FL: Sink (D) breaks CNN debate rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Sink (D) breaks CNN debate rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL: Sink (D) breaks CNN debate rules  (Read 5084 times)
East Coast Republican

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »

I think Sink is going to win.

The polls seem to be in her favor.  Undecideds this late in the election will not show up to vote or vote for Rick Scott when his unfavorables are so high.

But that's not all.  Since I actually live here, I know Rick Scott gets nothing but negative press. Everywhere.  All day.  All the time.  Even talking to people I know, if they aren't voting for Sink they seem ashamed to admit they're voting for Scott.

Rick Scott wins with massive massive Republican turnout.  Massive.  Huge.  UNPRECEDENTED.  EVEN FOR 2010.

So yeah I think Sink is going to win.  Yeah I'm going out on a ledge so what?  I give her a 70% chance of winning or greater.

If Rick Scott wins I'll be shocked.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »

You're in denial.  Scott is a horrible candidate and he's less liked than Sink.  He's going to get blown out in Tampa.  You must know this.  It's true the only way Scott wins is if he gets lucky.

You don't even know how I'm voting yet you are so angry and defensive.  I think I know why-because you know what I'm saying is true.

To see you deny the state of affairs this way is pathetic.  Truly pathetic.  You're a slave to your candidate.  It's good to be a Conservative but not a slave to a politician and a highly questionable one at that.  Slave to a politician.  That's good for a 'I laugh because if I don't I'll cry' laugh.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »

You're in denial.  Scott is a horrible candidate and he's less liked than Sink.  He's going to get blown out in Tampa.  You must know this.  It's true the only way Scott wins is if he gets lucky.

You don't even know how I'm voting yet you are so angry and defensive.  I think I know why-because you know what I'm saying is true.

To see you deny the state of affairs this way is pathetic.  Truly pathetic.  You're a slave to your candidate.  It's good to be a Conservative but not a slave to a politician and a highly questionable one at that.  Slave to a politician.  That's good for a 'I laugh because if I don't I'll cry' laugh.

Conservatives are Social Communists, and therefore slaves. [/Einzige]
East Coast Republican

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »

You're in denial.  Scott is a horrible candidate and he's less liked than Sink.  He's going to get blown out in Tampa.  You must know this.  It's true the only way Scott wins is if he gets lucky.

You don't even know how I'm voting yet you are so angry and defensive.  I think I know why-because you know what I'm saying is true.

To see you deny the state of affairs this way is pathetic.  Truly pathetic.  You're a slave to your candidate.  It's good to be a Conservative but not a slave to a politician and a highly questionable one at that.  Slave to a politician.  That's good for a 'I laugh because if I don't I'll cry' laugh.

Conservatives are Social Communists, and therefore slaves. [/Einzige]

I think someone has an atlas forum posting crush on me Wink
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »

I think Sink will win too. I encourage you to vote for her, East Coast Republican.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 08:00:46 PM by East Coast Republican »

I think Sink will win too. I encourage you to vote for her, East Coast Republican.

Yeah I've never been this undecided on a race right down to the wire.  I trust her integrity and hard work.  I've just been so screwed over by two people (including a Democrat) that I voted for in 2006 that I'm shell shocked and find it hard to fully trust people of the other party running for higher office ESPECIALLY since I voted for a blue dog democrat who turned out to be not so conservative.

Alex Sink says she's a conservative.  That's great.  My only big issue with her is how she'll fund the high speed rail being built in FL should the Govt not come through with the 40 million more or so we need without passing the costs off to Floridians.  Hmm yeah that's about it really.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 12:27:14 AM »

She says she's a conservative? Eww.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »

She described herself as a fiscal conservative.  On social issues, Sink is mainstream Democratic.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »

Go ahead and vote for her ECR, we'll get a state income tax in all likelihood with her.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 06:50:18 AM »

No surprise you were let down by a "moderate". Most of them are complete frauds and shills once elected. But you deserve what you vote for I suppose.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »

Go ahead and vote for her ECR, we'll get a state income tax in all likelihood with her.

What share of the approximately 2/3 of the legislature that is R is going to vote for an income tax?

It's like having a R governor in Massachusetts, she'll flounder and get frustrated and either leave office or lose for reelection after winning a symbolic battle on some small issue.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »

Yeah I've never been this undecided on a race right down to the wire.  I trust her integrity and hard work.  I've just been so screwed over by two people (including a Democrat) that I voted for in 2006 that I'm shell shocked and find it hard to fully trust people of the other party running for higher office ESPECIALLY since I voted for a blue dog democrat who turned out to be not so conservative.

Alex Sink says she's a conservative.  That's great.  My only big issue with her is how she'll fund the high speed rail being built in FL should the Govt not come through with the 40 million more or so we need without passing the costs off to Floridians.  Hmm yeah that's about it really.

You want Florida to lose its nice little GOP gerrymandered Congressional map come 2011? That might cost the GOP like 6 seats dude (unless the GOP in the legislature has enough votes to override)!
East Coast Republican

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »

There will never be a state income tax here since Republicans dominate the legislature.  If there was any risk at all of a state income tax, I'd definitely be voting for Scott.

What share of the approximately 2/3 of the legislature that is R is going to vote for an income tax?

It's like having a R governor in Massachusetts, she'll flounder and get frustrated and either leave office or lose for reelection after winning a symbolic battle on some small issue.

That's correct.

You want Florida to lose its nice little GOP gerrymandered Congressional map come 2011? That might cost the GOP like 6 seats dude (unless the GOP in the legislature has enough votes to override)!

The Governor does have veto power over Congressional Districts but there's a decent chance of Republicans actually obtaining veto proof majorities in each chamber.  Even if Republicans fail to get this, their numbers would force Sink to accept a compromise map-basically leaving the gerrymandered map we have now in place.  If the fair districts thing passes, that would eliminate the importance of whether FL has a Republican or Democratic governor since Republicans would be negatively affected by that.

I really have thought about the many angles of a Sink victory.  I'll make up my mind this weekend.  

No surprise you were let down by a "moderate". Most of them are complete frauds and shills once elected. But you deserve what you vote for I suppose.

I'm talking about Bill Nelson by the way.  You really should calm down.  Had this election been 4 years ago, I wouldve voted for Sink by now.  I'm much less willing to reflexively vote for so-called conservative democrats anymore-mainly because of Bill Nelson........and Charlie Crist.  I like to see real substance to people before I vote for them.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 02:24:33 AM »

Why Alex Sink is kind of awesome: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/video-alex-sink-dances-girl-so-dangerous-rally
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »

lol. White girl dancing fail. Good effort though.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »

Did you know she is the descendant of the famous Chinese siamese twins?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »

Was it the HTC Desire? I have one of those. Fantastic phone.

It was a Motorolla Droid.

Sink is sunk.

It's not even on Fox website's and Drudge has it in a corner sandwiched by other nonsense.

I think you might be overstating it's effect just a tad.

Mark my words: There will be an ad made out of this, spliced in with other examples of Sink cheating.

was there?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »

I think I heard about a radio ad with it. "Did you hear about Alex Sink cheating in a debate? *gasp gasp*"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies