Office of IDS Emperor PiT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:48:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Emperor PiT (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 36182 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 25, 2010, 02:00:17 AM »

Welcome to my office, in the court of the Imperial Palace. We're throwing an office-warming party, so I'm buying pizza for everyone in the office. Comments & questions are welcome.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »

Congrats.  Now the question is, who will take your old office?

I am currently deciding on that, as well as the vacancy in the Lord of Darkness's office.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 01:20:42 PM »

Before the announcement, which will come late today or tomorrow, I would like to give an official shout out to our acronymical brother, Iain Duncan Smith. Do the IDS name proud!

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

Would your Imperial Majesty accept this humble gift?

My thanks to the Senator-elect from the Midwest for this courteous present.

Is it not time for you to modify your sig to remove the mention of your "prognostication failure"?

Yes, you are quite correct. I will do so shortly.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »

I'd like to introduce a bill to restore the South to its roots. How do I go about doing that?

You can petition for it along with one other citizen of the region, or get a Legislator to introduce it, or get me to introduce it. Anyway, your bill would come after the Federal Election Agent Act in the Legislature docket.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 06:39:47 PM »

I'd like to introduce a bill to restore the South to its roots. How do I go about doing that?

You can petition for it along with one other citizen of the region, or get a Leigslator to introduce it, or get me to introduce it. Anyway, your bill would come after the Federal Election Agent Act in the Legislature docket.

With one of my former allies back in the Governor's Plantation, it's time we threw it back to the old days. I hope I can rally enough support for this endeavor.

To be honest, I am not terribly enthused about this idea. We had brought the name back some time prior to changing it to our current name, yet nobody called it the Dirty South the second time around. If a bill comes across my desk that institutes that as a name for the region alongside the current name I'll sign it, but I don't have high hopes for it faring better than the Restore The Revolution Initiative.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »

Without further ado, here are my appointments:

To the vacant seat in the Legislature, I appoint SvenssonRS.

To the vacant office of Lord of Darkness, I appoint KS21.

To the vacant office of IDS Attorney General, I appoint MilesC56.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:25:45 PM »

My thanks for the appointment, your imperial majesty. Name and signature changes are soon to come for the occasion. Smiley

Nice to have an office to live in, now. I wondered if I was going to have to run campaigns out of my emergency hotel room. Tongue

This reminds me; does anyone remember the oath of office for Leigslators? I know we made a specific one for them. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »

Here is the oath:

"I, (name of Legislator), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the South East against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me Dave."

State it in the Legislature thread, & then we can move on to the process of electing the Second Speaker of the Imperial Legislature.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »

Within three hours of announcing my three appointments, all of them have sworn in to their various offices. In a region that has had difficulty getting active officeholders, I consider this a good start to my reign. Smiley

I would also like to thank my predecessor for bequeathing his pen/lightsaber unto me.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »

I would like to congratulate Darth Yelnoc on being elected to the office of Imperial Speaker, becoming the Second Speaker of the Legislature of our great empire.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »

Congratulations on your victory in the election, your majesty. I have ordered all the lower courts to sacrifice a goat in your honor.

Excellent, Overlord Dibble. The honor of these goats shall spur the Imperial Army to yet greater things. Evil
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »

Sorry guys. I fail at governing. Sad
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2010, 10:05:39 PM by Emperor PiT »

I believe that I shall open the voting booth at midnight CST tonight & allow 72 hours for voting. I am unclear as to whether it will be possible for any candidates to be included on the ballot, though, given the short timeframe. Thoughts on the matter?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »

Just putting this here because I don't know where else to put it: note that abaleman is not a registered Southeastern voter. Per the region-moving restrictions in Article V of the Federal Constitution he's still a resident of Minnesota until next April.

Thanks for the heads-up. It probably won't make a difference, but an accurate count would be good.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »

According to the Census Bureau, you moved into the Midwest on October 9th. Since a citizen cannot change regions within 180 days of their last change of region, it would not be possible for you to currently be registered in Mississippi.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

It says in the introductory thread for new members that you cannot move regions more often than once every 180 days. It's not as if this was a secret or anything.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:44 AM »

I would like to congratulate KS21 on being elected Lord of Darkness. I have high hopes for the Legislature to do great things with him back at the helm, this time officially.

With that in mind, the Legislative elections are due to commence in a week's time. This is a friendly reminder to all Legislators & other citizens who wish to run for the Legislature to declare, if they have not done so already.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

I can change it, though I tend to be rather busy these days. I'll try to get around to it sometime, though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »

Letting the great people of the Imperial Dominion know that there is currently a vote on a Constitutional Amendment. Please be sure to vote! Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »

I opened the voting booth for the Legislative elections.

The two incumbent legislators aside from the speaker had not declared their intention to run for re-election (I could have sworn that I saw a declaration from Deldem a while ago, but it evidently does not exist). On the other hand, Gporter & MilesC56 declared. Miles was actually appointed Attorney General in the interim, but he never revoked his declaration of candidacy, so I think I am legally obligated to include him on the ballot.

Anyway, are you planning on running for re-election, Darth Deldem & Darth Svensson? If so, please get in there & write yourselves in. If not, that's cool too.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 01:37:21 AM »

Alright, the amendment is up. I took the liberty of also changing "Secretary of Forum Affairs" to "Registrar General", as well as "Southeastern" to "Southern". That clause needs a bit of modernizing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:56 PM »

I hereby appoint Texasgurl to fill the vacant office of IDS Attorney General.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »

The voting booth for the December 2010 regional election is now open. I decided to add a little "(i)" to the name of each incumbent, as I do not believe that there is anything prohibiting me from doing so. Since all three offices are uncontested this time, I doubt it will make a difference, though feel free to complain if you dislike it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 03:07:25 AM »

The vote on the amendments suggested by Lord of Darkness KS21 is now open.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies