Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 27, 2017, 05:35:48 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderator: muon2)
| | |-+  Census population estimates 2011-2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: Census population estimates 2011-2019  (Read 31523 times)
cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2017, 07:22:59 pm »
Ignore

I want to see if the (until recently) fast-growing oil counties, like McKenzie and Williams, ND, have started to lose population or are just growing more slowly.
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:57 pm »
Ignore

I want to see if the (until recently) fast-growing oil counties, like McKenzie and Williams, ND, have started to lose population or are just growing more slowly.

Based on the state data it will be close.

Endorsements
New Jersey Governor: Not endorsing for the primary
Virginia Governor: Tom Perriello
Montana-AL: Rob Quist
Georgia-06: Jon Ossoff
muon2
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2017, 06:34:29 am »

It looks like they are losing:

North Dakota counties no longer top the list of fastest-growing counties by percentage change.

McKenzie County fell from second-fastest growing by percentage change to 2,858th.
Williams County fell from third to 3,105th.
Mountrail County fell from sixth to 2,375th.
Stark County fell from eighth to 3,103rd.

Where will you be for the Great American Eclipse?
cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2017, 08:06:57 pm »
Ignore

When do the county subdivision estimates come out?  June?
jimrtex
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2017, 08:24:37 pm »
Ignore

May.

Technically it is incorporated place and minor civil division (i.e. legal entities).
cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:06 pm »
Ignore

May.

Technically it is incorporated place and minor civil division (i.e. legal entities).

Great! 

Hopefully, I'll find the time to update the maps I made last year, like the 2014-2015 Percentage Change Map for those incorporated places, minor civil divisions (and CDPs?).
jimrtex
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2017, 10:16:42 pm »
Ignore

May.

Great! 

Hopefully, I'll find the time to update the maps I made last year, like the 2014-2015 Percentage Change Map for those incorporated places, minor civil divisions (and CDPs?).

Incorporated places only.

The American Community Survey does produce estimates for other census geography down to the Block Group level. The sampling used for the ACS is designed to produce statistically valid results for such small areas - if you use the 5-year sample. So for CDP's you could get an 2011-2015 estimate. Perhaps not so useful for population total, but useful for other social characteristics.

For small population cities (a couple of hundred) the census uses a higher sampling rate for the ACS.

The ACS also produces results for things like congressional districts and legislative districts. For some of these, you may be able to use one-year samples. The census bureau knows where their samples are from and they could produce estimates for a census block, but a 4-household sample for a block with 20 houses is not a very good sample, and would break confidentiality anyhow. But they can aggregate samples for larger areas. For example, they have produced CVAP estimates by race for various congressional district plans in Texas.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout