NJ-03/06: Monmouth: Pallone's lead evaporating; Adler's lead gone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:31:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  NJ-03/06: Monmouth: Pallone's lead evaporating; Adler's lead gone
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-03/06: Monmouth: Pallone's lead evaporating; Adler's lead gone  (Read 1084 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »

NJ-03 Topline:
Runyan (R) 48%
Adler (D-inc.) 43%

http://www.politickernj.com/42528/two-polls-show-3rd-district-race-closer-ever

NJ-06 Topline:
Pallone (D-inc.) 52%
Little (R) 45%

http://www.politickernj.com/42517/where-wild-things-are

Imagine if Republicans had nominated a credible candidate here with an ability to raise money and win over moderates!

No word on Siprelle/Holt, and whether the GOP made similar progress in that race.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »

I don't really know about Monmouth, but there seems to be a bizarre trend of Republicans surging in Congressional Districts across the country while struggling to hold their leads in Senatorial & Gubernatorial races.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2010, 04:01:38 PM by cinyc »

I don't really know about Monmouth, but there seems to be a bizarre trend of Republicans surging in Congressional Districts across the country while struggling to hold their leads in Senatorial & Gubernatorial races.

NJ-03 is an R+1 seat.  In how many R+1 or greater Senate races does the Republican candidate trail?  Zero.   Well, one, if you think West Virginia is close.  Republicans are struggling to hold their leads in races that are Even or Democratic-leaning.  Plus, Senate races are higher profile, so candidate quality matters more.

NJ-06 is a D+8 seat - and Pallone losing is a real stretch.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

NJ-03 is an R+1 seat.  In how many R+1 or greater Senate races does the Republican candidate trail?  Zero.   Well, one, if you think West Virginia is close.  Republicans are struggling to hold their leads in races that are Even or Democratic-leaning.  Plus, Senate races are higher profile, so candidate quality matters more.

So you mean to say that Republicans have been running weakly in the House compared to the Senate? I'm not sure why that would have happened, though it does make this trend make more sense.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:12:19 PM »

Good news Cheesy
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 04:14:30 AM »

NJ-03 is an R+1 seat.  In how many R+1 or greater Senate races does the Republican candidate trail?  Zero.   Well, one, if you think West Virginia is close.  Republicans are struggling to hold their leads in races that are Even or Democratic-leaning.  Plus, Senate races are higher profile, so candidate quality matters more.

So you mean to say that Republicans have been running weakly in the House compared to the Senate? I'm not sure why that would have happened, though it does make this trend make more sense.

No.  I'm saying that the Senate focus is generally on tightening in Republican takeovers in D+ states.  Most of the R+ state Senate contests aren't really close.  There's too much hand wringing about Senate races getting close in states that Republicans really shouldn't be close to winning in a normal election year.   CA?  D+7.  WA?  D+5.  WI?  D+2.  PA?  D+2.  etc.  A direct comparison would be to D+2 House districts, not R+1 House districts, like NJ-03.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies