The Irony Oremine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46]
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 125137 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 23, 2023, 12:41:20 PM »

Shelf depreciation humor rocks.

I never said I was attached to reality.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1126 on: November 29, 2023, 10:44:45 PM »

Did you have a lobotomy performed on you in the womb or something?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1127 on: December 07, 2023, 03:01:36 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1128 on: January 24, 2024, 02:36:52 AM »

To deny Biden's obvious cognitive decline is to be an irredeemable shill.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1129 on: February 04, 2024, 12:43:05 AM »

The irony of all this is that Disney isn’t making woke content.  What they do is a less-competently executed version of what Barbie did last year: insert only the most blandly inoffensive, corporate-friendly, and above all superficial kind of performative wokeness without actually touching genuinely progressive, feminist, or pro-diversity ideas with a 50 foot pole, at least not in an even remotely meaningful way (if at all). 

As others have noted, this is in the financial interest of both far-right Daily 15 minutes of hate internet grifters and the studios.  Clowns like Ben Shapiro get an easily recognizable property to whine about.  And folks like Landslide Lyndon get suckered into enthusiastically paying to see whatever generic slop gets tossed their way because it does the most superficial of pandering and makes the Trumpers mad.  It’s basically “wasting your money watching crap to own the cons”

It's hilarious that just because I said that all the hysterical criticisms about Marvel "destroying cinema" or about "The Last Jedi" being the worst movie in history are excessive hyperbole I suddenly became a hardcore Marvel/Disney fan.
It just shows once again that some people are so insecure that they consider even the slightest disagreement a personal affront.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1130 on: February 04, 2024, 05:40:14 AM »

The irony of all this is that Disney isn’t making woke content.  What they do is a less-competently executed version of what Barbie did last year: insert only the most blandly inoffensive, corporate-friendly, and above all superficial kind of performative wokeness without actually touching genuinely progressive, feminist, or pro-diversity ideas with a 50 foot pole, at least not in an even remotely meaningful way (if at all). 

As others have noted, this is in the financial interest of both far-right Daily 15 minutes of hate internet grifters and the studios.  Clowns like Ben Shapiro get an easily recognizable property to whine about.  And folks like Landslide Lyndon get suckered into enthusiastically paying to see whatever generic slop gets tossed their way because it does the most superficial of pandering and makes the Trumpers mad.  It’s basically “wasting your money watching crap to own the cons”

It's hilarious that just because I said that all the hysterical criticisms about Marvel "destroying cinema" or about "The Last Jedi" being the worst movie in history are excessive hyperbole I suddenly became a hardcore Marvel/Disney fan.
It just shows once again that some people are so insecure that they consider even the slightest disagreement a personal affront.

Please show me where I attacked somebody because he didn't agree with my opinion about a movie.
Thanks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1131 on: February 05, 2024, 07:35:26 AM »

Please show me where I attacked somebody because he didn't agree with my opinion about a movie.
Thanks.

I would, but it is against TOS to repost previously infracted posts.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1132 on: February 05, 2024, 08:17:33 AM »

I would, but it is against TOS to repost previously infracted posts.

Please don't lie. I looked them up back to 2018 and none of them was infracted for that reason.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1133 on: February 05, 2024, 10:25:15 AM »

Thanks.

Hahahahaha!!!

How old are you kid, eleven?

Took me maybe 50 seconds.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1134 on: February 05, 2024, 10:38:32 AM »

To do what?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1135 on: February 05, 2024, 10:43:16 AM »

Find the post. You're welcome.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1136 on: February 05, 2024, 10:45:57 AM »

But for a curious reason you neglected to retrieve the one I was answering to.
Wouldn't it be by any chance because it's embarrassing for you.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1137 on: February 05, 2024, 10:52:15 AM »

You can easily click on the link to see what we were discussing. I said that the original Star Wars movie objectively innovated more with special effects technology than the average Marvel movie, which is completely true. What is there to be embarrassed about?

At least acknowledge that I very easily found a post where you attacked someone for disagreeing with you about a movie.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1138 on: February 05, 2024, 10:59:25 AM »

You can easily click on the link to see what we were discussing. I said that the original Star Wars movie objectively innovated more with special effects technology than the average Marvel movie, which is completely true. What is there to be embarrassed about?

At least acknowledge that I very easily found a post where you attacked someone for disagreeing with you about a movie.

Opinion: Star Wars is a good movie
Fact: Mount Everest is the tallest mountain on earth standing at 8850m.

You are welcome.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1139 on: February 05, 2024, 11:20:37 AM »

Opinion: Star Wars is a good movie
Fact: Mount Everest is the tallest mountain on earth standing at 8850m.

You are welcome.

For the umpteenth time, this is irrelevant. I was making a factual statement about the degree to which the movie advanced filmmaking technology, not an argument about its quality. The fact that you continue to misunderstand this suggests either willful ignorance or some kind of language barrier.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1140 on: February 05, 2024, 11:32:44 AM »

The fact that you continue to misunderstand this suggests either willful ignorance or some kind of language barrier.

Maybe.
Or maybe it's because I'm not a teenage edgelord who has yet to grasp the difference between quantifiably measurable facts and opinions.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1141 on: February 05, 2024, 11:53:48 AM »

The fact that you continue to misunderstand this suggests either willful ignorance or some kind of language barrier.

Maybe.
Or maybe it's because I'm not a teenage edgelord who has yet to grasp the difference between quantifiably measurable facts and opinions.

Can you make a counterargument, or are you just going to keep saying "That's your opinion"? If what I said was factually inaccurate, you should have no trouble refuting it. Please, explain to me how Black Panther advanced cinematic technology more than Star Wars did. You have the floor.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1142 on: February 05, 2024, 11:56:57 AM »

I appreciate LL for providing us the necessary data points directly in the thread.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1143 on: February 05, 2024, 12:12:17 PM »

Can't repost it for the reason Mr. X cited, but I do definitely remember an infracted LL post consisting of him accusing John Dule of being an incel for not liking Marvel movies and comparing him to some random names who I'm sure that he like me has never even heard of, apparently they're YouTubers who also didn't like some Marvel movies and said some sexist things, so therefore everyone that hates Marvel is a misogynist just like them. Impeccable logic.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1144 on: February 05, 2024, 03:14:46 PM »

Lyndon has terrible opinions on both politics and film, but if he actually took the time to explain or defend them, he'd be much more tolerable.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1145 on: February 14, 2024, 12:39:49 PM »

The question is supposed to be open ended, which is obvious. As always, you are nowhere near as clever as you think you are.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1146 on: March 16, 2024, 10:03:24 PM »

All of these Republican Gentiles lining up to condemn a Jewish Senator’s criticism of Israeli’s current government = not a good look!

It's the principle of us not interfering with someone else's democracy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1147 on: April 05, 2024, 08:22:17 PM »

People are totally misinterpreting my comment, which is par for the course.

If people misinterpret your comments is “par for the course”, then you need to change the way you communicate.
The problem lies more on other people for failing to try to understand him in this context. Not enough specific questions too much presumption and assuming the worst of others.
"But it sounds like!" is generally stupidity as far as standard setting is concerned.

Is this your first day on the forum or something? This child has always been either blowing massive dog whistles or saying something deranged to get a rise out of people. Thinking there's some hidden meaning that can only be ascertained by playing 20 questions is ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies