Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 03:02:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2010 Elections
| | |-+  2010 House Election Polls (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | | |-+  The Hill: Longer-term Dems not doing much better either
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Hill: Longer-term Dems not doing much better either  (Read 2289 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:24:08 am »
Ignore

http://thehill.com/house-polls/thehill-poll-week-4/125975-district-by-district

CO-03

Scott Tipton (R) - 47
John Salazar (D) - 43

FL-02

Steve Southerland (R) - 50
Allen Boyd (D) - 38

GA-08

Austin Scott (R) - 50
Jim Marshall (D) - 37

IN-09

Baron Hill (D) - 46
Todd Young (R) - 44

IA-03

Leonard Boswell (D) - 49
Brad Zaun (R) - 37

ND-AL

Earl Pomeroy (D) - 45
Rick Berg (R) - 44

PA-11

Lou Barletta (R) - 48
Paul Kanjorski (D) - 43

SC-05

Mick Mulvaney (R) - 49
John Spratt (D) - 39

SD-AL

Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D) - 45
Kristi Noem (R) - 42

TX-17

Bill Flores (R) - 52
Chet Edwards (D) - 40
The Train Room©
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:37 am »
Ignore

This is going to be a disaster in the House.

What are you talking about Duke?  Things are great so far.   I do have to cling to God no matter what.  I have nothing against this at all,  but in my class there are 9 blacks and 4 whites.  African Americans are quite prevalent in that part of Tulsa.  I don't mind it at all,  but it is an interesting fact in white Oklahoma.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:35 am »
Ignore

IA-03 surprises me.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:42:52 am »
Ignore

Eh, I won't really miss most of those people. The good guys (Boswell, Pomeroy, I guess Herseth-Sandlin) also seem to be hanging in there.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:45:33 am »
Ignore

IA-03 surprises me.

Lousy GOP candidate.

X is Tywinning
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »
Ignore

Eh, I won't really miss most of those people. The good guys (Boswell, Pomeroy, I guess Herseth-Sandlin) also seem to be hanging in there.

I'm glad that Boswell, Hill, and Pomeroy leading (especially Hill), but I'm really sad to see that Spratt is trailing (he's a really good Congressman and a real Democrat, despite his district).  I had been hoping that Spratt still had a chance, but (at least according to this poll) he seems to be a goner Sad  I'm hoping the SC-5 result is an outlier and that Spratt narrowly wins (perhaps someone better acquainted with the district could inform me as to whether Spratt still has a chance).  Herseth-Sandlin is one of the more annoying blue-dogs and I feel rather apathetic about her fate this November (although I'd rather keep the seat than lose it, obviously).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:12:28 pm by Mr. X »Logged

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:21:09 pm »
Ignore

I'm glad that Boswell, Hill, and Pomeroy leading (especially Hill), but I'm really sad to see that Spratt is trailing (he's a really good Congressman and a real Democrat, despite his district).  I had been hoping that Spratt still had a chance, but (at least according to this poll) he seems to be a goner Sad  I'm hoping the SC-5 result is an outlier and that Spratt narrowly wins (perhaps someone better acquainted with the district could inform me as to whether Spratt still has a chance).  Herseth-Sandlin is one of the more annoying blue-dogs and I feel rather apathetic about her fate this November (although I'd rather keep the seat than lose it, obviously).
The reason Herseth-Sandlin winning is important is for her to replace Tim Johnson in the Senate. That is her purpose in life.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:34:28 pm by I wish I wish upon a Star »Logged
X is Tywinning
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 12:36:33 pm »
Ignore

The reason Herseth-Sandlin winning is important is for her to replace Tim Johnson in the Senate. That is her purpose in life.

Fair enough

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 01:07:44 pm »
Ignore

ND-AL & SD-AL surprise me. Those polls are showing the GOP doing worse than other recent polling of the races.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:09:26 pm »
Ignore

ND-AL & SD-AL surprise me. Those polls are showing the GOP doing worse than other recent polling of the races.

I'm surprised Earl Pomery is ahead too.

Both Pomeroy and H-Sandlin are going against heavy GOP coattails in the Dakotas.

I'd give H-Sandlin better odds than Pomeroy.

Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 01:22:50 pm »
Ignore

The only polls I ever see of those races are Rasmussen so it's nice to get more polls of these districts.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, I didn't see Spratt's numbers. That sucks.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 02:49:19 pm »
Ignore

My hope is that Spratt wins by about three votes. More likely is that he loses, obviously.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »
Ignore

Well, he wasn't going to stay in Washington forever, anyway.
Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 03:24:12 pm »
Ignore

2010 will be the final nail in the coffin in the very slow funeral of the (rural) Southern Democrat.

rob in cal
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 05:03:21 pm »
Ignore

The scary thing for Democrats about the demise of rural white southern Democrats is that those seats are so much tougher to win back.  Its one thing to lose a California 11, or a suburban Philly or outer Chicago area seat, those can be taken back in a solid Democrat year, but losing some of these southern seats is like losing forts deep in enemy territory.
Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:08:57 pm »
Ignore

The scary thing for Democrats about the demise of rural white southern Democrats is that those seats are so much tougher to win back.  Its one thing to lose a California 11, or a suburban Philly or outer Chicago area seat, those can be taken back in a solid Democrat year, but losing some of these southern seats is like losing forts deep in enemy territory.

Indeed, many won't be going Democratic again until there is another 2006.

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
timmer123

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 10:05:27 pm »
Ignore

Herseth Sandlin and Pomeroy will both lose.

You can cry about it later...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout