The Hill: Longer-term Dems not doing much better either
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:34:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  The Hill: Longer-term Dems not doing much better either
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hill: Longer-term Dems not doing much better either  (Read 4807 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:24:08 AM »

http://thehill.com/house-polls/thehill-poll-week-4/125975-district-by-district

CO-03

Scott Tipton (R) - 47
John Salazar (D) - 43

FL-02

Steve Southerland (R) - 50
Allen Boyd (D) - 38

GA-08

Austin Scott (R) - 50
Jim Marshall (D) - 37

IN-09

Baron Hill (D) - 46
Todd Young (R) - 44

IA-03

Leonard Boswell (D) - 49
Brad Zaun (R) - 37

ND-AL

Earl Pomeroy (D) - 45
Rick Berg (R) - 44

PA-11

Lou Barletta (R) - 48
Paul Kanjorski (D) - 43

SC-05

Mick Mulvaney (R) - 49
John Spratt (D) - 39

SD-AL

Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D) - 45
Kristi Noem (R) - 42

TX-17

Bill Flores (R) - 52
Chet Edwards (D) - 40
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »

This is going to be a disaster in the House.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »

IA-03 surprises me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:42:52 AM »

Eh, I won't really miss most of those people. The good guys (Boswell, Pomeroy, I guess Herseth-Sandlin) also seem to be hanging in there.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:45:33 AM »

Lousy GOP candidate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2010, 12:12:28 PM by Mr. X »

Eh, I won't really miss most of those people. The good guys (Boswell, Pomeroy, I guess Herseth-Sandlin) also seem to be hanging in there.

I'm glad that Boswell, Hill, and Pomeroy leading (especially Hill), but I'm really sad to see that Spratt is trailing (he's a really good Congressman and a real Democrat, despite his district).  I had been hoping that Spratt still had a chance, but (at least according to this poll) he seems to be a goner Sad  I'm hoping the SC-5 result is an outlier and that Spratt narrowly wins (perhaps someone better acquainted with the district could inform me as to whether Spratt still has a chance).  Herseth-Sandlin is one of the more annoying blue-dogs and I feel rather apathetic about her fate this November (although I'd rather keep the seat than lose it, obviously).
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2010, 12:34:28 PM by I wish I wish upon a Star »

I'm glad that Boswell, Hill, and Pomeroy leading (especially Hill), but I'm really sad to see that Spratt is trailing (he's a really good Congressman and a real Democrat, despite his district).  I had been hoping that Spratt still had a chance, but (at least according to this poll) he seems to be a goner Sad  I'm hoping the SC-5 result is an outlier and that Spratt narrowly wins (perhaps someone better acquainted with the district could inform me as to whether Spratt still has a chance).  Herseth-Sandlin is one of the more annoying blue-dogs and I feel rather apathetic about her fate this November (although I'd rather keep the seat than lose it, obviously).
The reason Herseth-Sandlin winning is important is for her to replace Tim Johnson in the Senate. That is her purpose in life.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

The reason Herseth-Sandlin winning is important is for her to replace Tim Johnson in the Senate. That is her purpose in life.

Fair enough
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »

ND-AL & SD-AL surprise me. Those polls are showing the GOP doing worse than other recent polling of the races.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »

ND-AL & SD-AL surprise me. Those polls are showing the GOP doing worse than other recent polling of the races.

I'm surprised Earl Pomery is ahead too.

Both Pomeroy and H-Sandlin are going against heavy GOP coattails in the Dakotas.

I'd give H-Sandlin better odds than Pomeroy.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

The only polls I ever see of those races are Rasmussen so it's nice to get more polls of these districts.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »

Yeah, I didn't see Spratt's numbers. That sucks.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »

My hope is that Spratt wins by about three votes. More likely is that he loses, obviously.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »

Well, he wasn't going to stay in Washington forever, anyway.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »

2010 will be the final nail in the coffin in the very slow funeral of the (rural) Southern Democrat.
rob in cal
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »

The scary thing for Democrats about the demise of rural white southern Democrats is that those seats are so much tougher to win back.  Its one thing to lose a California 11, or a suburban Philly or outer Chicago area seat, those can be taken back in a solid Democrat year, but losing some of these southern seats is like losing forts deep in enemy territory.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »

The scary thing for Democrats about the demise of rural white southern Democrats is that those seats are so much tougher to win back.  Its one thing to lose a California 11, or a suburban Philly or outer Chicago area seat, those can be taken back in a solid Democrat year, but losing some of these southern seats is like losing forts deep in enemy territory.

Indeed, many won't be going Democratic again until there is another 2006.
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »

Herseth Sandlin and Pomeroy will both lose.

You can cry about it later...

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies