Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 04:37:57 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  MoveOn.org activist viciously attacks Rand Paul supporter's foot with her head
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: MoveOn.org activist viciously attacks Rand Paul supporter's foot with her head  (Read 2068 times)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:32 am »
Ignore

link
(thread title stolen from fark.com)

Josh Green flagged an incident that occurred outside of the Rand Paul-Jack Conway debate in Lexington, Kentucky Monday night that's already dominating the news in Kentucky and could easily make headlines nationally.

As the candidates arrived, a group of Paul supporters pulled a female MoveOn member to the ground and held her there as another Paul supporter stomped on the back of her head and neck.

According to the Louisville Courier Journal, "Lauren Valle of MoveOn.org approached Paul and tried to give him an "employee of the month award" from Republicorp...a fake business MoveOn created to symbolize what it says is the merger of the GOP and business interests controlling political speech."
Stay classy teabaggers!

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:07 pm »
Ignore

Lovely how the Rand campaign has taken on the fascist attribute of intimidating and forcibly removing and silencing dissenters at campaign and election events. 

The Tea Party is scary, that's for sure. 

Have you been to Oklahoma?! Roll Eyes To say that Oklahoma is better than NYC and Nantucket should be a criminal offense.

To say I despise Oklahoma would be the world's largest understatement. Even ISIS ranks higher than Oklahoma.
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »
Ignore

yeah.. I saw this video.  It's pretty disgusting seeing the fascist mob do these things.  If I were Rand Paul, I'd be absolutely disgusted with the things coming out of the woodwork to vote for him.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »
Ignore

The Tea Party - Bringing fascism to America since 2009.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:17:48 pm »
Ignore

Because this automatically means Tea Partiers are brownshirts.

Free Bradley Manning
Zarn
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:24:54 pm »
Ignore

Tim Profitt is the guy and is a former volunteer for Paul.

He claimed he was concerned about Paul's safety.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
Ignore

Also, at the same event, a Conway supporter stomped on the foot (in a surgical boot) of a Paul supporter who had just had foot surgery.  Classy.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 08:41:35 pm »
Ignore

Her incision was split open, as well.

Free Bradley Manning
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »
Ignore

Because this automatically means Tea Partiers are brownshirts.

Some are, like the thugs in this video.

Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »
Ignore

This is, of course, horrible, but it's clear that fascism has lost all meaning among forumites.

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »
Ignore

Isn't it funny how somehow Rand Paul as well as the entire tea party movement are somehow to blame for this? As if violence never occurred among crowds of people at political rallies before.

Just a few weeks ago some guy got violently assaulted for videotaping a speech by Oregon's Democratic governor. OMG John Kitzhaber is bringing fascism to America!!!!111

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:52:41 am by LunarCare »Logged
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 09:16:41 pm »
Ignore

Never mind the fact that most of the people whining about "fascism" here are supporters of the genuinely fascist policies of Barack Obama.

Most of them aren't even supporters of those policies, but instead make excuses for them like "GEORGE BUSH STARTED IT!" which is even more pathetic.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 10:27:12 pm »
Ignore

Expect more of this to come once the John Birch Party (d/b/a the Republican Party) takes power.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:27 pm »
Ignore

Expect more of this to come once the John Birch Party (d/b/a the Republican Party) takes power.

No. You have no idea what you are even talking about.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 10:33:02 pm »
Ignore

Yes I do. The Tea Party wing of the GOP is nothing more than a mix of the John Birch Society and Joseph McCarthy on steroids.
They're hateful, evil people.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 10:36:17 pm »
Ignore

As I've said before, I wish the GOP were like the John Birch Society, an organization with a consistently anti-war, pro-civil liberties, anti-corporate welfare agenda.  Unfortunately, it is nothing like that.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »
Ignore

Can't you teabaggers just admit that stomping on a woman's head is wrong without making excuses and throwing up straw-men all over the place? This isn't a very complicated issue here.

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 10:44:34 pm »
Ignore

Yes I do. The Tea Party wing of the GOP is nothing more than a mix of the John Birch Society and Joseph McCarthy on steroids.

I agree, the GOP still is too much like the Moderate Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy. Moderates are very dangerous.

However there is little connection today between the tea party and the John Birch Society.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 10:58:24 pm »
Ignore

Can't you teabaggers just admit that stomping on a woman's head is wrong without making excuses and throwing up straw-men all over the place? This isn't a very complicated issue here.

While that Paul volunteer perhaps used too much force restraining the accused felon who lunged at the candidate with a heavy metal object, whatever "excuses" might be used here pale compared to the bizarre behavior of you lefties trying to explain away much more troubling things about Conway.
jimrtex
YaBB God
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:59:18 pm »
Ignore

You're saying they are enemies of the state, and should be sent to re-education camps?
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22:18 am »
Ignore

While that Paul volunteer perhaps used too much force restraining the accused felon who lunged at the candidate with a heavy metal object, whatever "excuses" might be used here pale compared to the bizarre behavior of you lefties trying to explain away much more troubling things about Conway.

"Perhaps used too much force?" Stomping on an unarmed woman who had already been assaulted and thrown to the ground is "perhaps" excessive? It's debatable? Could the stomping have served some kind of purpose that I just don't understand? And what has Conway done that is more troubling than this?

See, you people whine about authoritarianism but deep down, so many of you love it! As long as your authoritarians are running the show, of course.  The borderline Jim Jonesesque obsession with the Paul family and their ilk on the part of "libertarians" is quite disturbing.  And please don't whine to me about freedom of speech any more if you think violently attacking a woman trying to express it is not as bad as Jack Conway talking about the Aqua Buddha or whatever.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 01:08:55 am »
Ignore

This is, of course, horrible, but it's clear that fascism has lost all meaning among forumites.

Lets see, an extremist right-wing political movement utilizing gangs of thugs to crush their opponents on the center and left.  It is fascist.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23:14 am »
Ignore

See, you people whine about authoritarianism but deep down, so many of you love it! As long as your authoritarians are running the show, of course. 

bingo.

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:18 am »
Ignore

See, you people whine about authoritarianism but deep down, so many of you love it! As long as your authoritarians are running the show, of course. 

bingo.

Projecting again, Lief?
Korwinist
ModernBourbon Democrat
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 05:36:13 am »
Ignore

"Perhaps used too much force?" Stomping on an unarmed woman who had already been assaulted and thrown to the ground is "perhaps" excessive? It's debatable? Could the stomping have served some kind of purpose that I just don't understand? And what has Conway done that is more troubling than this?

See, you people whine about authoritarianism but deep down, so many of you love it! As long as your authoritarians are running the show, of course.  The borderline Jim Jonesesque obsession with the Paul family and their ilk on the part of "libertarians" is quite disturbing.  And please don't whine to me about freedom of speech any more if you think violently attacking a woman trying to express it is not as bad as Jack Conway talking about the Aqua Buddha or whatever.

That was not a stomp on her face, it was a step on her shoulder. A stomp requires much more force.

If a "tea bagger" ran at Obama with a large metal object, I suspect you wouldn't complain at him/her being stopped along the way.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout