ID-01/02: Mason Dixon: Minnick's (D) lead down to 3, Simpson (R) strong
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:02:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  ID-01/02: Mason Dixon: Minnick's (D) lead down to 3, Simpson (R) strong
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ID-01/02: Mason Dixon: Minnick's (D) lead down to 3, Simpson (R) strong  (Read 1065 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »

ID-01:

44% Minnick (D)
41% Labrador (R)

ID-02:

67% Simpson (R)
17% Crawford (D)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/magicvalley.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/3/b4/307/3b4307d4-e0c0-11df-a4b6-001cc4c03286-revisions/4cc6644451284.pdf.pdf
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:08:50 AM »

Damn. Minnick now? Not that I'll exactly miss him if he's gone.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:19:15 AM »

Minnick has been reaming Labrador with negative ads and Labrador hasn't even been able to respond. Labrador tried to put some ads up on the air but they were taken down for being misleading. I'd honestly expect Minnick to have more than a 10 point lead in north Idaho. No one besides the most ardent teabaggers really knows who Labrador is besides as that "mexi looking guy who likes illegals". His signs are everywhere but no one likes him (this is from my canvassing/phonebanking knowledge).

Expect to see a big divide between Labrador's stomping grounds in Nampa and other Boise suburbs and the rest of the district.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »

His signs are everywhere but no one likes him (this is from my canvassing/phonebanking knowledge).

Not sure if you realize this, but Democratic campaigns don't have volunteers canvass or phone bank Republican voters. You're primarily set up to preach to the choir and boost turnout amongst the faithful, not win the hearts of the skeptics.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »

Minnick is probably my favorite Democrat, but Labrador is one of the best Republicans from a libertarian standpoint running this year, so that's good.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »

Is the caricature really true that northern Idaho is packed with folks trying to maximize their physical distance from persons of color?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »

His signs are everywhere but no one likes him (this is from my canvassing/phonebanking knowledge).

Not sure if you realize this, but Democratic campaigns don't have volunteers canvass or phone bank Republican voters. You're primarily set up to preach to the choir and boost turnout amongst the faithful, not win the hearts of the skeptics.
I'm not an idiot, in most states this is true. In Idaho, we phonebank just about everyone and canvass most people (anyone who is not a "Strong Republican" is game). This has everything to do with the fact that there are few Democrats here.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:14 PM »

Is the caricature really true that northern Idaho is packed with folks trying to maximize their physical distance from persons of color?
No, the only reason Labrador lost here during the primary is because he's from the Boise suburbs. It's important to remember that the whole state is devoid of minorities except for Natives and areas affected by the housing boom. Oh and agricultural areas, of course. Other than that there are next to none.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »

I heard a report somewhere some group within the tea party which had previously been backing Minnick, dropped their support of him and endorsed Labrador.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

I heard a report somewhere some group within the tea party which had previously been backing Minnick, dropped their support of him and endorsed Labrador.
If your talking about the Tea Party Express Minnick rejected their endorsement after some racist emails(I think that was it) came out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies