The Irony Oremine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:11:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 126188 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »

Keep up the AMAZING posting, man.  The whole world isn't like whatever town you live in, in TN, where all Republicans are Bible thumpers who picture all Democrats as either minoroties or PhD holders on the coasts.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »

Keep up the AMAZING posting, man.  The whole world isn't like whatever town you live in, in TN, where all Republicans are Bible thumpers who picture all Democrats as either minoroties or PhD holders on the coasts.

Where did I say that I think that? It's just funny that someone who believes that a huge majority of Republican voters are pro free-trade, that Trump was a one-time thing or an 'outlier' and that the Republican Party of today has more appeal in a place like Orange County, CA than Elliott County, KY would call "Trumpists" (who make up a soild majority of your party) "delusional". It wasn't meant to be snarky or so.

And I'm not even from the South, but nice try.
If you're from Tennessee, you're from the south.  It was a traitor state in the War of the Great Southern Tantrum.
You mean the War of Northern Aggression?

The War of Stopping Southerners From Enslaving Human Beings?

Yeah, that one.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »

Keep up the AMAZING posting, man.  The whole world isn't like whatever town you live in, in TN, where all Republicans are Bible thumpers who picture all Democrats as either minoroties or PhD holders on the coasts.

Where did I say that I think that? It's just funny that someone who believes that a huge majority of Republican voters are pro free-trade, that Trump was a one-time thing or an 'outlier' and that the Republican Party of today has more appeal in a place like Orange County, CA than Elliott County, KY would call "Trumpists" (who make up a soild majority of your party) "delusional". It wasn't meant to be snarky or so.

And I'm not even from the South, but nice try.

I was using hyperbole to try to illustrate how annoying and unfounded the attitude you convey toward the Democratic Party is.  And I did not say ANY OF THOSE THINGS, due!  Literally, I did not say a single one.  I'll go ahead and definitively say, though, that yes: Trump is an outlier.  His appeal has to do with HIM (his followers, which is what they really need to be called, have demonstrated time and time again they don't have detailed policy views, they have an abstract anger and resentment; everything not related to that anger that Trump says is fine by them, they literally couldn't care less), and no one is going to replicate it afterwards.

As for the other two, if you can read, I clearly said elected Republican officials.  It is a fact that Republican elected officials are more supportive of free trade than Democratic elected officials, and I think that should be clearer than ever when a vast majority of Congressional Republicans supported a free trade deal that Obama supported when they've opposed his every move, regardless of whether or not it made sense (meanwhile, the vast majority of Congressional Democrats b*tchslapped him on TPA).  Those people haven't retired, and they won't just go along with whatever Trump says.  There is a reason Democrats came out and said they'd help Trump on spending bills and capping international trade; THEY SUPPORT THOSE IDEAS.  Good luck getting the Congressional GOP on board, they do still exist after all. 

As for the Eliot County, KY thing, whatever, dude.  The GOP has as at least as much in common with Williamson County, TN (you are aware of this place, right?), one of the wealthiest and most educated counties in the United States and a suburb of Nashville, which gave over 60% of the vote to Trump AND gave huge margins to downballot Republicans, too (something Eliot County, KY can't exactly say).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »

Tom, you've got a duplicate post there.

LOL, sorry/thanks.  My brain cells have been making a gracefully slow exit for the past several years.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:05:40 PM »

Good lord. When I showed Wulfric's statement to a friend of mine, he asked me why Atlas allows 5-year olds on this forum.

https://www.dailywritingtips.com/hang-hung-hanged/
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 02:34:26 PM »

More to the point, left-wing populism is the opposite of "undesirable".

Relevancy to the irony oremine?

I keep seeing this word. Shouldn't it be "relevance"?

I think they are both considered correct ... maybe it is like the word "toward" where enough people added a random S on the end for so long that the Dictionary folks said, " it."
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »

The third option is the only option compatible with human freedom and dignity.

How would a person ever choose what they want to be?

People choose who they are constantly. All life is a choice.

People make what we call "choices" based on a set of predispositions, circumstances, and values systems. Most decisions arrived at are thusly the result of preexisting factors or absurd chance. As such, I would say it's very inappropriate to claim people simply choose to behave certain ways. "Free will" is a hedonistic fantasy.

I'm simply not interested in your opinion on the subject. Sorry.

I'm not interested in yours, either.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »

Surely we use different definitions of "left" and "right," but LOL:
Of Course Goldwater/RINO Tom

Funny enough this election is basically the 1980 election if you reverse the dem ticket.
Goldwater and RINO Tom are both way to the left of both Reagan and Bush Sr.

I would vote Democrat.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 02:03:33 PM »

I'd give up on politics for a little while. It'd be clear to me at that point that the Democratic Party will never change in the way it should. Maybe I'll focus on local politics, see what I can do in Louisiana or Georgia regarding activism, but federal politics would be a sport I'd no longer want to spectate.

You’d be so dismayed by a president who supports single-payer that you’d stop caring about politics. You voted for Trump in a swing state. Why aren’t you a Republican again?
A neoliberal essentially calls someone (that person being an ancestral Democrat) a DINO. Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?
He doesn't support "liberalization" of the economy AFAIK.

Who?  SG or Heat?  SG is decidedly left on economic matters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »

That's not ironic, you're just bored and didn't have anything to say back.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »

Posted that a little too soon, genius.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »

Santander will you stop trying to get RINO Tom to leave the Republicans?  He's not going to join you people jeez.

I'm more concerned that he doesn't really seem to know what irony means ... all of his brain blood seems to be in his raging hardon he gets whenever there is the slightest opportunity to copy and paste one of my posts here, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 12:15:52 PM »

^ LOLOLOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 06:59:45 PM »

He’s right, though. There is no indication that IL and NH are going to become solid Republican states soon.

Your IL theory might be correct, but your NH one is horse hooey.

Why is this so important to you? You seem to obsessed with this.  Is it really that difficult to accept that not everyone believes NH is this libertarian, competitive, swingy paradise this forum makes it out to be?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies