April starting on Lazarus Saturday for Spring Break, a week off in February for President's Day, and a week off in October for Fall Break during the week of Columbus Day.

3.) After-school sports, performing arts, creative arts, and/or academic activities shall be supported by the government of the IDS through an increase in funding for such activities, designed to keep children active and thus away from criminal or delinquent behaviors.

a.) Additional funding for these activities shall come from a tax credit created for personal and corporate income taxes, allowing individuals/corporations to deduct a certain amount of income taxes to donate to education.
   b.) Individuals may deduct up to $500, couples filing joint returns may deduct up to $1000, and corporations may deduct up to $5000.

4.) Regardless of school district, if transportation can be arranged by the student or their family, children may be enrolled in any public school that has not reached maximum capacity for students.

5.) Magnet schools (defined as public schools with specialized courses or curricula) shall be established throughout the region as a draw for gifted, talented, or otherwise extraordinary students, in order to challenge these students academically. The Governor's Schools of Virginia shall serve as a model for this system.

6.) After-school tutoring shall be supported by the region for struggling students to bring them back up to grade level.

7.) Class size in schools shall not exceed a 25:1 student-teacher ratio for core academic subjects (including science, mathematics, English, foreign language, and social studies); class size shall not exceed a 35:1 student-teacher ratio for teachers not in those subject areas.

8.) Teachers shall first undergo a two-week-long observation period of several classrooms, then a three-month-period as a teacher's aide, then a year-long period as an "intern teacher", during which they shall be treated as a full teacher.

a.) After finishing the period as an intern teacher, evaluations of the teacher from parents, other teachers, and administrators shall be compiled in order to determine if the teacher should be hired.
   b.) Review of teacher performance shall be performed every five years after date of hiring to determine whether said teacher is still performing to an adequate standard.

9.) In order to teach, teachers must hold a bachelor's degree with a major in an area related to the field in which they wish to teach, or be National Board Certified. The region shall subsidize tuition for teachers studying for a higher degree related to their chosen field (such as a Master's or Doctorate). If a teacher has their tuition subsidized by the region, after attaining their degree, said teacher must teach for at least five continuous years at an IDS public school unless terminated by school district before that time.

10.) All schools shall have Internet and computer access to a level of 10:1 students per computer available for student use at least.

11.) Schools shall be reviewed by an engineering contractor in order to assess the integrity of the building upon request of the principal or 40% of teachers; in the event that the school is found to be inadequate infrastructure-wise, steps will be taken to either fix the problems or to create a new building.

12.) An independent textbook review board, comprised of shall be created to select standards for IDS textbooks and then select the most accurate textbook submitted by a textbook corporation.

a.) Said board shall be comprised of 35 members; each shall hold a Ph.D in one of seven different fields or other closely related fields, for five experts in each field. These fields shall be: math, physics, chemistry, biology, english, history, and political science.
   b.) A member may only rule on a textbook in that person's field of specialty.

13.) To graduate high schools, students shall be required to take at least three years of a useful foreign language at any level of their educational career or be able to prove proficiency in at least two languages. Such a language is defined here as: English (for non-English speakers), French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Italian, Malay, Chinese, Dutch, Persian, Romanian, Serbian, or Swahili (not all languages are available at all schools).

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2012, 06:07:05 am »
Ignore

Is Our Children Learning Bill

For some reason I'd be entirely happy to sponsor this one Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Print