Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 03:17:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 15227 times)
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:28 pm »
Ignore

Anyway, after reading other suggestions, these are some good villain ideas:

Scarecrow

He already played a major role in the first (yet was still kind of one of the weakest parts), and had a short cameo bit in the second (where it was quite obvious that he was arrested), so why? He's obviously out.

I honestly forgot about it and was just throwing around the names of villains I like. I was thinking more about the villains in the second movie.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 08:52:32 pm »
Ignore

Hush would be amazing.  I've never been a big fan of the Riddler, personally.  Bane doesn't work as a major villain; maybe in a secondary role.  Clayface could be cool.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 01:00:09 pm »
Ignore

Big Announcements!

Anne Hathaway is playing Selina Kyle (and presumably Catwoman)

Tom Hardy is playing Bane

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

Kind of surprising. I hope there's at least one other major villain in it.

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:33 pm »
Ignore

Big Announcements!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

I'm hoping for a calculating villain to be in it....Bane just seems too....brute strength to me to fill that role.

And I find it funny that the title of the film seems to be the exact opposite of the word Knightfall.  Nolan certainly has some twisted sense of humour.Tongue
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:54:11 pm by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »Logged

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
Ignore

I don't see how Hathaway manages to play Catwoman.  She just doesn't give off that kind of vibe.  I'm still holding out hope for Hush.

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:30 am »
Ignore

Horrible

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:33 am »
Ignore

Big Announcements!

I'm hoping for a calculating villain to be in it....Bane just seems too....brute strength to me to fill that role.

And I find it funny that the title of the film seems to be the exact opposite of the word Knightfall.  Nolan certainly has some twisted sense of humour.Tongue

Yeah I really still feel like he should throw either the Riddler or the Penguin in there. I guess that's not gonna happen though. Maybe Hugo Strange?

I bet Nolan's take on Bane will be pretty cool though. Hopefully he'll have a pretty epic fight in it with Batman... and let's not forget, the character is a genius in the comics.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:43 am »
Ignore

Some news and rumors:

JGL is apparently going to be in the movie... but as who?
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125364-joseph-gordon-levitt-joining-the-dark-knight-rises-

Anne Hathaway Catwoman costume test said to be "phenomenal".
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125274-anne-hathaways-dark-knight-rises-costume-test-qphenomenalq

Robin Williams may play Hugo Strange. (This would be very cool but it's just a rumor at this point.)
http://batman-news.com/2011/01/28/robin-williams-as-hugo-strange-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Also apparently an office has been setup for TDKR in NYC. Smiley

Man, it'd be awesome if they shot it over here!

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:18 am »
Ignore

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman!?!

Potential miscast, but we'll see

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Iosif
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 11:54:12 am »
Ignore

Where's Robin?

I don't like Nolan's serious Batman. It's a comic book! It's meant to be camp and ridiculous. Not pretentious and humourless.

J.J., I wanted to congratulate you on your assignment "A Typical Day In My Life". I think you did a superb job with it. So good that I think I'll share it with everyone else.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:42 am »
Ignore

Where's Robin?

I don't like Nolan's serious Batman. It's a comic book! It's meant to be camp and ridiculous. Not pretentious and humourless.

Uh, most comics aren't camp and ridiculous. The Batman comic was originally quite dark. Just until now people associated it mostly with that silly Adam West TV show.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 12:23:34 pm »
Ignore

I used to agree that Batman would be better if it was more ridiculous like the 1960s series. That remains my favorite Batman because I grew up on the reruns. That being said, while I was never a fan of the "dark" comic series, the dark movies are great. Try watching The Dark Knight and then a 1960s Batman episode (either on YouTube or TV. Some new network airs reruns). The one has a deep point and the other is...well...you know.

That being said, I'd love to see a remake of the 1960s movie. That one was a let down. Plus, doing a retro Batman movie just one time would be a huge hit.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:32 pm »
Ignore

Where's Robin?

Uh, most comics aren't camp and ridiculous. The Batman comic was originally quite dark. Just until now people associated it mostly with that silly Adam West TV show.

Correct... and of course it is a fairly dark comic today and has been since the 70s. It really only became childish and ridiculous in the 50s and 60s because of the power of the Comic Code Authority.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the Adam West show and some of the other silly versions of the character/story but at the end of the day I certainly prefer the more serious versions offered up by Bob Kane, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Chris Nolan, etc.

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »
Ignore

Some news and rumors:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125364-joseph-gordon-levitt-joining-the-dark-knight-rises-

I'm going with either Riddler or Robin....just because those would make me happy. Smiley

Levitt would work well as a villain though, one positive aspect of GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra was Levitt's portrayal of the Doctor/Cobra Commander.

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 07:15:28 pm »
Ignore

Some news and rumors:

I'm going with either Riddler or Robin....just because those would make me happy. Smiley

Levitt would work well as a villain though, one positive aspect of GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra was Levitt's portrayal of the Doctor/Cobra Commander.

Nolan has essentially ruled those characters out though. I agree that he would make an awesome Riddler though.

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »
Ignore

Robin has pretty much been written off as the Cousin Oliver of the comic book world.  I doubt any serious film will ever include him.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
morays or demon
Ghost_white
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:09 pm »
Ignore

Where's Robin?

Correct... and of course it is a fairly dark comic today and has been since the 70s. It really only became childish and ridiculous in the 50s and 60s because of the power of the Comic Code Authority.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the Adam West show and some of the other silly versions of the character/story but at the end of the day I certainly prefer the more serious versions offered up by Bob Kane, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Chris Nolan, etc.

That and the whole flying saucers and b-movie monsters craze. Amusingly most of that is canon again though.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »
Ignore

Where's Robin?

That and the whole flying saucers and b-movie monsters craze. Amusingly most of that is canon again though.

Enter Grant Morrison.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »
Ignore

While we're on the subject of "darker" Batman, what's everyone's opinion of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller?

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:17 pm »
Ignore

While we're on the subject of "darker" Batman, what's everyone's opinion of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller?

It's a classic, of course. Also check out Batman: Year One.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
Ignore

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:33 pm »
Ignore

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.

Yeah, I just mentioned that one because it was also by Miller.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:30:55 am by Eraserhead »Logged

morays or demon
Ghost_white
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 06:09:53 pm »
Ignore

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 11:11:25 pm »
Ignore

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.
Yeah, I just mentioned that one because it was also by Miller.

Ah, of course.  Well, I never miss an opportunity to plug BTAS

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 09:33:54 am »
Ignore

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.

Miller has written a boatload of crap in recent years but I really can't agree with that. Those are great stories though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout